Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] WeMo plug 19.00/light switch 26.95 liquidation YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2017 5:53 pm
Jun 29, 2011
246 posts
64 upvotes
BBQ Haven
yhap2003 wrote: The wemo app is garbage. Unlike other smart device app, you can create an account and have it tied to it but this isn't the case. Anyone on the same network with the app can pick it up.
The app is also very buggy, slow to turn ON/Off the plug/switch and sometimes will tell you the devices is off when it's ON.
I actually like the fact that I don't need an account on some third party site to control the switch. I mean, you are on your own local network, unless you don't secure it, I can't see the problem someone else on the same network can pick it up. Those someone are probably members of your household.
Jun 27, 2011
47 posts
55 upvotes
Guelph, Ontario
There were 2 switches left at the Brampton East location at around 1pm today. Both were obviously open box but scanned at $19.00
Jun 18, 2003
194 posts
95 upvotes
Thank you very much. I was able to get the last light switch at Home Depot and then I used the receipt across the street at BestBuy to get 3 more at $23.65
[OP]
Oct 2, 2013
832 posts
205 upvotes
spend the afternoon to install and configure them,
update firmware without problem for switch, plug seems done update but in app it still shows upgrading, reset the plug solved the problem.

one of my intended switch has the power comes to light first and there is no neutral wire Disappointed But Relieved Face, so have to use the switch somewhere else,

GH sometimes had problem to control the switch, the 4 dot will keep turning for a while and tell me there is an error, but funny thing is the lights are still turned sometimes

another finding, if I manually turned on or off the light using the switch, GH seems lost control of it, when I ask GH to turn it says it's done but light is not responding Disappointed But Relieved Face
[OP]
Oct 2, 2013
832 posts
205 upvotes
lookn_4_deals wrote: Thank you very much. I was able to get the last light switch at Home Depot and then I used the receipt across the street at BestBuy to get 3 more at $23.65
they didn't even challenge you the availability in HDSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling EyesSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Jun 18, 2003
194 posts
95 upvotes
The key is to price matching is to bring cute young kids with you and to have them ask to price match. It's hard to say no to kids especially if theyre polite. Plus the receipt doesn't say clearance or anything on it and the skus matched perfectly.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
17312 posts
6187 upvotes
lookn_4_deals wrote: The key is to price matching is to bring cute young kids with you and to have them ask to price match. It's hard to say no to kids especially if theyre polite. Plus the receipt doesn't say clearance or anything on it and the skus matched perfectly.
So i should have some kids so i can use them as price matching pawns Smiling Face With Sunglasses
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3690 posts
976 upvotes
Calgary
If only these switches support homekit
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10747 posts
2940 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
casperr wrote: If only these switches support homekit
Belkin has announced support via a bridge but not until fall.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Jan 28, 2014
623 posts
236 upvotes
Great deal I paid 29.99 on Amazon a while back and did my entire home with them.

The switches became 10x more useful when Google Assistant was released in Canada on non-pixel phones.

These switches also work with IFTTT.

Only thing is they require a neutral to install (there are workarounds to get it to work but not officially supported/recommended).

Also do they do not support 3 way switches.

There's a new version with a dimmer but I haven't seen it for sale yet and don't need the dim feature.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5946 posts
393 upvotes
Calgary
anyone see these in Calgary? just bought a Google home so could use a few
Mar 25, 2013
417 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
3 home depot's in the gta and all the plugs are 49. I haven't seen any switches at all.

If anyone wants to sell me a light switch I can meet in Vaughan or near the Eaton center in the day.
DroidKid
[OP]
Oct 2, 2013
832 posts
205 upvotes
STIGUY wrote: Only thing is they require a neutral to install (there are workarounds to get it to work but not officially supported/recommended).
I assume you refer to connect both neutral and ground from switch to ground in box
is this way safe and comply with code? don't' want anyone get hurt
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10747 posts
2940 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
CarsonKT wrote: I assume you refer to connect both neutral and ground from switch to ground in box
is this way safe and comply with code? don't' want anyone get hurt
Would that even work. How would it draw power from the ground?
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada