Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] WeMo plug 19.00/light switch 26.95 liquidation YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2017 5:53 pm
Aug 9, 2008
442 posts
222 upvotes
lookn_4_deals wrote: For those in the GTA. There is 1 light switch and 1 dimmer which scan at the sale prices at HD Mississauga West. I've been using them to price match at other stores. Please don't be that person who buys the 1 left and ruins price matching for everyone else. Home this helps anyone still looking.
Argentia Road?
Jun 18, 2003
189 posts
86 upvotes
Yes. I returned the ones I previously purchased before price matching with bb.
Apr 30, 2008
590 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
haven't read all the comments, but I have the WEMO light switch and it's garbage. It's always losing connection and my app doesn't see the switches (I have 2 professionally installed).

My Lutron Caseta dimmers on the otherhand have been flawless from day 1. Not a single glitch or dropped connection.
May 17, 2006
520 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
TH3R wrote: haven't read all the comments, but I have the WEMO light switch and it's garbage. It's always losing connection and my app doesn't see the switches (I have 2 professionally installed).

My Lutron Caseta dimmers on the otherhand have been flawless from day 1. Not a single glitch or dropped connection.
Fwiw, my Wemo switches have been in service for 1.5 years without a single glitch. Do you have sufficient wifi coverage?
Oct 14, 2015
314 posts
265 upvotes
Halifax, NS
wearysky wrote: I assume that was the Homebrite bulbs? Saw those yesterday on sale:

Yep ! thats them I've got a need. Gonna try them if they suck back they go will keep you posted.
Aug 2, 2011
30 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
i have the plug,. it blockes the bottome socket, but if it really is $19 , then its a good price.
Apr 30, 2008
590 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
My WIFI coverage is pretty strong all throughout my semi, so I'm not sure why my WEMO light switches have been acting up. They were good for the first 2 months, but for the last 4 months they've been completely problematic. If it was just one of the WEMO's then I'd say I got a lemon, but both WEMOs are non functioning right now, which is super annoying as I've grown accustomed to controlling all my lights with Alexa.

An electrician installed both switches before I learned how to do them myself, so it's definitely not a wiring problem. And if it's a networking issue, then that's beyond me.

I've factory reset these switches a dozen times, updated the firmware, and it still gives me nothing but problems
Dec 11, 2012
37 posts
29 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
HD Yorkdale got 2 left. All open box
Dec 11, 2012
37 posts
29 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
It's in the clearance area near the HDMI cable
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10728 posts
2925 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
jgunawan wrote: HD Yorkdale got 2 left. All open box
My brother was in HD a couple months ago to buy some clearance stuff. All that was left was open box stuff with damaged packaging (just the packaging was damaged). They said that's an automatic 50% off. Not sure if that is a consistent policy, since it seems ripe for abuse, but worth asking about.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2009
1299 posts
1792 upvotes
Toronto :)
TH3R wrote: My WIFI coverage is pretty strong all throughout my semi, so I'm not sure why my WEMO light switches have been acting up. They were good for the first 2 months, but for the last 4 months they've been completely problematic. If it was just one of the WEMO's then I'd say I got a lemon, but both WEMOs are non functioning right now, which is super annoying as I've grown accustomed to controlling all my lights with Alexa.

An electrician installed both switches before I learned how to do them myself, so it's definitely not a wiring problem. And if it's a networking issue, then that's beyond me.

I've factory reset these switches a dozen times, updated the firmware, and it still gives me nothing but problems
I have 8 light switches/dimmers installed in my home and ive never had a single problem before :) works flawlessly with my alexas and google home
Deals never wait for people, only people wait for deals.
Buy now, think later.
Jan 16, 2017
49 posts
11 upvotes
Thx ops

None in Aurora, Woodbridge and Rhill

6 at Yorkdale
Dec 23, 2010
757 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
CarsonKT wrote: according to wikipedia blablabla ........seems it's her main source of knowledge
her and everyone in /r/TIL
Dec 9, 2001
310 posts
65 upvotes
Oakville (Greater To…
lookn_4_deals wrote: Yes. I returned the ones I previously purchased before price matching with bb.
So to get this deal in the GTA, I should visit the Argentia store,
buy at the Argentia store,
then return the items
and then visit another store to do price-match?
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10728 posts
2925 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
TH3R wrote: My WIFI coverage is pretty strong all throughout my semi, so I'm not sure why my WEMO light switches have been acting up. They were good for the first 2 months, but for the last 4 months they've been completely problematic. If it was just one of the WEMO's then I'd say I got a lemon, but both WEMOs are non functioning right now, which is super annoying as I've grown accustomed to controlling all my lights with Alexa.

microwave oven or cordless phones nearby?
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada