Hot Deals

[Home Depot] WARM Milwaukee Tool M12 12V Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill Driver/Impact Driver Combo Kit with 3 batteries $149

[OP]
Nov 16, 2015
340 posts
577 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Home Depot] WARM Milwaukee Tool M12 12V Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill Driver/Impact Driver Combo Kit with 3 batteries $149

regular price this is $199 with only two 1.5 amp batteries

the sale price is $149 and they are giving you an extra 3.0 amp battery

The Milwaukee M12 12-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill Driver/Impact Driver Combo Kit (2-Tool) has the power and torque needed for professional and DIY applications in a compact size that reaches the tightest of spaces. Powered by REDLITHIUM technology for exceptional performance, speed and longer run time, both drivers are comfortable to use, lightweight and cordless for convenient tool belt portability. Durably made for long-lasting and reliable use with tough metal gear casing and all-metal gear box construction, this kit delivers rock-solid and accurate performance to tackle a wide range of applications.

M12 3/8 in. drill/driver specs: 2.1 lbs, 275 lbs of torque, no load RPM- 0-400, 0-1,500 RPM
M12 1/4 in. hex impact driver is lightweight 2.3 lb. and delivers 1000 in. lbs. of torque and 0-2500 RPM for fast, powerful driving
Powered by REDLITHIUM 12-Volt lithium-ion technology for exceptional power, speed and tool belt portability
Compact and lightweight to perform in tight spaces
M12 drill offers a metal ratcheting chuck for maximum durability
Includes: 2407-20 M12 3/8-inch drill/driver, 2462-20 M12 1/4-inch hex impact driver, (2) 48-11-2401 M12 REDLITHIUM batteries, (1) M12 XC 3.0Ah Battery, 48-59-2401 M12 30-minute charger and a contractor bag
12 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
1111 posts
976 upvotes
Vancouver
I have this set, purchased 3 years ago from HD for $129 including a 4ah extra battery, so a better deal at that time.

This is not the Fuel brushless models, but they are a bit smaller and lighter, and certainly not lacking in power.

The drill/driver has been great, becoming my go-to tool for every drill/driver application, including building a deck. I don't have as much use for the impact driver, but it works fine.
Nov 24, 2015
532 posts
329 upvotes
Durham Region
This set has been between 159-168 for months now. I did buy it yesterday to try for 149 but not sure I’ll keep it as I have m18 drill/impact already
Dec 12, 2018
47 posts
26 upvotes
networksend wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 11:48 am
This set has been between 159-168 for months now. I did buy it yesterday to try for 149 but not sure I’ll keep it as I have m18 drill/impact already
I've got both an M18 and M12 Fuel drill/driver set, along with a bunch of the other tools. I use the M18 stuff at work, and the M12 stays at my personal shop to work on the car and that, and I can honestly say that I wish I had another M12 set for work. The tools are so much lighter and nicer to carry around than the M18. Realistically, the M12 kit will probably get anything done around the house and most stuff on the job site, not to mention it's considerably smaller, so it'll get into the tight spots a lot better than the M18 stuff will.

If you can opt into the M12 Fuel stuff for a touch more, that'd be my recommendation over the base M18 stuff for most people, but the base M12 stuff won't let you down. Carry the M18 stuff around for half an hour, then carry the M12 stuff around for another half hour and I bet you'll want to keep it :P
Nov 24, 2015
532 posts
329 upvotes
Durham Region
robbdance wrote: I've got both an M18 and M12 Fuel drill/driver set, along with a bunch of the other tools. I use the M18 stuff at work, and the M12 stays at my personal shop to work on the car and that, and I can honestly say that I wish I had another M12 set for work. The tools are so much lighter and nicer to carry around than the M18. Realistically, the M12 kit will probably get anything done around the house and most stuff on the job site, not to mention it's considerably smaller, so it'll get into the tight spots a lot better than the M18 stuff will.

If you can opt into the M12 Fuel stuff for a touch more, that'd be my recommendation over the base M18 stuff for most people, but the base M12 stuff won't let you down. Carry the M18 stuff around for half an hour, then carry the M12 stuff around for another half hour and I bet you'll want to keep it :P

The m12 fuel looks a lot more compact

Here are pics of the impact from this kit beside my m18 fuel impact

M12 does feel a bit lighter
Images
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9248 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001094843

This is the set I hit with the hard drive medepot promotional free tools.

The hex and mpack look different then then cheaper $149 anyone know the difference
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1010 posts
709 upvotes
Toronto
I highly recommend this kit.

I've been using the drill and driver for 2 years now. They're light and powerful. They've been perfectly fine for all my DIY projects including building a fence using these to drive screws.

I've also purchased the M12 rotary tool and the Hackzall (mini sawzall) which are great cordless tools too.
Jun 6, 2010
168 posts
48 upvotes
Winnipeg
I am debating this kit vs the M12 fuel hammer drill with 2 and 4 ah batteries. Both are the same price.

I already have a gen 1 M12 fuel impact, so was just in the market for a drill.

I have a ryobi 18v kit for my other needs just want something lighter

Any recommendations?
Aug 20, 2017
57 posts
52 upvotes
Got this kit a year ago for $99.99 at Kingston HD. Totally worth every penny! Have the larger m18 (brushless hammerdrill plus impact driver) and honestly other than using it to finish my basement two years ago.. it has been collecting dust since the m12 pretty much takes care of everything around the house!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9248 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
Inno wrote:
Sep 19th, 2019 10:54 am
What free tools? The link doesn't show any
I bought the tool set at the red alert sale

I would recommended the M12 FUEL tool set. As soon as you pull the trigger you feel the torque of the brushless motor 1200+ lbs of driving force. It's feels like pressing the gas petal on a tesla car.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/home-dep ... t-2313243/

Tool I bought.

This model is shorter and it has a speed button on top with 4.modes
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001160184
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1637 posts
136 upvotes
Thornhill
Scote64 wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 11:22 am
I have this set, purchased 3 years ago from HD for $129 including a 4ah extra battery, so a better deal at that time.

This is not the Fuel brushless models, but they are a bit smaller and lighter, and certainly not lacking in power.

The drill/driver has been great, becoming my go-to tool for every drill/driver application, including building a deck. I don't have as much use for the impact driver, but it works fine.
Next time use the impact driver for deck screws. It helps a bit better and it is for more heavy duty application. If you are putting up drywall or hanging a picture frame, I would use the drill driver.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
1111 posts
976 upvotes
Vancouver
cruisn76 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 2:17 pm
Next time use the impact driver for deck screws. It helps a bit better and it is for more heavy duty application. If you are putting up drywall or hanging a picture frame, I would use the drill driver.
I tried both, but I prefer the drill/driver for deck screws. With the M12 drill/driver it's really easy to start slow, set the screw properly, and then zip it the rest of the way in. I set the torque as best I can to stop as the screw head goes in, although the wood varies too much to make that reliable. No problem at all with the power and speed of the M12 drill/driver.

I found the impact driver not as controllable. It's prone to vibrate the bit out of the screw head when it encounters resistance and starts to impact. And using the impact action as an incremental way to control the screw depth is also a bit iffy - if the wood is too soft, it impacts in too quickly and too deep before I can stop it.