Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Sun Joe Dethatcher / Scarifier $146 (Save $52)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2021 6:22 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2007
1662 posts
329 upvotes
Interesting I don't see the import fee are due and mine is also coming from the states. Guess I will wait and see when they attempt to deliver.
Mar 29, 2007
309 posts
193 upvotes
Calgary
locodawg wrote: Interesting I don't see the import fee are due and mine is also coming from the states. Guess I will wait and see when they attempt to deliver.
It shows up here when I track with the UPS tracking number
Untitled.png
Penalty Box
Jun 20, 2020
17142 posts
22935 upvotes
Toronto
redwings_patriots wrote: I just had this delivered yesterday. It was recommended by a youtuber that has a great looking lawn. Paid $148 + tax and no shipping fees. Less power and no bag though.

https://greenworkstools.ca/products/10a-14-dethatcher-gen-1-tool-only
This only does dethatching

[Walmart] Greenworks 10A 14" Dethatcher - $79 YMMV
Destiny is all
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6933 posts
5857 upvotes
redwings_patriots wrote: I just had this delivered yesterday. It was recommended by a youtuber that has a great looking lawn. Paid $148 + tax and no shipping fees. Less power and no bag though.

https://greenworkstools.ca/products/10a-14-dethatcher-gen-1-tool-only
Ryan Knorr uses that one, my go to for lawn care stuff. Pretty good machine - pretty sure it's in the same league as the sunjoe, though.
Oct 26, 2012
27 posts
83 upvotes
CALGARY
Mine is to deliver today. No showing of import fee.
Images
  • Web capture_19-8-2021_9043_www.ups.com.jpeg
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2007
1662 posts
329 upvotes
seagull2 wrote: Mine is to deliver today. No showing of import fee.
Yea mine looks the same. Interesting how some got import fees. As long home depot took care of it in the end, but still hassle to contact them and get it sorted.
Oct 5, 2010
157 posts
170 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta
Good deal for the corded one.

But just a heads-up, the cordless version (24V-X2-DTS15) will be available in Canada beginning of September according to Sun Joe support.

The cordless version is already being advertised on Amazon, Home Depot, etc - but you cannot purchase it yet.
Oct 24, 2019
952 posts
1809 upvotes
Edmonton
Got the same unit for just over $100 last year off Amazon.

The Dethatcher bought up so much stuff (21 full bags) last fall so crazy.
The Scarifier is great for overseading in Spring or Fall.

Do not Dethatch in the middle of summer. I did a quarter of my lawn and the lawn dried out. You could totally see where I used the unit.
Jan 2, 2009
182 posts
55 upvotes
Vancouver
I went to HD in store and it wasn't scanning correctly for the cashier(still showing $198). Scanned myself with the home depot app and showed the sale price.

Cashier asked for assistance about the product and I asked if they followed the scanning code of practice in BC. Ended up getting it for $134 + tax

Thanks OP!
Nov 20, 2015
115 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Bidjaan wrote: Stocktrak showing 1 in Waterloo Farmers Market. Just purchased it for $79 clearance price. No more. Thanks OP!
Was there any more after?
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2017
1048 posts
1037 upvotes
Posted in wrong dethatcher thread. It was one from Walmart
Mar 10, 2011
515 posts
438 upvotes
Niagara
kr0zet wrote: I don't believe that Amazon has ever offered a price match policy. Because of the dynamic pricing it would be a nightmare to deal with. They just make it a hassle so 95% of the general public wont bother.
Called customer support from the app (they actually called me back). Asked if they wanted me to return and reorder. I was given a $10 credit
See sumtin'. Say sumtin'. ('less someone else already did)
May 30, 2008
60 posts
20 upvotes
Azeton wrote: Good deal for the corded one.

But just a heads-up, the cordless version (24V-X2-DTS15) will be available in Canada beginning of September according to Sun Joe support.

The cordless version is already being advertised on Amazon, Home Depot, etc - but you cannot purchase it yet.
The battery powered one will be good for those who have a small yard but based on the video review I saw, the batteries only last 20 minutes or so. It will be interesting to see if and when Ryobi's battery powered dethatcher makes it to Canada. For now I just ordered the corded Sun Joe. I plan to dethatch around the middle of September anyway.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2003
4240 posts
580 upvotes
Toronto
So i chatted with HD support 2 days ago and they told me they will send payment to UPS. Of course today, i just received a slip on my door to pay the brokerage. This is a huge pain, might as have just ordered from amazon.ca instead!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6933 posts
5857 upvotes
What I've learned from this, is that this product is at least break-even to Home Depot at $30.. lol
Sep 11, 2007
417 posts
331 upvotes
TDot
Anyone recommend the right extension cord to go with this?
Mar 2, 2009
589 posts
316 upvotes
Noob question, how do you people make sure the dethatcher does not damage the sprinkler heads?
Jun 19, 2009
317 posts
709 upvotes
Winnipeg
The dethatcher arrived this morning... UPS Asked for $127 import fee. UPS guy said I was the 3rd delivery of the same Dethatcher today, and he had 1 more down the street. I told him I'm refusing the delivery.
I reordered from Amazon instead. Didn't want to deal with calling HD over this mess up.