Toro 721E snowblower (GTA)~ PM at Home Depot for $764

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2022 11:59 am
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2011
1230 posts
601 upvotes
The 6ix
2kaccordcoupe wrote: Everyone that had a single stage unit in my neighbourhood struggled to clean up after the dumping the GTA got this week.
In contrast a run of the mill nothing special 2 stage was cleaning with relative ease.

I know property size, storage etc are all considerations to make. I'm just providing a first hand point of reference / data point for others to consider.
My 721e had no issue at all.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2011
1230 posts
601 upvotes
The 6ix
Best investment ever. I do not regret buying this... I only regret not buying it sooner.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1351 posts
930 upvotes
I have the 821qze (same as 721 one, but with a 252cc instead of a 212cc.) I'm not aware of any other differences.

I'm on my 3rd winter with it, I live in the snow belt and it's such a little beast. It's nice that I can load it in the back of a hatchback in the spring and drop it at my parents for summer storage too :)

I've had neighbours ask me about it often when they see what it can do. The only downside is if the snow gets taller than it, the self propelling feature needs some push to get it going. I had to put some effort into this week's snowfall (at the end of the driveway) but otherwise it was fine.

I use electric start every time.
Aug 21, 2005
422 posts
347 upvotes
North York, ON
KiraSensei wrote: Did you read the title and the post?

You have to price match with HD.
How do you PM with a store that's selling it for $849 and get it for $764?
May 20, 2003
593 posts
381 upvotes
Toronto
The snow was light. If we got 2 feet of heavy snow, single stage stage would probably be a challenge but I was able to use my single stage just fine.
[OP]
Mar 28, 2017
59 posts
37 upvotes
smd wrote: How do you PM with a store that's selling it for $849 and get it for $764?
Home depot policy is match competitor then give 10% off of the discounted price.
Nov 28, 2012
26 posts
107 upvotes
2kaccordcoupe wrote: Everyone that had a single stage unit in my neighbourhood struggled to clean up after the dumping the GTA got this week.
In contrast a run of the mill nothing special 2 stage was cleaning with relative ease.

I know property size, storage etc are all considerations to make. I'm just providing a first hand point of reference / data point for others to consider.
I have the same Toro 721 and had no issues cleaning my driveway. Infact I was able to clean 4 driveways without any issues. It really depends on the make and model of your snowblower how well it cleans.
Jun 4, 2021
12 posts
9 upvotes

I have the Toro 60v E21 power clear. I live in the GTA and didn't have any issues clearing the snow, which was surprising. I just bought it in November and was wondering how it would do in heavy snow fall. Happy with my purchase.
May 17, 2009
403 posts
47 upvotes
Thanks OP! I purchased it at full price ($990+ Tax) a couple of weeks ago. Just called and had the difference credited back.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1993 posts
526 upvotes
Toronto

I’m in a similar boat. Although no neighbour’s had a single stage, my dual stage cruised through the snow and I also fell into the trap of doing some neighboring driveways. I like the peace of mind that comes with not wondering if my snow blower will be up to the task and yes it takes a bit more space..
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
1059 posts
214 upvotes
For those who have previously purchased, anyone done so on the off season and what type of clearance pricing would one expect? My electric snowblower did the job during the Toronto Blizzard, but the blades are pretty worn out and have broken off from the many seasons we've used it and maybe it's time for a true upgrade!
Sep 7, 2014
915 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
MaxMartin wrote: damn, these things aint cheap!
True. But they are built like a tank. I abuse mine and still going strong.
Jul 26, 2008
762 posts
902 upvotes
Montreal
squeeks786 wrote: You prob don’t have to but for $5 bucks it makes it easy for me to start it. I bought a bunch of the plugs and keep them handy since they also work for my lawnmower. Last year was definitely less than usual given the mild winter. It’s fairly easy to take the spark plug out and check. Here is a pic from one solid winter of use - these engine go through a ton of abuse.

Right is old after one season, left is a brand new ngk plug
FYI, that old spark plug indicates something wrong / off with your engine. It should not look like that after only one season. Looks like it's heavily coated in carbon and oil , carb is too rich or oil is getting in the combustion chamber. ( I would pull out the new one you put after if it got a few hours of runtime and look at it again. and check your oil level more often perhaps. )

For reference i just pulled the plug on my 721RC it must at least 6 years , notice that its dry and not covered in a wet oil gum.

vs your plug

Last edited by naimc on Jan 20th, 2022 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
4945 posts
4519 upvotes
GTA
bizzyseller wrote: My neighbours that had single stage Toro's had no issues with this storm. Including the widow. 6 neighbours have them. 3-4 of them also helped out her neighbours.

Not sure what happened on your street.
And you watched poor widow clearing her own driveway alone? What a guy!
Feb 24, 2019
57 posts
45 upvotes
vr_nguyen wrote: Best investment ever. I do not regret buying this... I only regret not buying it sooner.
Not for me. Not much use for one in Vancouver. Hard to sell it too.

And they said it was gonna snow lots.
Nov 7, 2005
687 posts
439 upvotes
Winnipeg
I've had a 721r-c for 5 years. Dumping my 2 stage for this was the best thing ever! I was always just as tired using the 2 stage as if I had shoveled! My friend had a 621 and bugged me for 2 years before I caved, because I couldn't believe it could do the job. Not only Can it do the job, but if I'm not home yet, it's light enough for my wife to use if she needs to get out!
May 28, 2004
819 posts
125 upvotes
Milton
I love this snow blower. I treat it like shit and it still works hard. I love that my wife has no issue and enjoys using it too. A two stage she would hate the weight of.

It wouldn’t start this season and my wife was asking me where I was going to get it repaired. I’m like I’m going to throw fresh gas in it. Wouldn’t I feel stupid taking it for repair when it was just out of gas.

It was just out of gas.
Mar 18, 2008
614 posts
771 upvotes
Toronto
N8Magic wrote: I have this exact model (721E) and it handled the snow without issue. Even the mountain at the end of the driveway the following day.

In fact, my neighbour was so impressed he went and bought one of his own today!
I have this model too and I plowed 5 houses that day.

Toros are strong durable machines, quality.