Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Weber Genesis II LX E-340 & LX S-340 $1099/$1199 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2019 12:40 pm
Apr 15, 2009
273 posts
27 upvotes
Bought the LX-340 but have to get it from a store 30km away. The store called and asked if I wanted them to assemble it or not.

Has someone been able to bring the BBQ home in a SUV?

And was it assembled or still in the box.

Just need to know if I need to rent a van.
Aug 10, 2010
294 posts
135 upvotes
Calgary
BBQ comes mostly assembled, just need to attach the side shelves. Nothing challenging, only had one annoying screw on the left shelf that can be collapsed on the 340 version, it wouldn't quite line up and needed a few attempts to do. Box dimensions are on HD website, the base packaging is a solid plastic tray so can't be collapsed (can be left at HD if you unpack), I tried to fit it in my Enclave with 30" clearance height at it's lowest point but couldn't fit it, think you need nearly 33".

My instructions were on the very top - when you took off the lid they were right there and handy.
Dec 3, 2012
54 posts
17 upvotes
Rockabilly wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 11:41 am
Bought the LX-340 but have to get it from a store 30km away. The store called and asked if I wanted them to assemble it or not.

Has someone been able to bring the BBQ home in a SUV?

And was it assembled or still in the box.

Just need to know if I need to rent a van.
I picked up the LX II E-440 NG with a compact SUV - back seats folded. The height of the box is a few inches too high to fit all the way in so we had to take out the components out from the box. Only the fire box and lid was assembled. Just make sure your car is clear of stuff before you pick the BBQ up. I would also suggest to have someone help you with lifting the firebox/lid. Everything else you can do solo. I left the box and plastic tray.

The box was 34" x 44" x 31"H.

Definitely looking forward to building it this weekend!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2395 posts
1299 upvotes
Langley
kingest_kong wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 7:49 am
I respectfully disagree. I’ve owned cheap bbq’s for a very long time and when I got my spirit it was a definite upgrade in terms of quality of parts and just weight alone. Obviously you can’t compare the spirit line to the genesis line. The spirit line is a corolla and the genesis line is a nice Lexus. Both get the job done but one will have a lot more bells and whistles.
It's interesting to hear your perspective. I guess for myself, I'm used to a certain quality from Weber and their Spirit line just feels really budget. Which, you alluded to with your corolla comment. I would agree with that.

It's just, I was at Home Depot and when I was looking at the other BBQ's there, the quality of the competition seemed just as good.

I suppose the best aspect of webers is the parts are replaceable, so that is a major plus.
Aug 16, 2018
7 posts
5 upvotes
For what it's worth, my father had a Weber that he used reliably for over 20 years. I upgraded it to a newer Genesis model 4 years ago and it's working as if brand new to this date and the old one is still being used by our neighbour!. He also leaves it outside 24/7 around the year.

I have seldom used other grills, but I can say that Napolean grills come the closest when it comes to the same ''feel'' as Webers, but I don't personally know anyone that had any other grill last more than 10 years (before some piece or another failed).

I personally believe that Weber excels in reliability more than anything else
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2002
1151 posts
49 upvotes
cw1628 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 12:43 pm
I picked up the LX II E-440 NG with a compact SUV - back seats folded. The height of the box is a few inches too high to fit all the way in so we had to take out the components out from the box. Only the fire box and lid was assembled. Just make sure your car is clear of stuff before you pick the BBQ up. I would also suggest to have someone help you with lifting the firebox/lid. Everything else you can do solo. I left the box and plastic tray.

Turns out the S-340 comes in two types of packaging:

1. Like mentioned above by cw1628, more compact which requires more assembly.

2. Taller package, almost fully assembled held by plastic 'tray' at the bottom.

Confirmed this with Weber customer service.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6152 posts
871 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
For people looking for covers, the one in-store at Costco works well and it's only $20. I've used it for my Weber for 5+ years with no issues.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Dec 3, 2012
54 posts
17 upvotes
Just to comment further the current retail price is below cost so definitely get it while you can. Clearly a deal for RFD'ers :)
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
3850 posts
604 upvotes
cw1628 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 6:01 pm
Just to comment further the current retail price is below cost so definitely get it while you can. Clearly a deal for RFD'ers :)
I find it hard to belive they are selling them below cost .
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2003
1020 posts
72 upvotes
Hobbess wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 9:33 am

Amazon has the Weber Cover on sale @ $70, I price matched at HD when I picked up the grill last night.
Thanks bud! Didn't think to check Amazon for a grill cover...was $99.99 for the 400 series cover....gonna try and PM!
References under bfg_16 in Heatware 99-0-0,Ebay 125-0-0
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2003
1020 posts
72 upvotes
cw1628 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 12:43 pm

Ya exactly what happened to me! Had the lot associate help me try and fit it in my rx-350 and no dice....had to take it apart and luckily my car was empty...was partly assembled but there were stil tons of pieces!!
Glad ya got it in...renting a truck while you have the bbq in hand is such a hassle!! Imagine if HD didn't even have a truck to rent!! Gah!
References under bfg_16 in Heatware 99-0-0,Ebay 125-0-0
Dec 3, 2012
54 posts
17 upvotes
Just noticed there is a promo happening for this week's flyer - buy any Weber Genesis Gas BBQ and get Igrill 3 for free. Will I be able to get my local HD to adjust (i bought the bbq on Tuesday) or will i have to go back to the store I purchased the bbq?
Apr 15, 2009
273 posts
27 upvotes
cw1628 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2019 12:33 pm
Just noticed there is a promo happening for this week's flyer - buy any Weber Genesis Gas BBQ and get Igrill 3 for free. Will I be able to get my local HD to adjust (i bought the bbq on Tuesday) or will i have to go back to the store I purchased the bbq?
It tried to get it too. The system won’t allow it even though it is a Genesis. So I asked if I could have it at a discount and he gave me 50% off on the iGrill3.
Aug 10, 2010
294 posts
135 upvotes
Calgary
Rockabilly wrote:
Jun 14th, 2019 5:26 pm
It tried to get it too. The system won’t allow it even though it is a Genesis. So I asked if I could have it at a discount and he gave me 50% off on the iGrill3.
Might have to head over and try this - what do folks think of the iGrill3? I was reading some reviews, not sure I like that the only temp display is on the app. Was tempted to get a different one.

Also can't figure out what it means that the grill is "igrill3 ready" does it already have a temp sensor inside for grill temp so the 2 probes are just for meat?