Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Weber Genesis II LX E-340 & LX S-340 $1099/$1199 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2019 12:40 pm
Sep 20, 2018
10 posts
9 upvotes
A genuine question from someone who has never owned a Weber grill (gas or charcoal) - and knows very little about this model in particular - why spend $1,200 on a propane grill? Surely for half the price you can get a 3 burner grill that gets just as hot and cooks just as efficiently as this one?

I've been cooking on a charcoal grill the last 5 years and don't think I'll ever go back to propane as my full-time grill. Flavour wise, the difference between propane and charcoal/wood is night and day - but I recognize that charcoal might not be for everyone. I'll still use propane from time to time out of convenience for quick cooks (sausages, hot dogs, veggies etc.), but that's about it.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
1658 posts
1933 upvotes
Toronto
Smythical wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 9:08 am
A genuine question from someone who has never owned a Weber grill (gas or charcoal) - and knows very little about this model in particular - why spend $1,200 on a propane grill? Surely for half the price you can get a 3 burner grill that gets just as hot and cooks just as efficiently as this one?

I've been cooking on a charcoal grill the last 5 years and don't think I'll ever go back to propane as my full-time grill. Flavour wise, the difference between propane and charcoal/wood is night and day - but I recognize that charcoal might not be for everyone. I'll still use propane from time to time out of convenience for quick cooks (sausages, hot dogs, veggies etc.), but that's about it.
I have owned a 3 burner grill which I got for end of season clearance at $150. First year was great, second year, things starts rusting, hard to control temperature, 3rd year side burner doesn't work anymore, and the grill doesn't get as hot cause flame isn't strong anymore. so basically the grill last about 2ish years of optimum performance... so... $75 bucks a year.

I got a weber genesis first gen 4 yrs ago. zero rust, side burner still works on first click, temp control is excellent. I can also first this up in the middle of winter for a burger.. yes, it did cost 1200 bucks for the NG version, (and yes, I did think it was crazy expensive when i bought it), and it would take 8 of those cheap ones on clearance to make it "even". However, with better performance, and you won't have to keep shopping for a cheap replacement every 2 yrs, bring it home and put it together... Everytime you put one of these things together would be 2 hrs..then deal with dumping the old one.... how much is your time and effort worth?

I also have a weber charcoal grill, much better than the cheap 99 dollar ones. I am not a weber only person, just so happens i got a nice deal on the weber ones.

oh and the weber charcoal grill was bought used, and been sitting in my backyard for 2 yrs, uncovered over winter, and have zero rust.... its kind of amazing lol...
Dec 3, 2012
54 posts
17 upvotes
The advertisement on the flyer clearly states Buy any Genesis Gas BBQs. There are no fine prints that state only applicable to new assortment (does not apply to seasonal discontinued or clearance genesis).

That's a violation to the Canadian Code of Advertising Standards.
Jul 1, 2010
39 posts
13 upvotes
Ottawa
I have a Weber Genesis Silver C from 2004, I've replaced the flavorizer bars once (they need replacement again), and the burners were replaced in warranty early on (defect). I've brushed 40cm of snow off of it and pressed the light button and it lights everytime, all the metal is in great shape, no rust. I paid $800 for it back then and I thought that was crazy. It cooks almost exactly the same way it did on day 1, no hot spots, no flaring up, great temperature control. I also have a Weber Charcoal kettle that I use often, no cover, no rust. I don't know if the new ones will be the same, I assume the Genesis II LX stainless steel ones will last the longest, and stainless grills and flavorizers should last longer I would think.
Sep 20, 2018
10 posts
9 upvotes
Thanks @sonyminidiscman - sounds like the craftsmanship and build quality really distinguish a Weber from the rest. I can get behind that price tag if it's going to hold up for many years to come.
Sep 13, 2011
47 posts
12 upvotes
Calgary
tamanter wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 8:36 am
i tried getting it too. The coupon book the cashier scan have specific model #s on the coupon. So unless your cashier is manually overriding the transaction at the till you probably won't get it. Based on the receipt photo it looks like it was a manual override.

you basically need to make a scene or speak to a manager to get it. i dont think its worth it.
Thats what the person at the first store I went to tried and said.

The second store just looked at my receipt, saw it was a Weber 'Genesis' Something and rang through the igrill for $0.01.
May 1, 2007
243 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
The Genesis II LX-S340 is excellent. You will all be very happy with it. Got mine (NG) last year on Black Friday and have been VERY happy.

I also have a Weber 22" Kettle and use it as well. It's nice to have both charcoal and gas depending on what I am trying to cook.

Also the Genesis II LX are the last of the "Made in the USA" Webers (the others are assembled in china). The Genesis II LX is “Made in the USA incorporating globally sourced component parts”.
Sep 6, 2011
228 posts
63 upvotes
thegrim1 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2019 12:08 pm
$100 more for the 440 (4 burner).

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/weber- ... 1001034720
The 4 burner LX E-440 is still available but on back order. It also now has a promo if you have a Home Depot card. I confirmed in the chat that the no interest promo still applies even though the item is on back-order and may not ship before the promo ends.

10% OFF IN STORE*# OR NO INTEREST IF PAID IN FULL WITHIN 18 MONTHS IN STORE OR ONLINE** on any single-receipt purchase of $299 or more (including taxes) when you use your Home Depot® Consumer Credit† Card from Thursday, June 20, 2019 to Wednesday, June 26, 2019. Payments required. No annual fees. *#**†Important terms and conditions apply. LEARN MORE.
Nov 9, 2012
44 posts
13 upvotes
i got the lx e440 last week, wonder if i can bring in my receipt and try to get the extra 10% off, also i did get the igrill 3 as well as some people didnt get it with this model its at the managers discression
Dec 20, 2006
447 posts
110 upvotes
Damn, but not for the NG model.
Propane only?
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2003
1020 posts
72 upvotes
tebore wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 1:51 pm
Markham East has 3 440 in NG for $898
Wow! Was anyone lucky to get it for that price??
References under bfg_16 in Heatware 99-0-0,Ebay 125-0-0
Oct 23, 2014
163 posts
101 upvotes
Laval, QC
Smythical wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 9:08 am

I have both the Weber "perfomer" charcoal (excellent bbq) which i got around 8 years ago and a 340 LX which i got last year. Always loved that charcoal flavour but the convenience of propane is just amazing for saving time. The LX heats up to 500 in 5 minutes , even in winter (-15). I thought the salesman at home depot was exaggerating when he said it , but is was true. Turn the knob and it fires up the burner. No button to press --- nothing else to do but cook.
It cooks evenly and food is juicy every time. Amazing BBQ..

I paid 1499 for mine and i would do it again . It is that good.

BTW , i think i got so spoiled by convenience, i have not used my charcoal WEBER since i got the LX 340.
Feb 4, 2007
323 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
Is there a smaller version of the weber with a sideburner? Checked out the genesis and its huge. Saw the weber spirit which is my perfect size but no sideburner. The natural gas version has a side burner.
Sep 18, 2017
80 posts
63 upvotes
GVRD
Thanks OP.
After much humming and hawing pulled the trigger on the Weber LX E-340 for $1099.
Bought from Port Coquitlam Home Depot.
Was a toss up between this and the Napoleon Rogue 525 for $999.
Inventory said 5 left, now minus 1. One left for sure as the guy brought down 2 on the pallet.
Nov 9, 2012
44 posts
13 upvotes
anyone have problems with the LX E-440 grill lid being caught on something when trying to lift it up? it only happens when i'm heating up the grill and i cant seem to see what it could be, its actually pretty annoying

thanks