• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2017 5:53 pm
Jun 18, 2003
189 posts
86 upvotes
Quant wrote: So to get this deal in the GTA, I should visit the Argentia store,
buy at the Argentia store,
then return the items
and then visit another store to do price-match?
Just go to another store such as best buy to price match. Ask them to call the Mississauga West home depot to verify price and stock.
Jan 28, 2014
623 posts
234 upvotes
TH3R wrote: haven't read all the comments, but I have the WEMO light switch and it's garbage. It's always losing connection and my app doesn't see the switches (I have 2 professionally installed).

My Lutron Caseta dimmers on the otherhand have been flawless from day 1. Not a single glitch or dropped connection.
I had similar issues once in a while a few years ago but ever since I setup my Google wifi router I have had zero issues with my switches.

I have over 10 of them and have nothing but good things to say about them since Google Assistant came out.
Jan 28, 2014
623 posts
234 upvotes
Zork1984 wrote: I actually like the fact that I don't need an account on some third party site to control the switch. I mean, you are on your own local network, unless you don't secure it, I can't see the problem someone else on the same network can pick it up. Those someone are probably members of your household.
This is also an advantage for me because sometimes my internet is down or when I moved and had no internet for a few days I connected turned on my router and my switches were accessible on the local network still.

My ecobee on the other hand didn't work with no internet and I had to adjust it standing in front of it with my hands like a peasant
Jul 10, 2006
417 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
I have the light switch. Works fine. The only small nuisance is that if there is a power failure, then the light switch loses its programming until it is able to connect to the internet again. So during the power outage if your UPS shuts down taking down the internet router, then your light switch will not follow the regular programming until you get back home to reset the router.
Mar 25, 2013
413 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
Dose Yorkdale have the switches? I have been to 4 home depot's no one has stock some had some plugs but regular price. I need a switch!
DroidKid
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1830 posts
549 upvotes
Ottawa
Go Kanata and check.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2009
1322 posts
420 upvotes
London Area
Has anyone had any luck finding the light switches at this price in London?

Any chance someone could upload a receipt showing the light switch price?
Feb 7, 2008
464 posts
230 upvotes
St Catharines
FYI Couldn't find any in St. Catharines, checked the light aisle and a clearance section near the back.
Mobile: Freedom Mobile Everywhere 60 w. US roaming
Internet: Carrytel 60/10 29$
TV: FTA Antenna + Netflix
Dec 27, 2009
506 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, I picked up two plugs at the Markham North location yesterday. Nothing left on the shelf.
Dec 27, 2009
506 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
rob187 wrote: You can use this switch to control your millivolt fireplace. Wire the switch with 110v 2-conductor Romex from a grounded box to control a 24v transformer. Wire the transformer to control a relay in a separate location which switches the millivolt on/off. Keep 110v as far away from the millivolt as possible to prevent a voltage from being induced.

If you don't understand this then call someone who is qualified to do electrical.

** the switch you are looking for doesn't exist. A powered switch can't run in the hot line only unless it is battery operated.
I believe there are code restrictions regarding the ability to turn on/off a fireplace from anyplace other than within sight. Don't quote me on that but it makes sense from a safety standpoint. On top of that I wouldn't trust a hub to never have an issue with turning something on when it isn't wanted.
[OP]
Oct 2, 2013
832 posts
205 upvotes
for powering any heating source, e.g my baseboard, i am thinking to use a Nodemcu esp8266 to control a relay, so the baseboard can be controlled from openhab, is this a doable idea?
Jun 23, 2010
292 posts
165 upvotes
North York
I picked up one plug last night at "50 Red Maple Rd, Richmond Hill, ON L4B 4K1" for $19. However, the price scanned was $49.99 and the manager overridden for $19 and limited it to one. Her reasoning was that this item is selling well at this location. There are 2 left last night.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10728 posts
2925 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
Quite a few "switches" left in Halifax (Lacewood) for $19.

Note: the box says switch but the pic shows a plug.
Images
  • IMG_4692.JPG
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada