Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Sun Joe Electric Multi-Angle Pole Chain Saw 10 inch 8.0 Amp - $87.27 (after PM)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2020 11:42 am
[OP]
Dec 31, 2005
929 posts
426 upvotes
Waterloo

[Home Depot] Sun Joe Electric Multi-Angle Pole Chain Saw 10 inch 8.0 Amp - $87.27 (after PM)

Happened to find myself in the market for a pole chainsaw. Past deals would suggest that this is a good unit and a great price.

Walmart.ca has it for $96.97 Sun Joe SWJ803E-CMO Electric Multi-Angle Pole Chain Saw | 10 inch | 8.0 Amp (Camo), while Home Depot has it for $178. Both in stock, free shipping (neither have it available in store). As a note, I had a really tough time getting through to someone to do the PM at Home Depot. I found a lot of patience with the online chat eventually yielded success. I couldn't get through on the phone and leaving my number in the queue for call back didn't seem to get results either.

Reviews on the unit are good. It's camo but who cares.
Happy Zoomer customer! $36/800m/5gb.
41 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
3546 posts
1354 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Thanks OP! Might suggest putting YMMV as it not certain that the extra 10% would apply as this is online only? I've been trying to call support but can't even get though to their number!? Can't seem to find chat either - looks like they removed it?

Thinking about getting this even though I've already got the Ryobi pole saw (unused). Sun Joe version seems to have a longer reach although it needs to be plugged in... Ryobi is cordless (battery power)... decisions, decisions... Thinking Face
I can't afford to save that much!
Mar 3, 2018
19 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa
Just ordered it. + 1% cashback from Rakuten.
Oct 26, 2015
33 posts
13 upvotes
Mississauga
Were yo able to price match it?
or just ordered from wal-mart?
Feb 22, 2010
291 posts
207 upvotes
Home Depot website mentions the extra 10% doesn't apply with online price-match. Good if you got it, but otherwise, order from Walmart if still possible.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
4561 posts
406 upvotes
Burlington
Have they shortened the online delivery timeframe since the stores have now opened?
Jul 28, 2005
13 posts
13 upvotes
Kingston
I’ve been trying to call Homehardware since Friday about an order. Can’t even wait for a customers service rep, say phone lines are at capacity and hangs uoPouting Face
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2732 posts
1286 upvotes
Mississauga
Success through online chat
$98.62 all in shipped to Ontario by 27th
Op thanked
Jun 11, 2015
93 posts
64 upvotes
London Ontario
I must be stupid... I've tried several browsers and i can't seem to get live chat to work.

Even incognito where adblocker doesn't run... Where does it show up for people?
Dec 30, 2015
23 posts
5 upvotes
White Rock, BC
They will beat it by 10%. Only price matching is only for online-only stores. So any store that has brick and mortar location they will beat by 10%.

I just got it by going into the store and getting them to order it for me. Phone was on hold for way too long.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2732 posts
1286 upvotes
Mississauga
picklefingers wrote: I must be stupid... I've tried several browsers and i can't seem to get live chat to work.

Even incognito where adblocker doesn't run... Where does it show up for people?
Did it in chrome incognito on my droid phone
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2011
1197 posts
365 upvotes
I was looking at these until I saw the new dewalt 15 foot 20v XR 8” pole saw and dropped the $200 on it! But for half the dough this is a good deal.
No One Goes to Palmerston Ontario
Nov 25, 2008
118 posts
130 upvotes
I own this and used for past 2 summers. Works well and can reach really high. Sure beats doing it manually.

Only complaint is the oil leaks out and gets messy. I always fill it to minimum amount each time. Read this problem in a review before I bought it too.
[OP]
Dec 31, 2005
929 posts
426 upvotes
Waterloo
deals46 wrote: Thanks OP! Might suggest putting YMMV as it not certain that the extra 10% would apply as this is online only? I've been trying to call support but can't even get though to their number!? Can't seem to find chat either - looks like they removed it?

Thinking about getting this even though I've already got the Ryobi pole saw (unused). Sun Joe version seems to have a longer reach although it needs to be plugged in... Ryobi is cordless (battery power)... decisions, decisions... Thinking Face
The Sun Joe doesn't reach much higher than the Ryobi that I saw. Descriptions are a bit misleading. The Sun Joe says 15' which includes the 9'4" of the unit AND your estimated height of 5'8". If I recall the Ryobi says 9' so really only 4" higher. The extra cutting length is beneficial for larger limbs as well as more teeth to do the cutting (longer between sharpening for same work in theory).

I prefer Ryobi batteries and tools because I have a bunch. I missed the Ryobi for $88 but would prefer this unit, even though corded, for similar price.
Happy Zoomer customer! $36/800m/5gb.