Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Tilex Soap Scum Remover & Disinfectant Spray, Lemon, 946 ml $0.86 in store (Price Error)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2019 5:11 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5098 posts
3388 upvotes
CanRulez wrote: So if it's out of stock "online," does it mean we're SOL?

The HD stores won't price match the online price when it's out of stock, right? Or will they?
Well, how do you want them to price match and give it to you for $0.86 if they have no stock?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 19, 2014
2921 posts
1850 upvotes
Langley
sirxterminator wrote: Cheaper just to use 2 tps of bleach diluted in 1 liter of water, will work just the same. That's probably what they do to make this stuff and adds some aromatics to make it smell nicer.
This is what I do.

Though, I like the smell of the cleaning products, so i'm usually more inclined to buy pre made products.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5098 posts
3388 upvotes
marc_t wrote: Any good?

Also looking for something to clean grout!
Allthough the product is called "Tilex" ifyou read the product description it is not good for grout, as grout is "porous" if it is not epoxy grout

Product description:
One 946 mL spray bottle of Tilex Soap Scum Remover & Disinfectant1 Spray, Lemon
Dissolves soap scum, cleans and kills 99.9% of common household germs
Use on a variety of hard nonporous surfaces throughout your home
Smart Tube technology guarantees you will spray every drop
Cleans and disinfects quickly and effectively with a fresh lemon scent
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5098 posts
3388 upvotes
sirxterminator wrote: Cheaper just to use 2 tps of bleach diluted in 1 liter of water, will work just the same. That's probably what they do to make this stuff and adds some aromatics to make it smell nicer.
No bleach in this product, from the product description:

Tilex Soap Scum Remover & Disinfectant1 Spray, Lemon, dissolves soap scum, cleans and kills 99% of germs, while leaving behind a fresh lemon scent. This bleach free, bathroom spray cleaner kills Staphylococcus aureus (Staph), Salmonella enterica (Salmonella), and Pseudomonas aeruginosa (Pseudomonas). It is also non abrasive and safe for use on most bathroom surfaces, including bathtubs, shower doors, glazed ceramic tile, toilet exteriors and various fixtures. And with its Smart Tube technology you are guaranteed to spray every drop. Spray your way to a sparkling clean bathroom with Tilex.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5098 posts
3388 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote: I would avoid sitting bleach in the shower, it dries out the grout and the continuous water seepage can rot the beams underneath, creating mildew on the drywall the floor below. Scrub with baking soda and vinegar, work better, rinse immediately.
Using vinegar or any acid will "destroy" a fine coat of grout, making it look clean as it is another subcoat of grout that is exposed... It may be a good idea unless you don't do it every week. Afterdoing the vinegar-soda methid, you shoukd seal the grout with a good sealer

About water seepage that can rot the beams underneath... There is no way this can occure if your shower is well built... You have moisture resistant drywall, liquid membrane, membrane like Schluter branded ones https://www.schluter.ca/schluter-ca/en_ ... uage=en_CA .... And, for shower, it is best to use epoxy grout, IMHO
Last edited by DoorCrasher on Jul 27th, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 17, 2018
901 posts
1303 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote: I would avoid sitting bleach in the shower, it dries out the grout and the continuous water seepage can rot the beams underneath, creating mildew on the drywall the floor below. Scrub with baking soda and vinegar, work better, rinse immediately.
Wow, how often do you clean your bathroom? LMAO
Yes, I'd like to price match RedFlagDeals please - Ken Adams
$50 15GB Unlimited Talk and Text
$22.99 1GB Unlimited Talk/Text Canada Public Mobile
$0.00 a month (FREE using Google Opinion Rewards) Unlimited Talk/Text Fongo Mobile App
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
2261 posts
7354 upvotes
For anyone that bought this, is it scanning at $0.86 or do you have to get to to adjust the price at the register.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 7, 2005
3723 posts
4278 upvotes
somewhere in B.C.
hill15 wrote: For anyone that bought this, is it scanning at $0.86 or do you have to get to to adjust the price at the register.
Must get it price adjusted at a register
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 6, 2010
544 posts
120 upvotes
Vancouver
Great price. I don't use as often as in the past. I recycle the containers to fill with Mr. Clean to do other cleaning, etc. The sprayer is pretty good to reuse.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
12910 posts
6773 upvotes
Southern Ontario
DoorCrasher wrote: Using vinegar or any acid will "destroy" a fine coat of grout, making it look clean as it is another subcoat of grout that is exposed... It may be a good idea unless you don't do it every week. Afterdoing the vinegar-soda methid, you shoukd seal the grout with a good sealer
Yes, I have a sealer. I’ve also re-grouted in the past.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
12910 posts
6773 upvotes
Southern Ontario
KenAdams wrote: Wow, how often do you clean your bathroom? LMAO
Weekly but deep clean tile and grout 3-4x per year.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 6, 2010
544 posts
120 upvotes
Vancouver
AncasterRFD wrote: Yes, I have a sealer. I’ve also re-grouted in the past.
Is it easy to regrout or do you hire a contractor to do the work? My tiles are about 10 years old.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
12910 posts
6773 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Globedeal wrote: Is it easy to regrout or do you hire a contractor to do the work? My tiles are about 10 years old.
I would say it’s pretty easy, watch some YouTube vids. I’m not a tiler but I’ve flipped a home, can minor repair appliances, decks etc.
Member
Nov 1, 2006
408 posts
226 upvotes
I bought 6 from the Super Store pm homedepot. Just show them the website and voila.

Top