Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

(Warm) MAKITA 18V 4.0 Ah LXT Brushless Drill Driver & Impact Driver Combo Kit $299 (reg. $359)

[OP]
May 22, 2017
40 posts
35 upvotes

[Home Depot] (Warm) MAKITA 18V 4.0 Ah LXT Brushless Drill Driver & Impact Driver Combo Kit $299 (reg. $359)

I think this the lowest price I've seen for a Makita brushless combo kit that's not compact size. Makita tools don't go on sale very often, and this is not a bad deal considering it comes with 2x 4.0Ah batteries.

INCLUDES:
  • DDF485Z 1/2" Cordless Drill / Driver with Brushless Motor (440 IN LBS)
  • DTD153Z 1/4" Cordless Impact Driver with Brushless Motor (1500 IN LBS)
  • Two 18 V (4.0 Ah) Li-Ion Batteries BL1840B (196401-9
  • Charger (DC18SD)
  • Tool Bag

Out of stock online but most stores have a few in stock.
Thread Summary
Looking to pick up some tools? Check out RFD reviews' list of the best cordless drills for DIY and construction projects!
3 replies
Feb 19, 2020
5 posts
14 upvotes
Seems like a great deal with the bare tool if you need one of them anyway. The drill isn't the most powerful and doesn't have hammer function, but should be enough for majority of jobs.
Aug 7, 2018
66 posts
35 upvotes
I have never regretted buying my Makita Drill and impact driver, even though it was more expensive. I have a Dewalt 20v and an 18.5v makita, the Makita 3 years older. I have replaced the batteries for the Dewalt once, after dealing with weak batteries for a long time - Makita still stays powered much longer with the old batteries than the new Dewalt batteries. Power vs. power, the Makita is much stronger and lighter. The Dewalt sometimes struggles with a tough job, the Makita - never. Both are hammer drills. I don't know what the percussive speed is, but the Makita is audibly faster and stronger. Its almost as good as my Bosch hammer drill. I tried, but never use the Dewalt for this purpose.
My go to is always the Makita. The Dewalt is only there as a spare.