Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Wink hub 1.8. Clearance 10$. YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2017 11:52 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 28, 2016
24 posts
31 upvotes

[Home Depot] Wink hub 1.8. Clearance 10$. YMMV

There are none left at the HD laval location since I bought the last 2.

But there are at least 15 left in montreal on the Notre Dame street.

None at the pointe claire also.
Images
  • upload.jpg
15 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12279 posts
6066 upvotes
Hot price at $10
Found none in wpg though
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2381 posts
2031 upvotes
Ottawa
Do you have an sku or something that can be used to check stock?
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12279 posts
6066 upvotes
Anyone want to pick me up 3 and send them over to me pm me.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
[OP]
May 28, 2016
24 posts
31 upvotes
Here is a copy of my bill. You'll find everything you need I think
Images
  • upload.png
Aug 30, 2015
110 posts
214 upvotes
Brossard, QC
Just picked up 2. I believe there are 8 still at the Montréal St. Antoine store. Same as OP.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
1988 posts
1732 upvotes
What does 1.8 mean? Is this the buggy first gen product?
Jan 16, 2016
129 posts
31 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Anyone know if there's stock left in Calgary?
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
1988 posts
1732 upvotes
Based on what I am reading online this is a highly unreliable product with a high user frustration factor (spending hours trying to get things to work / update). I'd rather spend a few bucks more on the Gen 2 when it drops in price.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2008
1161 posts
459 upvotes
Abbotsford
jakemtl wrote: Based on what I am reading online this is a highly unreliable product with a high user frustration factor (spending hours trying to get things to work / update). I'd rather spend a few bucks more on the Gen 2 when it drops in price.
I've had my first gen Wink hub running for a couple of years and I haven't had any issues. Other than a slight delay with GE smart bulbs, which I suspect is an issue with the bulbs, the system has worked well for me.

Location of the Hub is very important.

-The Wink Hub should be located at least 15 feet away from any other Wi-Fi device (including your router). ...
-Position your Hub in a centralized location that minimizes the distance between the Hub and your connected devices.
Aug 24, 2011
561 posts
215 upvotes
FrostyButters wrote:
I've had my first gen Wink hub running for a couple of years and I haven't had any issues. Other than a slight delay with GE smart bulbs, which I suspect is an issue with the bulbs, the system has worked well for me.

-The Wink Hub should be located at least 15 feet away from any other Wi-Fi device (including your router). ...
-Position your Hub in a centralized location that minimizes the distance between the Hub and your connected devices.
I'm really glad you were able to use it and found it easy to work with. I on the other hand have nothing but negative things to say about the unit I bought. I could not update the one I had with a newer firmware, kept giving me update failed for no reason. Tried moving it all around he house, no dice. Tried using my phone as a hotspot, no dice. Read dozens of forums on how to update it but would always fail. Ultimately i went back to have it exchanged with a new one (was hoping the unit that I had that was defective) but alas the second one did the exact same thing. After a few hours I called it quits and returned that as well. I bought a SmartThings hub instead and was able to go through the setup process in one go. This was just my personal experience so individual results may vary. I wish you guys luck in trying to make yours work though, it's cheap enough to fiddle around with anyway to make it work
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
1988 posts
1732 upvotes
FrostyButters wrote: I've had my first gen Wink hub running for a couple of years and I haven't had any issues. Other than a slight delay with GE smart bulbs, which I suspect is an issue with the bulbs, the system has worked well for me.

I have no patience to deal with a device that is as temperamental as this and have no way of guaranteeing this particularly with wifi devices moving around the house (phones, computers)! Thanks for confirming my suspicions.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10801 posts
3345 upvotes
Montreal, QC
We were at HD yesterday to grab some stuff for a move and saw these on clearance, grabbed one for myself and so did my buddy, I figured it could be worth it just for the power adapter or hacking purpose lol, what can you do with it?
Dec 8, 2014
351 posts
288 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Only chinook in Calgary has 57 sets . $49.97
Dec 8, 2014
351 posts
288 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Only chinook in Calgary has 57 sets . $49.97