Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Tilex Soap Scum Remover & Disinfectant Spray, Lemon, 946 ml $0.86 in store (Price Error)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2019 5:11 pm
Oct 12, 2016
716 posts
196 upvotes
Got 6 .cashier was not happy though so i showed him website n asked to contact manager n finally manager said one time only so got .86 each of total 6.what a BS.
Anyways thanks OP.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11840 posts
5921 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Zen wrote:
Jul 28th, 2019 12:25 am
What happened if you don't dilute the bleach?
Grout dries out, becomes porous, water goes under the tiles, eventually past the barrier into the beams etc. I saw mold on my neighbour’s garage ceiling. I said your shower above that? Yep. Use bleach? Yep. Needs to re-grout and seal. Redo the ceiling drywall.
Feb 16, 2003
451 posts
47 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote:
Jul 28th, 2019 3:12 pm
Grout dries out, becomes porous, water goes under the tiles, eventually past the barrier into the beams etc. I saw mold on my neighbour’s garage ceiling. I said your shower above that? Yep. Use bleach? Yep. Needs to re-grout and seal. Redo the ceiling drywall.
Thanks for the info, always wondered and couldn't find an answer by searching online.
WTB:
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
1658 posts
1933 upvotes
Toronto
Some of these “managers” think they own the store. At the newmarket location had 8. I grabbed them all.

She comes out and be like its an online price only so she cant give me that price. Started to walk away. Then i am like look. U cant order online, website is .ca. Shows newmarket is in stock. She took my phone click and look around. And then finally say do a markdown and walked off all pissed off. I didn't even bring up SCOP.

Manager sets a great example for customer service.

Guess whos gonna fill in the receipt survey.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2296 posts
389 upvotes
sonyminidiscman wrote:
Jul 28th, 2019 3:29 pm
Some of these “managers” think they own the store. At the newmarket location had 8. I grabbed them all.

She comes out and be like its an online price only so she cant give me that price. Started to walk away. Then i am like look. U cant order online, website is .ca. Shows newmarket is in stock. She took my phone click and look around. And then finally say do a markdown and walked off all pissed off. I didn't even bring up SCOP.

Manager sets a great example for customer service.

Guess whos gonna fill in the receipt survey.
SCOP only applies to display price lower then scanned price. So in this case, it doesn’t apply.
King of the farm
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4075 posts
2373 upvotes
Thanks OP bought 5. Cashier had to adjust price, without any verification...
Dec 5, 2004
279 posts
174 upvotes
typhooney wrote:
Jul 27th, 2019 10:08 pm
Do you find this stuff is effective on the pink layer of skin eh stuff left behind by stagnant water?

Otherwise, do you have advice to get rid of it
Anything pink or light red is the iron residue from the water.
May 4, 2003
63 posts
13 upvotes
Thanks OP. Bought 5 in Windsor. Cashier price matched the website in less than 20 seconds. No issues.
Mar 19, 2016
154 posts
66 upvotes
canada
Thanks op. Got 6. Cashier was surprised but looked at the site and gave it to me. Edmonton Skyview has maybe 1 left.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4075 posts
2373 upvotes
ttiger wrote:
Jul 28th, 2019 4:25 pm
Anything pink or light red is the iron residue from the water.
Not true. Pink residue is a kind of bacteria that lives in the water. When chlorine evaporates from water, this kind of bacteria can appear

Launch a Google search with "pink residue in water" or 'Serratia marcescens bacteria"
Last edited by DoorCrasher on Jul 28th, 2019 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4075 posts
2373 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote:
Jul 28th, 2019 3:12 pm
As I said in an earlier post, water should not go through the walls / through the floor if the shower / bathroom have been well built, respecting construction code. Unless it is a very old house, never had renos, and bleach been poured on the tiles grout every week for many many years, and that underneat the tiles there was nothing to seal the walls/floor like a membrane
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
1947 posts
145 upvotes
SW Ontario
PeMiL wrote:
Jul 28th, 2019 4:28 pm
Thanks OP. Bought 5 in Windsor. Cashier price matched the website in less than 20 seconds. No issues.
which location? anything left?
Nov 7, 2018
32 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa
Orleans, Ottawa is now sold out.

Had seven, purchased all of them. The clerk looked at my phone and double check and then PM.
Images
  • 20190728_191308.jpg
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
1658 posts
1933 upvotes
Toronto
Rooster wrote:
Jul 28th, 2019 3:55 pm
SCOP only applies to display price lower then scanned price. So in this case, it doesn’t apply.
SCOP 1.1 (literally) https://www.retailcouncil.org/scanner-p ... racy-code/

1.1 On a claim being presented by the customer, where the scanned price of a product at checkout is higher than the price displayed in the store or than advertised by the store, the lower price will be honoured; and

(a) if the correct price of the product is $10 or less, the retailer will give the product to the customer free of charge; or
(b) if the correct price of the product is higher than $10, the retailer will give the customer a discount of $10 off the correct price.

store being "The Home Depot". i bought 7 of the soap scum remover and 1 daily fresh shower cleaner. so I could have argued for 2x $0.86, but I wasn't about to make that lady blow a gasket over 2 bucks
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
8530 posts
2288 upvotes
sonyminidiscman wrote:
Jul 28th, 2019 11:05 pm
SCOP 1.1 (literally) https://www.retailcouncil.org/scanner-p ... racy-code/

1.1 On a claim being presented by the customer, where the scanned price of a product at checkout is higher than the price displayed in the store or than advertised by the store, the lower price will be honoured; and

(a) if the correct price of the product is $10 or less, the retailer will give the product to the customer free of charge; or
(b) if the correct price of the product is higher than $10, the retailer will give the customer a discount of $10 off the correct price.

store being "The Home Depot". i bought 7 of the soap scum remover and 1 daily fresh shower cleaner. so I could have argued for 2x $0.86, but I wasn't about to make that lady blow a gasket over 2 bucks
In this case it wasn't higher than the price displayed in the store or than advertised by the store,
So SCOP doesn't apply.