At least 9 in stock time of post
Images
  • upload.jpg
55 replies
Dec 2, 2009
575 posts
832 upvotes
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=hd&sku=1000708227

Shows $0 at a bunch of stores and $39.98 for the stores sold out in Winnipeg.
Picking up an order later so I'll check it out.

Possible YMMV?

How are these anyway ? Anyone used them before?
I know Canadian Tire recently had a different unit on sale for $24.99 from $49.99 or so.

Feedback would be appreciated as I've been wanting to get something for the patio.

Thanks
Jun 5, 2007
74 posts
40 upvotes
I too would like to know if thermocell works for a patio. I live in Durham so it gets pretty buggy at night in the summer.
Apr 9, 2012
472 posts
393 upvotes
Thermacells work GREAT!

As always, search the forums (or the web) when you have questions, as Thermacell's have been discussed to death so many times.
Jun 29, 2019
40 posts
58 upvotes
stoked84 wrote: I too would like to know if thermocell works for a patio. I live in Durham so it gets pretty buggy at night in the summer.
I also live in Durham with my backyard patio backing onto a forest and trust me these work. Give it 5 mins to heat up and it'll be completely mosquito free.
Dec 2, 2009
575 posts
832 upvotes
Scanning $36 in Winnipeg polo location.

Refused to price match their own stores. Offered me $10 off each one if I buy 5.
Jun 5, 2007
74 posts
40 upvotes
Which version do you have? The one posted, patio or radius?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4427 posts
1194 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Kinda sidetracking here but does anyone have a solution or tech idea that could get rid of flies?
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1512 posts
805 upvotes
There was a thread from Walmart where they were prices at $10-$20. Refills were like $14.

I can’t find the thread though
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
3786 posts
5893 upvotes
You see them being used in almost every Steve Wallis stealth camping video. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Feb 3, 2015
78 posts
27 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
So I bought the patio one and took it up to Muskoka last weekend fires it up and latched it on my bag. I still gotten eaten alive, was I using it wrong or what? I hear the butane burning and the top was hot too. Any ideas? Is the Patio one not ment for hiking? Please and thanks in advance!
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
1849 posts
737 upvotes
Ottawa
Mossmod wrote: So I bought the patio one and took it up to Muskoka last weekend fires it up and latched it on my bag. I still gotten eaten alive, was I using it wrong or what? I hear the butane burning and the top was hot too. Any ideas? Is the Patio one not ment for hiking? Please and thanks in advance!
If there's a good enough breeze it won't be as effective, you're likely better off wearing promethrin treated clothing (Mark's sells the Windriver No Fly Zone clothing line) to try and keep the skeeters off of you.
Nov 11, 2015
73 posts
100 upvotes
montreal
Thermacell works the best when there is little to no wind and while you are in one spot.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15426 posts
10066 upvotes
Southern Ontario
We’re at a Provincial Park and a friend brought it over so no buyer bias here, no breeze, didn’t noticeably work.
Sep 30, 2004
731 posts
119 upvotes
Markham
Mossmod wrote: So I bought the patio one and took it up to Muskoka last weekend fires it up and latched it on my bag. I still gotten eaten alive, was I using it wrong or what? I hear the butane burning and the top was hot too. Any ideas? Is the Patio one not ment for hiking? Please and thanks in advance!
For going camping I would recommend the backpacker version. A lot smaller and adding in the butane/propane fuel canisters lastest a lot longer and cheaper than the patio fuels. I have both - patio and backers and I prefer the backpacker.

We took it to Algonquin and we were fine. But then again we had 2 backpackers and 1 patio running to cover the large area.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2705 posts
1378 upvotes
Montréal, QC
surrealillusion wrote: If there's a good enough breeze it won't be as effective, you're likely better off wearing promethrin treated clothing (Mark's sells the Windriver No Fly Zone clothing line) to try and keep the skeeters off of you.
Interesting! Will definitely try them out on my next camping trip!
Jan 14, 2008
266 posts
121 upvotes
Caerus wrote: You see them being used in almost every Steve Wallis stealth camping video. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Hunker down and enjoy a step 2 my friend!
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
1849 posts
737 upvotes
Ottawa
Clee wrote: Interesting! Will definitely try them out on my next camping trip!
Also a good idea to stock a few Marks GC's from a CT sale and wait for the end of season clearance event to get them a better price
Dec 24, 2017
399 posts
373 upvotes
They work really good but got knows what chemicals you are inhaling with them, the smoke they give off smells like a drug lab.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)