Toro 721E snowblower (GTA)~ PM at Home Depot for $764

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2022 11:59 am
[OP]
Mar 28, 2017
59 posts
37 upvotes

[Home Depot] Toro 721E snowblower (GTA)~ PM at Home Depot for $764

Was able to PM this retailer in Kitchener at Home Depot on the Toro 721E for $764. MSRP $990

This unit was promoted for cheaper previous year. So warm deal if you need it now

PM retailer
https://zdenocycle.ca/shop/lawn-garden/ ... wer-38753/

HD link
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/toro-2 ... 1001353091
Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 20th, 2022 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer field was empty
109 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2183 posts
571 upvotes
FYI for those not in the GTA, if you price match online with HD they'll normally approve it. Just get the chat to approve it, then order it for pickup at your local store.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Jul 24, 2005
369 posts
486 upvotes
GTA
Everyone that had a single stage unit in my neighbourhood struggled to clean up after the dumping the GTA got this week.
In contrast a run of the mill nothing special 2 stage was cleaning with relative ease.

I know property size, storage etc are all considerations to make. I'm just providing a first hand point of reference / data point for others to consider.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2007
1896 posts
1354 upvotes
Etobicoke
2kaccordcoupe wrote: Everyone that had a single stage unit in my neighbourhood struggled to clean up after the dumping the GTA got this week.
In contrast a run of the mill nothing special 2 stage was cleaning with relative ease.

I know property size, storage etc are all considerations to make. I'm just providing a first hand point of reference / data point for others to consider.
I was able to plow through mine and a few of my neighbors driveways no problem with a Toro 221QE blower. It was my 1st time using it since Xmas Eve 4 or 5 years ago to boot.
Last edited by NoFrillBill on Jan 20th, 2022 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1214 posts
434 upvotes
2kaccordcoupe wrote: Everyone that had a single stage unit in my neighbourhood struggled to clean up after the dumping the GTA got this week.

for the one in 25 year record snowfall? sure. for those in GTA like myself a single stage is usually much quicker and easier than a two stage.
"A festivus for the rest of us"

Items for Sale:
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2004
3127 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto

It depends on the model of the single stage that you have. The small ones will definitely struggle.

No issues with the storm with a Toro 721, Honda HS720 and Honda HS621

I had 2 stage blowers before; for typical GTA weather, single stage is better for both storage and speed in which you can operate the machine at. You are limited to the speed on how fast a 2 stage would move while you can go much quicker on more typical snowfall with a quality single stage.
Jan 26, 2011
460 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
I have this model and like all my previous single stage Toro blowers never had a problem with clearing snow.Thats why I pay the big bucks for Toro.Plus resale is great.Alot of us do not the the space or strength to use the 2 stage blowers.Just my thoughts.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8801 posts
3557 upvotes
Toronto
I have the same blower, and 2 batteries. No issues apart from the height of the snow, but that was just slow going, snow blower had no issues otherwise.

In TO.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7159 posts
3625 upvotes
West GTEH!

My Toro 721R Single Stage SB cleared all the Snow from the Blizzard on my 4 car Driveway and Sidewalk and the Windrow left by the City Plow.
I live in GTA West.

Not sure why your Neighbors were struggling.
😎
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3555 posts
3109 upvotes
GTA

I have this exact model (721E) and it handled the snow without issue. Even the mountain at the end of the driveway the following day.

In fact, my neighbour was so impressed he went and bought one of his own today!
Deal Addict
May 15, 2009
2755 posts
2459 upvotes
North York
ppatel14 wrote: Deal dead? Shows 849 now.
Did you read the title and the post?

You have to price match with HD.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1851 posts
1091 upvotes

My neighbours that had single stage Toro's had no issues with this storm. Including the widow. 6 neighbours have them. 3-4 of them also helped out her neighbours.

Not sure what happened on your street.
Feb 6, 2007
455 posts
288 upvotes
Great snowblower and easy to find parts. I change my oil and spark plug at the beginning of every winter season and only use shell nitro (zero ethanol) - it starts up after three pushes of the prime button everytime.

Have only ever had to use the electric start once when we didn’t have a garage and it was -20 out. And it’s just small enough to be portable enough to throw in the back of my suv to help my parents on the really bad snowfalls (they have a small electric snowjoe).

Treat it well and it should last a while
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
1424 posts
697 upvotes
T Dot
squeeks786 wrote: Great snowblower and easy to find parts. I change my oil and spark plug at the beginning of every winter season and only use shell nitro (zero ethanol) - it starts up after three pushes of the prime button everytime.

Have only ever had to use the electric start once when we didn’t have a garage and it was -20 out. And it’s just small enough to be portable enough to throw in the back of my suv to help my parents on the really bad snowfalls (they have a small electric snowjoe).

Treat it well and it should last a while
Do you use your snowblower frequently? I have only used mine once last year and once this year so far....I feel like changing the spark plugs yearly seems a bit of overkill?
Jul 17, 2012
34 posts
MARKHAM
Ya single stage seems more portable and def much better in terms of weight. For a snowfall like this year, there's a struggle but in most cases, it does the job. Single stage fits most needs in terms of storage and weight.
Feb 6, 2007
455 posts
288 upvotes
zanewn wrote: Do you use your snowblower frequently? I have only used mine once last year and once this year so far....I feel like changing the spark plugs yearly seems a bit of overkill?
You prob don’t have to but for $5 bucks it makes it easy for me to start it. I bought a bunch of the plugs and keep them handy since they also work for my lawnmower. Last year was definitely less than usual given the mild winter. It’s fairly easy to take the spark plug out and check. Here is a pic from one solid winter of use - these engine go through a ton of abuse.

Right is old after one season, left is a brand new ngk plug
Images
  • C9CE4F19-2FEE-445D-9588-3600AE023AC8.jpeg
Nov 23, 2004
949 posts
278 upvotes
Hands down, my Toro 721 QZE single stage snowblower was the best performer on my street. It handled everything with ease.

Downside: neighbors kept coming over to ask what model it was; having to do others' driveways because it looked so easy; and feeling obligated to do all the sidewalks. Lol

I'm so glad I sold my 2-stage for this a couple of years ago. Do not hesitate to get a Toro single stage.
Apr 7, 2012
50 posts
19 upvotes
Highly recommend this snowblower. It’s been my go to and it had no issues pushing through the dump we had on Monday. Albeit a little pushing force is required. Toro single stage blowers are super solid and powerful enough for most jobs.