Weber Grills on clearance (eg. Genesis II E310 $799) YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 9th, 2022 4:59 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2901 posts
1557 upvotes
B.C.
cbbc22 wrote: Does anyone know if the small portable Weber's ever go on sale?
Home Depot seems to occasionally put them on seasonal clearance firesale but I haven't seen it in years.

Amazon has decent pricing and the price varies with their pricing algorithm so you can occasionally score a decent deal on one of the less popular colours.

I have a Q1200 from Amazon. If I was to do it over again I'd get the Napoleon TravelQ TQ285X. Having two burners would be super handy in the same sort of size as a Q1200.
Sep 23, 2010
48 posts
19 upvotes
I was looking to get one on the weekend at the Cyrville road Ottawa location and they had a Managers special for $599.
Picked up one Sunday Morning, great deal thanks OP. They had 1 plus the display model left when I got mine.
Dec 12, 2019
761 posts
581 upvotes
cbbc22 wrote: Does anyone know if the small portable Weber's ever go on sale?
I think they do at Walmart at the end of season sometimes. Not sure about HD.

But always check out kijiji or marketplace, I often see them selling $10-20 for after one time usage. Even comes with charcoal bags
Dec 26, 2012
997 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
Picked up a Summit for 50% off in 2020 at HD, great bbq but they don't make them like they used to.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
1848 posts
337 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
djbe wrote: I was looking to get one on the weekend at the Cyrville road Ottawa location and they had a Managers special for $599.
Picked up one Sunday Morning, great deal thanks OP. They had 1 plus the display model left when I got mine.
Dang $599 is nice!
Mar 20, 2009
76 posts
102 upvotes
Anyone know of a quick way to get clearance pricing for HomeDepot?
Called a couple around me and they are at $850 (natural gas e310).
Would love to score cheaper like djbe above but I'm too fare from Ottawa.
Oct 15, 2013
853 posts
1314 upvotes
It sounds like it's a "manager special" so it really depends on the store. New Genesis coming in so they need the space and I guess if a store has a few too many they would then have the clearance price of $599 rather than the sale price of $799.

Just an FYI for folks I managed to find an open box on Friday for $549, someone returned a $599 one (it was too big for them the outdoor employee said) so if you are lucky there might be one or two still out there.
Mar 24, 2015
429 posts
297 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
errational wrote: Looks like HD is clearing out last years grills at my local store (Kelowna BC)

I nabbed the last boxed Genesis II. Never thought I would drop $800 on a BBQ but here we are.

I thought the same thing about 5 years ago when I got one of the first series of Genesis for 799 taxes in. I use that thing year round, 4-5 times a week, sometimes more. You will not regret it, it's an experience.
Jul 11, 2009
814 posts
732 upvotes
Toronto
errational wrote: Never thought I would drop $800 on a BBQ but here we are...
10 years ago, i bought my first gas grill a weber s-330 ng, (from HD with a discount from a RFD post) for $ 1,000. i too never thought... 10 years later, it's old reliable, cooks as good as new, has never let me down, haven't replaced anything, needs only an annual cleaning.

i was at Lowes yesterday and saw a weber summit s-670 for about $ 3,600 and i was thinking... if i had to do it over again... i would have gotten that one.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
1848 posts
337 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Nexitus wrote: Dead deal at this point?
I think it's going to be YMMV based on your local store. Given that the new line is on the website I'm sure it won't be long until they're in stores and the old ones are gone.
Mar 20, 2009
76 posts
102 upvotes
charliegee wrote: It sounds like it's a "manager special" so it really depends on the store. New Genesis coming in so they need the space and I guess if a store has a few too many they would then have the clearance price of $599 rather than the sale price of $799.

Just an FYI for folks I managed to find an open box on Friday for $549, someone returned a $599 one (it was too big for them the outdoor employee said) so if you are lucky there might be one or two still out there.
. Mind sharing which store?
Sep 2, 2005
21 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
PIcked up the Weber Genesis II E-310 (natural gas) for $850 at the Home Depot on Curity Ave. in Toronto. Tried to negotiate to $650ish based on this thread but the associate said price was dependent on store location and wouldn't drop the price further. There was still one remaining Natural Gas BBQ (no propane version) at Curity after my purchase. You might be able to find the propane version at other toronto locations (i.e. leaside)
Dec 28, 2020
4 posts
1 upvote
I’ve noticed the Terminal (Vancouver) location has put the E310 Genesis to $699 now. Had a few NG and 1 LP in box left but a bunch of pre-assembled ones readily available.

Would love to grab one at this price but it’s way too big for my condo patio lol probably have to wait for a Spirit model to go on sale.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1263 posts
676 upvotes
Vancouver
Rumpel4skin wrote: I’ve noticed the Terminal (Vancouver) location has put the E310 Genesis to $699 now. Had a few NG and 1 LP in box left but a bunch of pre-assembled ones readily available.

Would love to grab one at this price but it’s way too big for my condo patio lol probably have to wait for a Spirit model to go on sale.
There are deals on 2021 genesis models because a new generation has been released.

The spirit line was updated last year, so you're unlikely to find the same level of discount. If you're lucky, you might get a deal on a Spirit ii, but they were discontinued a year ago. Also keep in mind parts support for the Spirit ii may be pretty scarce since weber didn't sell these for very long before discontinuing them.

BTW, I noticed msrp prices have gone way up recently. Eg. A basic 3 burner Broil King Signet retailed for $499 in 2015, the same bbq now has a sticker price of $799. Weber prices have gone up just as much.
Last edited by turbo_slug on Feb 22nd, 2022 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
4208 posts
1802 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Easy to convert Geneses E310 LP to NG?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)