Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

YMMV - Dewalt 6 Gal Compressor Kit With 18G Brad Nailer $249 at Home Depot Calgary

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2018 9:56 am
Tags:
None
May 16, 2017
144 posts
71 upvotes
Calgary

[Home Depot] YMMV - Dewalt 6 Gal Compressor Kit With 18G Brad Nailer $249 at Home Depot Calgary

Just saw this special buy at homedepot. Not sure it's a good deal? You may want to check out.
Images
  • image.jpg
Last edited by ironman21 on Jan 13th, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
ironman21 wrote: Just saw this special buy at homedepot. Not sure it's a good deal? You may want to check out.
Please add the price and location to the thread title.
TIA
Nov 12, 2008
200 posts
144 upvotes
Montreal
Seen it at Amazon.ca for 189 $ last month
May 16, 2017
144 posts
71 upvotes
Calgary
With cell phone not sure how to edit the post. Location is Calgary. Price 249.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
ironman21 wrote: With cell phone not sure how to edit the post. Location is Calgary. Price 249.
At the bottom of the post you will see the pencil icon. Press on it to edit the subject (thread title).
Jul 18, 2014
812 posts
1881 upvotes
Tillsonburg ON
just picked up Hyundai 4 Gal. Portable Electric Air Compressor With Air Hose And Kit from walmart for $98.50 its no Dewalt but not bad for under 100 the one at walmart also has a 18G Brad Nailer

http://www.hyundaipower.ca/hhc4gnk.php
Feb 7, 2008
966 posts
358 upvotes
Okanagan
goes regularly on sale at amazon for $199
at least it did last year.
Sep 18, 2017
153 posts
257 upvotes
tatung wrote: Is that good or bad?
Depends on ur use. If you plan to use it to for light tools then ur fine. I try to look for 4.0 at 90 for better coverage of tools useage(i.e removing stubborn lug nuts) just my opinion though, I don't own one yet so others may speak better to it.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1661 posts
511 upvotes
Superman_2099 wrote: I’m looking for a nail gun but I’m so new to this I’m not sure 16 vs 18.

I picked up a ridgid hyperdrive R09892K. It’s a 18V battery powered 16 gauge kit.
Got it at Hd for $250 plus tax.
Here is link. https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.hype ... 28865.html

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
I don't know much but what are you looking to do? If it were me I would spend that money on an aircompressor and an air nail gun. Then you can at least use it to fill tires, and do other things.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1746 posts
1010 upvotes
tatung wrote: I don't know much but what are you looking to do? If it were me I would spend that money on an aircompressor and an air nail gun. Then you can at least use it to fill tires, and do other things.
It was an impulse buy. Family has a dewalt air compressor with gun, but it is massive. I was going to use it for trim, baseboard and crown molding. At least that is all I can think of now. It was the size of the tool and ability to put it in a bag vs lug around a huge compressor.
But you’re right, Multi purpose may be a good idea. In that case I may just borrow the families
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Dealchaser007 wrote: FYI it's 2.6 SCFM delivered at 90 PSI
tatung wrote: Is that good or bad?
IMO, not great. As someone else said, also look for at least 4.0 cfm @ 90. For trim nailing, like the gun included it'll be fine. If you want to use other tools, you may find that you are using your air up pretty quickly with less than stellar power.

Just to give you an idea of typical requirements.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
1391 posts
629 upvotes
Hamilton
Yeah these 2cfm are fine unless you do your own car work but honestly why bother buying this air set when you need a torque wrench anyways and have a 12v air compressor that plugs in.

If i were in the market for a nailer I would just buy those battery powered ones instead.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)