Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Tilex Soap Scum Remover & Disinfectant Spray, Lemon, 946 ml $0.86 in store (Price Error)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2019 5:11 pm
Mar 7, 2011
217 posts
291 upvotes
marc_t wrote:
Jul 26th, 2019 5:00 pm
Any good?

Also looking for something to clean grout!
Baking soda + white vinegar
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4109 posts
2393 upvotes
CanRulez wrote:
Jul 26th, 2019 6:50 pm
So if it's out of stock "online," does it mean we're SOL?

The HD stores won't price match the online price when it's out of stock, right? Or will they?
Well, how do you want them to price match and give it to you for $0.86 if they have no stock?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2436 posts
1330 upvotes
Langley
sirxterminator wrote:
Jul 27th, 2019 8:44 am
Cheaper just to use 2 tps of bleach diluted in 1 liter of water, will work just the same. That's probably what they do to make this stuff and adds some aromatics to make it smell nicer.
This is what I do.

Though, I like the smell of the cleaning products, so i'm usually more inclined to buy pre made products.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4109 posts
2393 upvotes
marc_t wrote:
Jul 26th, 2019 5:00 pm
Any good?

Also looking for something to clean grout!
Allthough the product is called "Tilex" ifyou read the product description it is not good for grout, as grout is "porous" if it is not epoxy grout

Product description:
One 946 mL spray bottle of Tilex Soap Scum Remover & Disinfectant1 Spray, Lemon
Dissolves soap scum, cleans and kills 99.9% of common household germs
Use on a variety of hard nonporous surfaces throughout your home
Smart Tube technology guarantees you will spray every drop
Cleans and disinfects quickly and effectively with a fresh lemon scent
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4109 posts
2393 upvotes
sirxterminator wrote:
Jul 27th, 2019 8:44 am
Cheaper just to use 2 tps of bleach diluted in 1 liter of water, will work just the same. That's probably what they do to make this stuff and adds some aromatics to make it smell nicer.
No bleach in this product, from the product description:

Tilex Soap Scum Remover & Disinfectant1 Spray, Lemon, dissolves soap scum, cleans and kills 99% of germs, while leaving behind a fresh lemon scent. This bleach free, bathroom spray cleaner kills Staphylococcus aureus (Staph), Salmonella enterica (Salmonella), and Pseudomonas aeruginosa (Pseudomonas). It is also non abrasive and safe for use on most bathroom surfaces, including bathtubs, shower doors, glazed ceramic tile, toilet exteriors and various fixtures. And with its Smart Tube technology you are guaranteed to spray every drop. Spray your way to a sparkling clean bathroom with Tilex.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4109 posts
2393 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote:
Jul 27th, 2019 12:17 pm
I would avoid sitting bleach in the shower, it dries out the grout and the continuous water seepage can rot the beams underneath, creating mildew on the drywall the floor below. Scrub with baking soda and vinegar, work better, rinse immediately.
Using vinegar or any acid will "destroy" a fine coat of grout, making it look clean as it is another subcoat of grout that is exposed... It may be a good idea unless you don't do it every week. Afterdoing the vinegar-soda methid, you shoukd seal the grout with a good sealer

About water seepage that can rot the beams underneath... There is no way this can occure if your shower is well built... You have moisture resistant drywall, liquid membrane, membrane like Schluter branded ones https://www.schluter.ca/schluter-ca/en_ ... uage=en_CA .... And, for shower, it is best to use epoxy grout, IMHO
Last edited by DoorCrasher on Jul 27th, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 17, 2018
493 posts
634 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote:
Jul 27th, 2019 12:17 pm
I would avoid sitting bleach in the shower, it dries out the grout and the continuous water seepage can rot the beams underneath, creating mildew on the drywall the floor below. Scrub with baking soda and vinegar, work better, rinse immediately.
Wow, how often do you clean your bathroom? LMAO
Yes, I'd like to price match RedFlagDeals please - Ken Adams
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
1321 posts
2671 upvotes
For anyone that bought this, is it scanning at $0.86 or do you have to get to to adjust the price at the register.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3173 posts
2398 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
hill15 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2019 2:05 pm
For anyone that bought this, is it scanning at $0.86 or do you have to get to to adjust the price at the register.
Must get it price adjusted at a register
shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Feb 6, 2010
515 posts
107 upvotes
Vancouver
Great price. I don't use as often as in the past. I recycle the containers to fill with Mr. Clean to do other cleaning, etc. The sprayer is pretty good to reuse.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11841 posts
5921 upvotes
Southern Ontario
DoorCrasher wrote:
Jul 27th, 2019 12:53 pm
Using vinegar or any acid will "destroy" a fine coat of grout, making it look clean as it is another subcoat of grout that is exposed... It may be a good idea unless you don't do it every week. Afterdoing the vinegar-soda methid, you shoukd seal the grout with a good sealer
Yes, I have a sealer. I’ve also re-grouted in the past.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11841 posts
5921 upvotes
Southern Ontario
KenAdams wrote:
Jul 27th, 2019 12:54 pm
Wow, how often do you clean your bathroom? LMAO
Weekly but deep clean tile and grout 3-4x per year.
Feb 6, 2010
515 posts
107 upvotes
Vancouver
AncasterRFD wrote:
Jul 27th, 2019 2:37 pm
Yes, I have a sealer. I’ve also re-grouted in the past.
Is it easy to regrout or do you hire a contractor to do the work? My tiles are about 10 years old.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11841 posts
5921 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Globedeal wrote:
Jul 27th, 2019 2:41 pm
Is it easy to regrout or do you hire a contractor to do the work? My tiles are about 10 years old.
I would say it’s pretty easy, watch some YouTube vids. I’m not a tiler but I’ve flipped a home, can minor repair appliances, decks etc.
Nov 1, 2006
386 posts
209 upvotes
I bought 6 from the Super Store pm homedepot. Just show them the website and voila.