• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2020 11:07 pm
Tags:
None
8 replies
Jan 18, 2005
385 posts
68 upvotes
I was just about to call them up to find out the cost of renting a sander.
Thanks for taking the time to post this!
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
34833 posts
8793 upvotes
Ottawa
I think there is variance in what they rent. The location chooses what it rents for whatever is demand in the area.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4087 posts
3325 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote: I think there is variance in what they rent. The location chooses what it rents for whatever is demand in the area.
That's true. Every location might be slightly different. From Homedepot.ca's rental page at http://www.homedepot.ca/content/tool-rental/:

"Tools may vary by location. All rentals are competitively priced and may vary by market or store."

While the above scans are good for a general idea, you shouldn't be surprised if your local Home Depot has different same rate. Good to call up a couple in your area to see if there's one that's cheaper if it's not too far.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
3873 posts
1194 upvotes
WFH
Thanks for the update. It's always useful to have as general reference but as others point out prices and availability vary. As usual, it's also always worth shopping around. I rented an aluminum brake from a smaller local chain for the entire weekend recently for little more than HD wanted to charge for 4 hours.
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
136 posts
71 upvotes
How much to rent excavator for week? They say $1000 so is that 40 hrs? How about weekend?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
8245 posts
4088 upvotes
Paris
Carcross wrote: How much to rent excavator for week? They say $1000 so is that 40 hrs? How about weekend?
This thread is 13 years old. I am assuming prices are out of date.

Renting a mini-ex or skidsteer you may pay by the day but really you are paying for 1 day which usually works out to 8 hours. So if you use it for 10 hours you will pay extra. There is also transportation to/from you. Before you sign for a “day rental” if there is an hour meter make sure it’s not 5 or 6 hours and then overages.

Your location would help for us to be able to recommend somewhere.
For sale: Ego 56V 5aH batteries, BNIB
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ego-law ... h-2294293/