Hot Deals

[Home Depot] TOTO Entrada Elongated 2pc Toilet 1.28GPF $270

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2020 10:01 am
Feb 29, 2016
31 posts
8 upvotes
Dave510 wrote: It's a Toto. Between the brand name and how anal (haha) Japanese are about making a quality product, this thing is a steal. Kohler isn't even in the same ballpark; sorry you paid for a Kohler.
Not sure how much better Toto is than Kohler but plumber thinks so, however my 6 Kohler Rialto one piece toilets are still going strong after 20 years with only a few flaps changed on a couple of them. Probably don’t make them like they use too.
Aug 8, 2008
402 posts
93 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm no expert in toilets but even at regular price this toilet seems to be much cheaper than the Toto Ultramax, Carlyle, etc. series that people usually get for a "Toto". It almost seems like a budget, low grade toilet that just carries the Toto name. Personally have 2 Ultramaxes with Sanagloss and no issues.
Sep 26, 2010
826 posts
128 upvotes
najibs wrote: So that's all I need to do for a toilet in a basement that doesn't work well? I moved into my house abotu 3 year ago and the toilet in the basement only gets used for #1's because it's not really powerful enough for #2's. So, we hardly use the basement bathroom. It's a house form the 70's. Will buying this toilet fix that issue or is it a plumbing problem? I've tried drano and all that stuff and nothing has made it better.
Friend with 50’s house had same issue. Tried chemical solutions, plungers, nothing worked. And he’s a contractor btw so he knows how to roll. So eventually he removed the toilet entirely and snaked the drain. Pulled out plastic wrappers, grocery bags, and diapers!!! All works fine now.

Apparently those chemical solutions cannot dissolve plastics, which is kind of obvious I guess because drain pipes can be plastic.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
4376 posts
954 upvotes
randombuyer wrote: I'm no expert in toilets but even at regular price this toilet seems to be much cheaper than the Toto Ultramax, Carlyle, etc. series that people usually get for a "Toto". It almost seems like a budget, low grade toilet that just carries the Toto name. Personally have 2 Ultramaxes with Sanagloss and no issues.
Worst toilets I've ever come across were Toto Augustus models put in by the builder. Had an awful, full front flush that sprayed water outside of the perimeter and didn't wash the bowl. We replaced them within the first year of moving in.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Mar 7, 2004
383 posts
61 upvotes
ontario
I can vouch for the flushing action of Toto toilets. We put in 2 Toto Carlyle toilets almost 15 years ago in our current house and before that a Toto Ultimate(?) in our previous house. All have performed superbly as clogs have been virtually non-existent. (I think the last time was when my youngest was just a young child and tried to put through most of a roll of toilet paper. When we installed our first Toto in our previous house, very few toilets from other manufacturers could compare with the Totos for flushing effectiveness. As it was explained to us, Totos flushed better because they had bigger, glazed trapways. When we redid the bathrooms in our current house, we opted for the Carlyles for two of the bathrooms and chose a lesser known brand (Caroma) for the third. At that time, we learned that newer models from other manufacturers had come on the market that could compete with the Totos. We found that to be the case as the Caroma flushes just as well.

If I were looking for a new toilet today, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Toto but would be open to other possibilities as well. I would forego the Sanagloss finish though as our experience was that the bowl didn't stay any cleaner with it than without and therefore not worth the money. We did have to replace the flush handle on one of the Carlyles several years ago.

With respect to the debate on whether a Toto makes for a better toilet in the basement, my (limited) understanding is that while it may be good at clearing the bowl, it can't do anything about the low slope of the drain line. A higher volume tank may be more important for ensuring that waste makes its way through to the main sewage line.
could have = could've ≠ could of
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
32358 posts
6243 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Blubbs wrote: More expensive if you don't live near Richmond Hill or just want it shipped. That site quoted me $100 for shipping. Home Depot is free.
I look at it this way.

Home Depot's price is 240$, they just charge 30$ to ship it
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
1796 posts
183 upvotes
najibs wrote: So that's all I need to do for a toilet in a basement that doesn't work well? I moved into my house abotu 3 year ago and the toilet in the basement only gets used for #1's because it's not really powerful enough for #2's. So, we hardly use the basement bathroom. It's a house form the 70's. Will buying this toilet fix that issue or is it a plumbing problem? I've tried drano and all that stuff and nothing has made it better.
The first thing that you have to check is the water level in the tank then if this is ok just clean your drain and then if all this doesn't help replace your toilet
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
1796 posts
183 upvotes
Blubbs wrote: No, your point is that gravity is 1g. My point is, go do some high school force diagrams to see how gravity affects acceleration and velocity in a freefall vs on a grade of 1/8" per foot.

I can't believe I'm debating poo physics on RFD.

It flushes better than most toilets with more ability to clear mass in independent testing, therefore it will be pushing things down the pipes better. This isn't rocket science. It's poo science.
Seems that you don't know munch about the plumbing drains slopes, there are there for a reason and at least that you have a wall hang toilet your drain has the same slope at the beginning no mater the floor where installed, for the basements could be also a back water valve that can be a problem or even the drain that doesn't have the right slope. More slope on drains it's not good at all
Ok so all this new toilets with less water flush become a problem because the plumbing was done for toilets with more water flush capacity and also with bathtubs on the same drain, now you have the same weight that you want to flush with less water so for sure it will clog more than before. Now people are removing bathtub to put showers so just imagine when you use the shower you have a little water going slowly in the drain instead of heaving a full bathtub draining with a big amount of water that will clean all your drain.
So with this new toilets the less expensive solution is to flush a few times instead of just once when you are done
Yeah i know that they are supposed to save water but you have the choice, save the water or spend on a plumber
Penalty Box
Dec 28, 2004
803 posts
93 upvotes
Montreal
American Standard Cadet 3 are often at 158$ at home depot and comes with soft close seat. As good as the most expansive TOTOs ... i've installed over 100 toilets in my life. My parents have a TOTO, they are overpriced. IF you like the TOTO brand or the looks of it, sure, it's a good toilet and makes sense under 300$
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
2782 posts
1798 upvotes
Toronto
Blubbs wrote: No, your point is that gravity is 1g. My point is, go do some high school force diagrams to see how gravity affects acceleration and velocity in a freefall vs on a grade of 1/8" per foot.

I can't believe I'm debating poo physics on RFD.

It flushes better than most toilets with more ability to clear mass in independent testing, therefore it will be pushing things down the pipes better. This isn't rocket science. It's poo science.
I'm pretty sure code is 1/4" per foot, not 1/8". I could be wrong, but 1/4" per foot is all I've ever seen.
Dec 13, 2005
391 posts
53 upvotes
Mono, Ontario
Has anyone priced matched Lowes or anywhere else on this?