Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Stanley FATMAX 23-in. Structural Foam Toolbox - Clearance for $19.98 (33% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2021 4:19 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1755 posts
663 upvotes
Toronto

[Home Depot] Stanley FATMAX 23-in. Structural Foam Toolbox - Clearance for $19.98 (33% off)

Happy new year, RFD!

I was looking for a larger toolbox recently at Home Depot and saw the Stanley FATMAX 23-in. Structural Foam Toolbox. This thing is solid, watertight, and is strong enough that you can stand on it. I paid regular price at $30, and compared to the other toolboxes that were much thinner plastic and less sturdy I thought it was a good value then.

It’s on clearance now at Home Depot for $19.98, which I think is a pretty warm deal.

StockTrack shows lots of stock around at stores all at this price: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/stanle ... 1000667544

Reviews at Amazon and HD websites are good too: https://www.amazon.ca/Stanley-Waterproo ... B001SY4TOU
59 replies
Oct 29, 2016
490 posts
288 upvotes
Lol I just ordered 2 from the other thread. Maybe a single one of these would be better?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1755 posts
663 upvotes
Toronto
User381589 wrote: Lol I just ordered 2 from the other thread. Maybe a single one of these would be better?
Depends on your need! This one is bigger than that Husky 16” and much...chunkier? The “structural foam” adds a lot of thickness compared to the thin plastic. I’m using mine for larger power tools that I want to keep safe in my shed.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1176 posts
819 upvotes
User381589 wrote: Lol I just ordered 2 from the other thread. Maybe a single one of these would be better?
If you're comparing these to the small Husky boxes, these are way better. They are much studier and usable (IMO) than those small boxes.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2003
1578 posts
100 upvotes
Got this a couple years ago on a similar deal. It's solid for sure, but gets pretty heavy when full. Like another poster, I use it to store a couple of things that I want to keep safe - and not move around too often. I wouldn't be able to use it for an everyday toolbox that I'd be lugging around the house for diy stuff
Jun 12, 2018
207 posts
119 upvotes
Pet, Ontario
Thanks OP. Good deal. Ordered a dozen to use for groceries in my new Ford F150
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1827 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered 2 will be returning the husky ones
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1755 posts
663 upvotes
Toronto
NRFDRFDR wrote: Got this a couple years ago on a similar deal. It's solid for sure, but gets pretty heavy when full. Like another poster, I use it to store a couple of things that I want to keep safe - and not move around too often. I wouldn't be able to use it for an everyday toolbox that I'd be lugging around the house for diy stuff
That’s a good point. I keep a soft tool bag in the house that I carry around for regular jobs but wouldn’t want to use this Stanley as my primary tool carrier.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
1152 posts
171 upvotes
NRFDRFDR wrote: I wouldn't be able to use it for an everyday toolbox that I'd be lugging around the house for diy stuff
Com'on really? They are not that heavy, even when full. Maybe at a jobsite, but around the house should be no problem.

These are solid tool boxes. I can stack then and feel confident to stand on them to reach things.
Oct 21, 2009
417 posts
513 upvotes
I have this toolbox and purchased 3 Husky ones yesterday. They serve a different purpose.
I will be moving my Torx and stubby screwdrivers to the Husky box, and using the Stanley box for plumbing supplies and repair tools.
Last edited by Bart_ on Jan 1st, 2021 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Penalty Box
Dec 28, 2004
873 posts
104 upvotes
Montreal
I use that toolbox professionally and can comfirm it is high quality. One latch is now broken after 2 years of everyday use.

Thanks OP, i might buy one tomorrow if my communist government allows me
Oct 29, 2016
490 posts
288 upvotes
vazilioz wrote: I use that toolbox professionally and can comfirm it is high quality. One latch is now broken after 2 years of everyday use.

Thanks OP, i might buy one tomorrow if my communist government allows me
We don't have a government that is communist nor prevents you from buying home depot items.
Oct 21, 2009
417 posts
513 upvotes
vazilioz wrote: Thanks OP, i might buy one tomorrow if my communist government allows me
As someone who has lived under a communist government for 9 years, I respectfully disagree with your comment.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4268 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto
My other order got cancelled, reserved one in store(Markham location).
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Penalty Box
Dec 28, 2004
873 posts
104 upvotes
Montreal
User381589 wrote: We don't have a government that is communist nor prevents you from buying home depot items.
Come to Quebec and find out. You are no longer allowed to buy concrete, wood, light fixtures a microwave to cook you meal ... yup !

A toolbox is probably not essential here in Quebec. But weed and alcohol is.

https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health- ... terprises/

Anyways, i'll go check out tomorrow, plenty left around my area
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1203 posts
1381 upvotes
GTA
Thanks, OP, ordered 2
Zoomer Wireless $40.50/6GB unlimited minute plan;
Public Mobile $15 unlimited incoming call;
Fido $10 4GB LTE data/Month plan
Deal Addict