Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

Sun Joe SWJ805E Electric Convertible Pole Chain Saw | 8 inch | 6.0 Amp for $78.27 (with price match)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2020 6:23 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1515 posts
8638 upvotes
MILTON

[Home Depot] Sun Joe SWJ805E Electric Convertible Pole Chain Saw | 8 inch | 6.0 Amp for $78.27 (with price match)

with little effort you can get good tool for your back yard.

Walmart has Sun Joe SWJ805E Electric Pole Chain Saw for $86.97
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/sun-joe-sw ... 0197581425

you can get it Priced matched at Home Depot for Price Match + 10% = $78.27

you can will have to get in touch with the Home Deport Customer service and give them part description, currently HD is selling it for $148.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/sun-jo ... 1001073437

good luck Image
29 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
4110 posts
9316 upvotes
45° 36' 44.9964'' N …
I don't think price match with the 10% works for on line price matching (web store to web store) with HD, also no stores Walmart or HD. carry this item in my region.

Last edited by 2Riskit on Jul 25th, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
2180 posts
2379 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks - needed a pole chainsaw to hack limbs off my neighbors tree in the night.
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
1439 posts
467 upvotes
Too bad! On-line price match only!
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2545 posts
3577 upvotes
GTA
soupmaster666 wrote: It looks like the range on this bad boy is 1.9 to 2.7m (6.2 to 8.9 ft apparently). Not sure that's enough to keep a zombie horde back.

If you balance precariously on a folding ladder you should be able to cut branches up to 13 or so feet off the ground, before you lose your balance and a limb.
OMG. This is just wrong on so many levels.
At least you did say lose a limb...that would be your own, not the tree.
More seriously, always two feet on the ground using a pole saw. Never on a ladder.

Two other things to remember are:
1. you need to stand to the side of what you are cutting, so the height you can reach is reduced. You never stand under the branch you are cutting.
2. As you are cutting at an angle vs. top down , expect the blade to bind in the cut as you get part way through. Cut off smaller pieces of the branch first to help this, by reducing the weight that can bind the blade.

And remember that you can kill yourself and others using this, so read the manual and use caution.

(yeah, this was a real downer post.)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5371 posts
2599 upvotes
karlb wrote: OMG. This is just wrong on so many levels.
At least you did say lose a limb...that would be your own, not the tree.
More seriously, always two feet on the ground using a pole saw. Never on a ladder.

Two other things to remember are:
1. you need to stand to the side of what you are cutting, so the height you can reach is reduced. You never stand under the branch you are cutting.
2. As you are cutting at an angle vs. top down , expect the blade to bind in the cut as you get part way through. Cut off smaller pieces of the branch first to help this, by reducing the weight that can bind the blade.

And remember that you can kill yourself and others using this, so read the manual and use caution.

(yeah, this was a real downer post.)
whoosh.
Nov 8, 2004
39 posts
13 upvotes
Homedepot will beat Walmart.ca price by 10%. Have done twice in the past 30 days, including this specific pole saw in June (paid 78.27+tax).
This pole saw comes fully assembled.
It is easy to use.
First cut down the branches and then change the pole saw into a mini chainsaw to cut the branch into small pieces.
Need a long power cord though. Recommended.
2Riskit wrote: I don't think price match with the 10% works for on line price matching (web store to web store) with HD, also no stores Walmart or HD. carry this item in my region.

Jan 18, 2017
398 posts
308 upvotes
Thanks OP.

I just got it price matched at Home Depot for $78.27

I missed out on this deal last time.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16138 posts
6658 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, I just ordered from walmart.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2461 posts
2203 upvotes
Vancouver
how many of us sitting in live chat with HD right now waiting for them to reply....

Got it for $80 pre tax. Works for me.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2007
1011 posts
166 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thanks OP. Also got the price match from Home Depot.
Sep 6, 2012
577 posts
270 upvotes
Vancouver
thx OP. Called HD customer service and spent about 10 mins.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2009
1038 posts
265 upvotes
Thanks! Just got the deal via online chat... I definitely need one of these with my yard with trees on 3 sides!
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
1439 posts
467 upvotes
I got the price match from Home Depot for 78.27+tax as well! Thx OP!
Where is the best place to buy chain oil?
Dec 26, 2011
385 posts
124 upvotes
Ottawa
Awesome saw. Cuts very well.

As for oil, just use vegetable/canola oil. Seriously.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7226 posts
7724 upvotes
Vancouver
I have almost the same pole chain saw, but mine is the 8-amp model. I'm not sure why Sun Joe offers these slight variations.

I've used it a lot, both on and off the pole. It's pretty unwieldy out on the end of the pole at full extension, so you have to be careful to be well braced, not standing on a rickety ladder. Also it would be nice if it had a pivoting head to make horizontal cuts overhead, but this one doesn't have that. For the size it seems quite powerful, but it's really important to have a sharp chain, otherwise you won't be cutting anything fast.

Use standard high-tac chain oil for best results (high-tac means it resists being thrown off the chain). It's cheap, but some people prefer veggie oil to avoid environmental pollution.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2847 posts
1880 upvotes
montreal
can get the price match, but not the 10% as the agent (chat) saw it was only online at walmart.
So prefer to pass on it.
Mar 31, 2009
332 posts
449 upvotes
I personally do not see how this pole extended Chainsaw can be safely operated.
A small bump on the ground and this goes crushing right onto your head.
Sep 2, 2005
397 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
superbigjay wrote: can get the price match, but not the 10% as the agent (chat) saw it was only online at walmart.
So prefer to pass on it.
You can try again. I got the 10% off no problem. I called in Home Depot customer service, instead of using chat.
Sep 2, 2005
397 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
nav888 wrote: I got the price match from Home Depot for 78.27+tax as well! Thx OP!
Where is the best place to buy chain oil?
Canadian Tire's MotoMaster chain & bar oil is only $5 / L

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)