• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2020 4:07 am
[OP]
Nov 27, 2015
104 posts
91 upvotes
Calgary/Edmonton

[Home Depot] YMMV Bosch 300 Series Dishwasher 3rd Rack PM to Costco

Not a super hot deal, but I thought it was worth posting if someone is looking for a good dishwasher on a discount.

I was able to purchase the new Bosch 300 Series (SHSM63W55N with 3rd rack) by price matching it to the old discontinued model (SHS63VL5UC without 3rd rack) at Home depot, including free delivery.

Since Home Depot no longer carries the model that Costco carries, they allowed me to price match to the new model with the 3rd rack. Costco and others carry this new model at $1200.

Costco Price Match Source (discontinued model):
https://www.costco.ca/bosch-300-series- ... 66814.html

Home Depot New Model to Price Match Buy:
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/bosch- ... 1001065894

Costco new model:
https://www.costco.ca/bosch-300-series- ... 66813.html
37 replies
Aug 23, 2012
251 posts
54 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Hi inputchip,

Thanks. Am also in Calgary and in the market for a Bosch Dishwasher.
So you were able to get HD to sell you the new model (SHSM63W55N with 3rd rack) for $800 (price of older model SHS63VL5UC at Costco)?

Could you please advise which HD in Calgary you did this at? PM is also good.
Any invoice or receipt (sanitized of course would also help.

Regards
Aug 28, 2016
204 posts
275 upvotes
Thanks OP was just gonna buy a new dishwasher and was reading consumer reports and looks like Bosch is the Cadillac of dishwashers.
Jan 7, 2020
3 posts
38 upvotes
Did you do this in person or online?
Thanks
💳 🇨🇦 AMEX Platinum, Cobalt
MC World Elite: HSBC Jade, BMO, RBC WestJet, PC, Rogers
Visa Infinite: CIBC Aventura, RBC Avion, TD Aeroplan, Scotiabank Momentum
💳 🇺🇸 AMEX Gold
📱 Fido 17 GB/ $65 🖥️ Novus 100↕ $35
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
11121 posts
15346 upvotes
Ottawa
Home Depot price matches Costco ?
Oct 3, 2019
33 posts
53 upvotes
stephroll wrote:
Jan 14th, 2020 5:25 am
Yes they do. I found a fridge at Costco that was only $30 cheaper than Home Depot, they price beat it for an extra 10%. I think it was a $1800 fridge and it ended up being closer to $1600. It took a little convincing but the manager was a nice guy and really wanted a new pro account holder. Passed on the pro membership and still got the fridge discounted. YMMV for price beats like that though, I'm sure most would refuse.
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
10941 posts
2313 upvotes
Kingston
Wow that is a pretty crazy price match which is usually only for the identical item. Especially when Costco has the identical item at the same price.

You're right that it is YMMV. Others would need to find the same misinformed employee to give that price-match.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1308 posts
97 upvotes
Ontario
This is a huge YMMV, as HD isn't supposed to price match Costco, as its a membership retail store. It is in their fine print.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
8237 posts
3427 upvotes
Markham
stephroll wrote:
Very surprised they let you do this. This deal is very YMMV....as they normally do NOT price match Costco because Costco is membership.

Having said that I think Costco is still better place to buy due to return policy (90 days) and warranty. Free tech support and extended 2 yr warranty is included at no cost.

https://www.costco.ca/concierge.html
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
15253 posts
1920 upvotes
Oshawa
Mike2258 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2020 2:21 am
Thanks OP was just gonna buy a new dishwasher and was reading consumer reports and looks like Bosch is the Cadillac of dishwashers.
Yep. But Miele is the Bentley.
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
1484 posts
900 upvotes
Calgary
This is massive YMMV and requires the Home Depot rep to violate their own policies (or be oblivious to the difference in model number, features, etc). Personal opinion, but I don’t think this is a deal worth posting here given that it is similar to a cashier making a one time price error.

OP, congrats on getting quite lucky.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1189 posts
740 upvotes
Orleans, ON
JAC wrote:
Jan 14th, 2020 10:12 pm
Yep. But Miele is the Bentley.
Quiet, fast, and unreliable?

I keed I keed....
[OP]
Nov 27, 2015
104 posts
91 upvotes
Calgary/Edmonton
Not sure why all the downotes, just giving my honest experience. Those of you claiming it is "luck" just don't have the nerve to negotiate with HD. I do this all the time, it is not luck. They have negotiating power.
roopster wrote:
Jan 14th, 2020 1:41 am
Hi inputchip,

Thanks. Am also in Calgary and in the market for a Bosch Dishwasher.
So you were able to get HD to sell you the new model (SHSM63W55N with 3rd rack) for $800 (price of older model SHS63VL5UC at Costco)?

Could you please advise which HD in Calgary you did this at? PM is also good.
Any invoice or receipt (sanitized of course would also help.

Regards
Correct, I went to Beacon Hill NW as it was closest. Ask for Monica if she's there. Should be able to go any.

whysignup wrote:
Jan 14th, 2020 5:09 am
Did you do this in person or online?
Thanks
As far as I know they only price match in-store.
stephroll wrote:
yes, HD matches the new model to Costco's older model.
gbill2004 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2020 5:34 am
X2
In person.
JWL wrote:
Jan 14th, 2020 10:42 am
Wow that is a pretty crazy price match which is usually only for the identical item. Especially when Costco has the identical item at the same price.

You're right that it is YMMV. Others would need to find the same misinformed employee to give that price-match.
It is YMMV, BUT I talked extensively with the appliance rep at HD and she was very informed about what she was doing. She knew I was getting a good deal, but she also knew they are still making money.
Smoothie wrote:
Jan 14th, 2020 10:49 am
This is a huge YMMV, as HD isn't supposed to price match Costco, as its a membership retail store. It is in their fine print.
I've done it multiple times. They do an exact price match as Costco is not a public retailer. They will NOT beat it by 10% though.
jarfgames wrote:
Jan 14th, 2020 10:58 pm
This is massive YMMV and requires the Home Depot rep to violate their own policies (or be oblivious to the difference in model number, features, etc). Personal opinion, but I don’t think this is a deal worth posting here given that it is similar to a cashier making a one time price error.

OP, congrats on getting quite lucky.
The rep I dealt with was very aware of what she was doing. You just need to talk to the person in charge as they have the power to negotiate.
Aug 28, 2016
204 posts
275 upvotes
Contacted HD and they price matched by 10% but would not price match the older model. They only price match the same SKU#. Don’t understand how they let that fly.