Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

(Warm) Yard waste bag $0.48 ea (25-pack)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2020 5:39 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
1438 posts
900 upvotes
Ottawa

[Home Depot] (Warm) Yard waste bag $0.48 ea (25-pack)

25-pack for $11.98. Usual price at various retailers is $0.60-0.70 each in 5- or 20-packs; it's been quite a while since I saw 5-for-$2.49.
Not a burning-hot price, but good to add to your cart when at HD and stick in shed or garage for the summer and fall if you know you're going to need them.
Ontario.
21 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
17077 posts
4572 upvotes
I use the $1-$5 garbage bins from Walmart for yardwasrd which is much better deal..cause u can reuse for N times
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Jul 4, 2013
420 posts
114 upvotes
I bought 25 from Costco for 14.99. Last week I saw 25 at home Depot for 11.99. I felt ripped off lol
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2017
1005 posts
983 upvotes
My neighbor uses a tall bin for yard waste. The problem for me is that I will end up filling 6 to 10 bags at a go in the fall. So will stock up. But for regular use will get a bin.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2009
1023 posts
529 upvotes
Bidjaan wrote: My neighbor uses a tall bin for yard waste. The problem for me is that I will end up filling 6 to 10 bags at a go in the fall. So will stock up. But for regular use will get a bin.

In peel region will they pick up yard if I use black bin?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
17077 posts
4572 upvotes
Bidjaan wrote: My neighbor uses a tall bin for yard waste. The problem for me is that I will end up filling 6 to 10 bags at a go in the fall. So will stock up. But for regular use will get a bin.
I have seen neighbor put 15 bins of yard waste on curbside...
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6732 posts
5280 upvotes
kiasu wrote: I have seen neighbor put 15 bins of yard waste on curbside...
Not a contest, but in most older parts of Toronto (where there are tonnes of big trees) and probably most older cities/towns, I regularly see people with 30+ bags out.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
1438 posts
900 upvotes
Ottawa
Indeed, we actually have a rotation going. When the squirrels chew through the lid of the (real) garbage pail, it becomes our compost-storage pail. When it starts cracking, it becomes the yard waste bin. That works for week-in, week-out, but at least 3X a year we get the bit between our teeth on something yard-cleanup-related, and suddenly have more than any number of decrepit bins worth storing can handle. By the time they're decrepit enough to be the yard waste bin, it doesn't take too many uses to fall apart completely anyway.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2017
1005 posts
983 upvotes
kiasu wrote: I have seen neighbor put 15 bins of yard waste on curbside...
Most don’t have the space or want to store 15 bins. Plus we park our cars in the garage. One bin for occasional use is easy to manage. Bags for the times with volume.
Jan 5, 2014
76 posts
395 upvotes
Mississauga
But don't try to get rid of your grass clippings...

Starting this spring in Caledon, Brampton and Mississauga, grass clippings will no longer be accepted at the curb or at Peel Community Recycling Centres. The Region of Peel is encouraging residents to "grasscycle," which means leaving the clippings on the lawn after mowing it. Feb 21, 2020
Apr 18, 2016
15 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
kiasu wrote: I use the $1-$5 garbage bins from Walmart for yardwasrd which is much better deal..cause u can reuse for N times
How do you find these at $5?
...Van604Deals
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
17077 posts
4572 upvotes
princessbabie wrote: How do you find these at $5?
there was clearance a month or so ago...search it on RFD....started with $5 garbage bin then drop to $1...regular was $22...

I got them at $5 but lazy to do PA later..
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6732 posts
5280 upvotes
centralscrutinizer wrote: But don't try to get rid of your grass clippings...

Starting this spring in Caledon, Brampton and Mississauga, grass clippings will no longer be accepted at the curb or at Peel Community Recycling Centres. The Region of Peel is encouraging residents to "grasscycle," which means leaving the clippings on the lawn after mowing it. Feb 21, 2020
I live in Toronto, been at few years since we could put grass clippings at the curb.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
3141 posts
1494 upvotes
houska wrote: 25-pack for $11.98. Usual price at various retailers is $0.60-0.70 each in 5- or 20-packs; it's been quite a while since I saw 5-for-$2.49.
Not a burning-hot price, but good to add to your cart when at HD and stick in shed or garage for the summer and fall if you know you're going to need them.
Ontario.
Damn, read your title wrong. I thought it was going to be $0.48 for the whole package or 25 lol

PMking wrote: I bought 25 from Costco for 14.99. Last week I saw 25 at home Depot for 11.99. I felt ripped off lol
Does anybody else feel that the Costco ones are thicker and better quality than the HD ones? I switch between both depending on where I’m shopping and then feel that I need more and I find that the Costco ones tend to deal with wet weather better.

hvc wrote: Not a contest, but in most older parts of Toronto (where there are tonnes of big trees) and probably most older cities/towns, I regularly see people with 30+ bags out.
Yup, Etobicoke here. My backyard is basically a manicured forest. We usually get about 30-40bags a year and you have to do leaves 2 or 3 times since it’s neigh impossible to wait until it all falls down to do it all at once.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3506 posts
950 upvotes
Pretty sure this is regular price. I bought these for the exact price in May and see them for the same price each time I’m there.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)