Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Thermacell area repellent

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2020 3:47 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3392 posts
2924 upvotes
lesoir wrote: It is a good deal. But if you really using this, then buy the backpack version and do the refill dipping hack. That will save you a ton of money compared to this butane cartridge version (which can also be hacked but a lot more effort).
The butane hack was easy. I have two cartridges that I refill regularly with butane.

The only challenge as finding the right size butane filling tip.

I bought a cheap butane can from a big box store but the filling tip is too big. Bought (overpaid) for another from a head shop with multiple size tips. There was one that works with the cheap butane can, very pleased.

This plus pads from Malaysia and I am good to go.

P. S. If you want to learn the butane hack, just google it.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1685 posts
706 upvotes
Toronto
Third Eye wrote:
The only challenge as finding the right size butane filling tip.

I bought a cheap butane can from a big box store but the filling tip is too big. Bought (overpaid) for another from a head shop with multiple size tips. There was one that works with the cheap butane can, very pleased.
Care to share which store you got the right tip from? I have 2 ready to refill but having a hard time finding the right tip.....
Apr 2, 2019
72 posts
64 upvotes
it will be good if the buyer can share the receipt i went to the markham store that the buyer went, they said they never sell at 14.97 before. will be better for him to share the receipt so that we can PM at store. I asked 3 cashiers. seasonal and also store manager,
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
8985 posts
2274 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Marchsiun wrote: Saw this at HD, Woodbine n hwy 7.
At least 9 in stock time of post
can you tell me where u found them? are they in the garden section?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Apr 2, 2019
72 posts
64 upvotes
i went same store as he went, there are stock but not that price. will be better if he can give the reciept to check in same price. thx
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2010
1341 posts
1215 upvotes
stoked84 wrote: I too would like to know if thermocell works for a patio. I live in Durham so it gets pretty buggy at night in the summer.
We have one, and I find if there is literally no wind, it works. Unfortunately there is *always* at least some wind, or at least, very short time periods of little wind, so to us, it's not a lot more useful than mosquito coils.
Beep\Bop\Boop
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3392 posts
2924 upvotes
michiebaby wrote: Care to share which store you got the right tip from? I have 2 ready to refill but having a hard time finding the right tip.....
Honestly it was a Busy Bee convenience store. They had a butane can for filling lighters. In the cap there were removable plastic tips in various sizes.

I'm sure most convenience stores or head shops would have it.
Nov 2, 2019
179 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
Been using these for years, hunting camp, camping and now I use the patio one at home. They just work.

Always be down wind from it, and it will work even in windy conditions.
Aug 31, 2012
709 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto
flamenko wrote: I bought this and used it while bear hunting this spring. My stand was 20 feet up and, prior to using this, the mosquitos swarmed unbelievably. I wore net mesh over a sweater in the hot weather with a hat under the mesh to keep them away from my skin where the mesh rested. When I used Thermacell...not a mosquito and, in fact, I could strip down to bare chest for a few minutes just to eliminate the sweat. Got so comfortable that I fell asleep in the stand and missed seeing a mother and cubs followed by another 2-year old male. This is a still from the video taken while i was sound asleep...Look at Momma bear looking up. She knew I was there...snoring. Thermacell.
Can’t believe you were bear hunting. Wow! Nice pic.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
3074 posts
2163 upvotes
Maplesugar25 wrote: Can’t believe you were bear hunting. Wow! Nice pic.
I was actually sleeping but I let a number carry on their way this Spring... Tx
3368 upvotes
West GTA
Hey, I was hoping someone could help explain the advantage of these repellents over a typical mosquito coil? The coils are really cheap (like 4-5 bucks for ten), seem to have a similar exclusion zone for mosquitoes, and last five hours each. For a 'static' repellent used on a patio or deck, I'm failing to see why a thermacell is worth the large price premium?
Jun 4, 2011
547 posts
865 upvotes
Toronto
They make generic ones you can buy on Aliexpress/eBay, maybe not the most trustworthy but I think some are Raid brand, hell of a lot cheaper than thermacell but haven't ordered as they wouldn't get here till it snows at this rate.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9094 posts
5053 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Tapout123 wrote: We have one, and I find if there is literally no wind, it works. Unfortunately there is *always* at least some wind, or at least, very short time periods of little wind, so to us, it's not a lot more useful than mosquito coils.
Havox07 wrote: They make generic ones you can buy on Aliexpress/eBay, maybe not the most trustworthy but I think some are Raid brand, hell of a lot cheaper than thermacell but haven't ordered as they wouldn't get here till it snows at this rate.
Mosquito coils would be waaaaay cheaper.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Jan 13, 2017
784 posts
374 upvotes
I actually find the mosquito coils from dollarama works much better than the thermocell. Now I had 5 coils surrounding my picnic table with camp chair. when I used the thermocell, the mosquitos actually went by it and landed on me and I was in front of the thermocell. There was next to no wind. I dunno if mine was defective, but certainly not worth the cost. I'll stick with the coils.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2006
1460 posts
338 upvotes
Dragonrana2 wrote: I actually find the mosquito coils from dollarama works much better than the thermocell. Now I had 5 coils surrounding my picnic table with camp chair. when I used the thermocell, the mosquitos actually went by it and landed on me and I was in front of the thermocell. There was next to no wind. I dunno if mine was defective, but certainly not worth the cost. I'll stick with the coils.
I'm also not satisfied with Thermacell. I had 3 of them around me (within arms reach), and I was still bitten a bunch. I do prefer the dollarrama coils
Feb 2, 2015
213 posts
117 upvotes
Victoria, BC
ej25i wrote: https://stocktrack.ca/?s=hd&sku=1000708227

Shows $0 at a bunch of stores and $39.98 for the stores sold out in Winnipeg.
Picking up an order later so I'll check it out.

Possible YMMV?

How are these anyway ? Anyone used them before?
I know Canadian Tire recently had a different unit on sale for $24.99 from $49.99 or so.

Feedback would be appreciated as I've been wanting to get something for the patio.

Thanks
Any updates on this? My stores show $0 on stocktrack too.