Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Turbo Power Windshield Washer, 3.78 L -40, $1.79 with PM (Quebec) Oct. 17-23

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2019 7:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
3345 posts
17834 upvotes

[Home Depot] Turbo Power Windshield Washer, 3.78 L -40, $1.79 with PM (Quebec) Oct. 17-23

Rona and Reno Depot in Quebec has on sale, Turbo Power Winter Windshield Washer Fluid - 3.78 Litres for $1.99 starting October 17-23.


You can price match at HD for a extra 10% off. I did notice the model numbers were different. Rona is #15-204H39, HD is # 15-204H52.
It shouldn't be a issue unless you try to PM over the phone or via chat.

Just bring it up on the flyer and you should be successful PM in store. https://www.rona.ca/en/flyer
Last edited by hill15 on Oct 16th, 2019 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Member
Apr 18, 2019
244 posts
550 upvotes
Montreal
hill15 wrote: Rona and Reno Depot in Quebec has on sale, Turbo Power Winter Windshield Washer Fluid - 3.78 Litres for $1.99 starting October 17-23.


You can price match at HD for a extra 10% off. I did notice the model numbers were different. Rona is #15-204H39, HD is # 15-204H52.
It shouldn't be a issue unless you try to PM over the phone or via chat.

Just bring it up on the flyer and you should be successful PM in store. https://www.rona.ca/en/flyer
I have stated this before, suppliers and manufacturers deliberately change the model number so PMing is refused on this technicality. I'm not saying they will refuse but they have reason to.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
3345 posts
17834 upvotes
Leshaundon wrote: I have stated this before, suppliers and manufacturers deliberately change the model number so PMing is refused on this technicality. I'm not saying they will refuse but they have reason to.
Yes, I do agree with you. If you show them the printed flyer, or flyer on your phone it doesn't mention model # at all. Unless you get a employee who goes through all the trouble to look it up, you should be fine.

Others have been successful in the past PM online even with different model numbers.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6515 posts
2983 upvotes
Leshaundon wrote: I have stated this before, suppliers and manufacturers deliberately change the model number so PMing is refused on this technicality. I'm not saying they will refuse but they have reason to.
That's the same trick appliance mfrs do to assist stores like "The Brick" in avoiding price matching.

Like a true RFD'er I buy off season - I have 4 cases of washer fluid - Walmart cleared it out for $1 a bottle.
Member
Apr 18, 2019
244 posts
550 upvotes
Montreal
plymouthhater wrote: That's the same trick appliance mfrs do to assist stores like "The Brick" in avoiding price matching.

Like a true RFD'er I buy off season - I have 4 cases of washer fluid - Walmart cleared it out for $1 a bottle.
I remember that post over the summer, those weren't -40 rated, right?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6515 posts
2983 upvotes
Leshaundon wrote: I remember that post over the summer, those weren't -40 rated, right?
It was -35C which for much of a GTA winter is OK.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
2624 posts
2601 upvotes
Montreal
Leshaundon wrote: I remember that post over the summer, those weren't -40 rated, right?
Before I used RainX (yeah yeah), I was using this exact fluid and I would say below -15C, its really bad. It was freezing really quick on the windshield as if the alchool was evaporated during the transit between the sprinkler and the windshield
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
3502 posts
1609 upvotes
Canada
I got 5 of these jugs for $4 ($1.25 each) last year at Home Depot through a PM. I'm in Winnipeg and they PM'd a Reno Depot store in Quebec.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
1441 posts
843 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
hill15 wrote: Rona and Reno Depot in Quebec has on sale, Turbo Power Winter Windshield Washer Fluid - 3.78 Litres for $1.99 starting October 17-23.


You can price match at HD for a extra 10% off. I did notice the model numbers were different. Rona is #15-204H39, HD is # 15-204H52.
It shouldn't be a issue unless you try to PM over the phone or via chat.

Just bring it up on the flyer and you should be successful PM in store. https://www.rona.ca/en/flyer
Mentioned this in the other thread - Rona receives pallets @ 39 cases whereas Home Depot receives pallets @ 52 cases. Each individual bottle label has the 15-204 Recochem part number in the bottom corner and any employee there would only allow you to price match a handful of cases anyway so skid quantities aren’t a concern. Shouldn’t be an issue.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5734 posts
4065 upvotes
plymouthhater wrote: That's the same trick appliance mfrs do to assist stores like "The Brick" in avoiding price matching.

Like a true RFD'er I buy off season - I have 4 cases of washer fluid - Walmart cleared it out for $1 a bottle.
A true and safe RFD'er does not stock up that much unless he is sure too use it within a reasonnable time. Alcohol in this product can evaporate through the plastic bottle, making it useless after a long shelf period. Imagine filling your windshield washer bowl with bad product
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
1441 posts
843 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
DoorCrasher wrote: A true and safe RFD'er does not stock up that much unless he is sure too use it within a reasonnable time. Alcohol in this product can evaporate through the plastic bottle, making it useless after a long shelf period. Imagine filling your windshield washer bowl with bad product
If the jug remains sealed and out of direct sunlight it should easily last until opened and poured.

Top