• Last Updated:
  • Apr 19th, 2019 8:33 pm
[OP]
Feb 11, 2018
973 posts
850 upvotes

[Home Depot] USA Champion generator 240V inverter (Hybrid) for US$700

On sale for US$700 instead of US$834.

This is a brand new gen from Champion and the first 240V inverter from this company. Not yet available for sale in Canada. It will be noisier than a quiet inverter but a Honda inverter with 240V will cost you $5,000+. All in all it represents an amazing value and an even better deal at this price. Order on-line and cross the border to pick it up at the store.

You can see it here.
The intelligible world proceeds out of the divine mind.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2349 posts
1396 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
I am in the market for a Generac type of gas generator to connect to my electrical panel. Unfortunately, I am looking at a minimum $10k price tag including installation (costs more than the generator itself). While the one in the OP may not be a Generac type, it might do. Can anyone comment if they have experience with this brand since there are no reviews on this model being so new. TIA.
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
2946 posts
915 upvotes
Ottawa
Man I really wish it was dual fuel.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
2946 posts
915 upvotes
Ottawa
TomLafinsky wrote: If it were dual fuel it means you would lose 10% when using propane. So instead of 6250W/5000W it would be 5625W/4500W. Though I love propane gen as it burns so much cleaner. The spark plug looks like brand new after hours of usage and it smells a lot better than when burning gasoline.
I'm ok w that, just 240v inverter, and duel fuel at a similar price or slightly more.
May 24, 2017
449 posts
322 upvotes
GTA
StealthFinder wrote: I am in the market for a Generac type of gas generator to connect to my electrical panel. Unfortunately, I am looking at a minimum $10k price tag including installation (costs more than the generator itself). While the one in the OP may not be a Generac type, it might do. Can anyone comment if they have experience with this brand since there are no reviews on this model being so new. TIA.
Hey.... Save yourself $10k!! Unless you need a fully automatic system that turns on by itself, there are much cheaper alternatives to power your whole house. Our local utility has very reliable power, but I still have a generator to run fridge and small appliances. If you want to spend about $2k and get a whole home solution, try hydro meter hook up.
Obviously you will need a powerful enough generator. Check with your local utility and get a qualified electrician to install.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/GenerLink-3 ... /301961623