• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2021 2:06 pm
[OP]
Mar 1, 2019
2 posts
63 upvotes
Montreal, QC

[Home Depot] Wyze cam v3 back in stock $43.98

Available at homedepot.ca and amazon.ca.
Run to get yours :) Those usually don’t last long in stock
Thread Summary
Here is some more info for those of you that are interested in Wyze V3 Cameras

- V3 has amazing night vision for this price point camera and beats out many others that cost more as well.
- V3 Officially supports 32GB MicroSD but people like myself are running this 128GB perfectly fine (Kingston / Sandisk Brands)
- Continious recording 24/7 with Event notifications [5 minute cool down between notifications if you do not have the paid CamPlus Subscription/ CamPlus has no gaps in notifications and no time limit either)
- You can run a cable up to 40feet, no problem, been tested and used by many of us. [Amaozn has plenty]

- MicroSD card continuously locally 24/7 in HD Quality:

16GB = 1-2 Days
32GB = 3-4 Days
64GB = 5-8 Days
128GB = up to 14 days

Some other FAQ:

Q: How long does it record each alert? How much can it record to cloud?

A: 12 seconds for the FREE tier, if you have CamPlus, then it will record full length, some of my events are like 1-2 minuets long on my camera I see. However since I do have a 128GB SD Card [32GB Officially supported], I can review the footage of that entire time frame if needed before during and after the alert.

Q: Can this send activity alert notifications to text or email for example, or just to their phone app? It sounds like there is like 10 sec. delay to receive the notification, and there is a 5-minute cooldown (only one notification every 5 minutes)?

A: No, it does not and will not send activity alerts through text or email, only through app, however you can share it with other family members so everyone can see alerts etc. There is a few second delay, I dont think its 10 seconds, I think its more like 2-5 seconds. As for events, if there are continuous events occurring, you will only get notification once every 5 minutes with the free tier. If you have CamPlus there is no delay/cool down period.

Q: How to mount?

A: You can mount it directly, the camera has a built in screw hole, and a screw is provided, I used that to mount it nicely above my front door, you can also put the screw under your soffit and hook the cam in, as long as the screw is close to surface, it will be nice and tight, won't go anywhere, I got all my cameras mounted like this. If you are at all paranoid about that screw not being enough, you can pickup one of many available mounts on Amazon, that screw into the bottom of the unit [no modifications needed] and may give you a better angle if needed. I like my cameras as close as possible to the wall/ceiling so that is why I never mounted it with a 3rd party mount.

Q: Will it be ok outside with -xx Temps?

A: Yes, this camera is designed for indoor AND outdoor use, up to -20 however based on my own experience, I don't think its going to have any issues with even colder weather as long as its mounted in a dry place and not directly exposed to elements. I have had the V2 mounted under my covered front porch and under soffit above garage for almost 2 years without any issues in South Western Ontario and it didn't skip a beat.

Q:Can you review the recordings through the app?

A: Yes, you can review the recordings through the iOS / Android app from anywhere, as long as the camera has connection to the internet and all without taking out the MicroSD card from the unit. You can also save clips etc right to your phone from the app.

Q: How does Continious recording work?

A: It will overwrite on the oldest content first, it's a loop and thats exactly how loops work, once SD card is full, it starts to write over the oldest content and so forth.

Q: Got multiple Wyze Cam's, whats the best app?

A: Wyze app!, Put them in a group [option available on the first tab, top left where you normally go to "ADD a Device" and you can view all at once instantly [they will all load together immediately and its much better than viewing 1 camera at a time]

By: @Samshares
157 replies
Sep 1, 2010
237 posts
118 upvotes
Thx for sharing, Great camera, looks that plenty in stock 300+ units available
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2788 posts
2371 upvotes
BC
Thx. Safer than buying from Amazon.ca.. At least you get Cdn warranty
Aug 16, 2009
259 posts
225 upvotes
Vancouver
muffin4life wrote: Thx. Safer than buying from Amazon.ca.. At least you get Cdn warranty
yup HD has the official Canadian Wyze products (there is french on the boxes) Amazon just sneakily sells the US versions from their US warehouse.
HD also has 180 day return policy, so you have more time to evaluate the wyze eco system.

Looks like all the wyze products are in stock now, doorbell, outdoor, smart plugs etc.

get them now before the price increase:
https://www.cnet.com/home/security/wyze-to-hike-up-camera-prices-starting-may-18-is-that-a-deal-breaker/
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1513 posts
1747 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Buy now too. I believe this are going up in price soon according to an email Wyze sent.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2178 posts
1647 upvotes
condo
anyone else getting errors when trying to check out?
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
2031 posts
805 upvotes
don't forget GCR / Rakuten!
Dec 29, 2005
372 posts
79 upvotes
Victoria
Can these be mounted on a camera tripod? Or can you only screw them into something or use a sticky pad?
Sep 30, 2015
617 posts
874 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Does HD still have the $10 off coupon? I can't see it on the site anymore.
Oct 26, 2003
211 posts
204 upvotes
Caledon
magmazing wrote: Can these be mounted on a camera tripod? Or can you only screw them into something or use a sticky pad?
They have a 1/4-20 mount

“ 1/4"-20 Mounting

Like with the Wyze Cam Pan and Wyze Cam Outdoor, the Wyze Cam v3 has a `1/4"-20 threaded connection that you can use to mount the cam to any standard 1/4"-20 mount.

Out of the box, the 1/4"-20 threads are actually used to hold on the base of the cam, but the screw used to attach the base can be removed with a standard Philipps or flat head screwdriver.”
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
1019 posts
252 upvotes
Warranty + 180 day return is a no brainer. Originally wanted 2 but since prices are going up I decided to get 3. The store also had 1 pack of smart plugs so added that to my cart too. Thanks OP!

I might try pointing the cams through the window from the inside, wonder if I will experience any glare or issues
“Nothing harms me. But I know pain. I know pain. Sometimes I share it. With someone like you.”
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3473 posts
2170 upvotes
YUL/YVR
Not that it's a deal breaker, but interesting HD charge a eco-fee while Amz doesn't
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3473 posts
2170 upvotes
YUL/YVR
cuppagogo wrote: Thx for sharing, Great camera, looks that plenty in stock 300+ units available
How can u tell there was 300+ units available?
Or are these 300 units all at your local store?
Oct 24, 2019
219 posts
273 upvotes
AdamKing wrote: Not that it's a deal breaker, but interesting HD charge a eco-fee while Amz doesn't
I did not get charged on Apr 16th when I picked up mine... going back for one more.
They work so well. I love the time lapse. might do one every night. Will get another 128 GB card for this one.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
11125 posts
5244 upvotes
I ordered one from amazon yesterday cause i had $5 promo but not getting warranty if needed is not good and that extra $5 might be worth it haha.

So is wyze not doing warranty if you buy from amazon/.?
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1214 posts
124 upvotes
GTA
Ordered! Thanks OP.

How is this thing powered? Battery or electricity-wired?
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2788 posts
2371 upvotes
BC
tokiwadai wrote: Ordered! Thanks OP.

How is this thing powered? Battery or electricity-wired?
Usb cable to AC outlet