Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

YMMV - EGO 16” chainsaw bare tool only $248 (Clearance)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2020 10:22 am
Dec 8, 2011
351 posts
98 upvotes
Calgary
MK1986 wrote: 2 Brand new 5.0 amp batteries for $500 is a deal or not ?
Which location? Thats a good price!
I called my local HD and batteries are still regular price
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2017
1115 posts
233 upvotes
iverrevi wrote: Which location? Thats a good price!
I called my local HD and batteries are still regular price
Private sale, Whitby, Ontario and saw one in Peterborough,Ontario area as well.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2784 posts
1177 upvotes
Richmond, ON
just did a search for Ego on the HD site.. very minimal return.

maybe when they move to Lowes they may have a promotion, looking at the snow blower.
if you don't ask, the answer is always NO!
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2008
1802 posts
1030 upvotes
Vancouver
SPARTACVS wrote: Might be a HD decision. remember, they are most probably trying hard to push their own brands: Ridgid, Ryobi,
Maybe HD offered EGO such a bad deal that they were virtually forced to find another one.

Personally, I don't understand the exclusive vendor strategy.

I'm not happy about EGO moving to lowes because we don't have them in Québec and we don't know if Rona will carry the brand.
All about wanting to make more $$$ and having the leverage to be able to do it. Building brand loyalty (that you own) is worth something.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4658 posts
567 upvotes
We bought a mix of Ego Products this summer including lawn mower, leaf blower, and trimmer. All excellent. Even my father in law who said a battery-powered lawnmower made no sense and refused to touch it, has relented and is now using it regularly.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2017
1115 posts
233 upvotes
I have most of EGO products except the chain saw & the edger !
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1137 posts
1082 upvotes
Mooooonnn
MK1986 wrote: I have most of EGO products except the chain saw & the edger !
Same here.

Looking to buy a chainsaw but $250 is still not appealing enough as I rarely use it as a regular homeowner with less than 10 trees in my property. May pull the trigger when it is below $180.

I don’t need an edger as the string trimmer did a well job on edging.

Generally I find lawn mower and leaf blower is very useful and works perfectly (except for older model of leaf blower with the turbo button stuck)

The hedge trimmer is ok but can not handle if the branch is too stick/hard

String trimmer is good but the head has problem sometimes and does not auto feed the line properly.

Snowblower is powerful but has some limitation, especially scraper on interlock/edges on the side walk. It bumps a lot.

Battery and charger is perfect and powerful enough.
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Nov 6, 2013
409 posts
279 upvotes
Poor decision by HD. EGO products are solid, who cares about exclusivity..

EGO products are so good that I'm thinking about getting their snow blower.. any thoughts about it?
Last edited by fredkins on Jul 28th, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
anshiren wrote: Same here.

Looking to buy a chainsaw but $250 is still not appealing enough as I rarely use it as a regular homeowner with less than 10 trees in my property. May pull the trigger when it is below $180.

Generally I find lawn mower and leaf blower is very useful and works perfectly (except for older model of leaf blower with the turbo button stuck)

String trimmer is good but the head has problem sometimes and does not auto feed the line properly.

Snowblower is powerful but has some limitation, especially scraper on interlock/edges on the side walk. It bumps a lot.

Boy am I gonna help you.

The Home Depot at Leslie and Elgin Mills has the chainsaws on clearance for $150.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1137 posts
1082 upvotes
Mooooonnn

Anikiri wrote: Boy am I gonna help you.

The Home Depot at Leslie and Elgin Mills has the chainsaws on clearance for $150.
Hold my beer, on my way out there...
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
9475 posts
1610 upvotes
The black and decker 20v and 40v chainsaws aren't too bad for very occasional work. They are DIRT cheap on amazon at certain times of the yr. I got my 40v one https://www.amazon.ca/LCS1240-40-volt-C ... 231&sr=8-3 for $90 last yr w/40v battery.

If I see free logs around my neighboorhood for free I'll grab a few and chop them up. Does fine but kinda eats oil for lunch.

This EGO chainsaw is an amazing deal btw.

...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
3279 posts
1272 upvotes
Montreal
jyu67 wrote:

Does this mean HD will be clearing out ego products??
No. at least not for now it seems. It's pretty much YMMV.
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 3S |
Jul 10, 2019
223 posts
234 upvotes
All I know is ego is basically never on sale at HD in Canada. Maybe it'll be different with Lowe's. I know in the US, Ego's are on sale all the time.

I picked up a 21" ego mower that is still $800ish after Texas today, for $400 canadian, that includes the exchange, taxes, drive down to border parcel services and that fee. That was 3 yrs ago.
Sep 26, 2012
332 posts
235 upvotes
Edmonton
No clearance tags on any ego stuff at the south Edmonton common home depot today
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1137 posts
1082 upvotes
Mooooonnn
MK1986 wrote: I have most of EGO products except the chain saw & the edger !
Anikiri wrote:
Boy am I gonna help you.

Thank you! Scored one CS1600 (16inch) bare tool chainsaw on sale from $248 to $150, in plain box @Leslie & Elgin Mills HD.
Two left on shelves at 19:30pm.
A lot of 14inches chainsaw with smaller battery kit on clearance from $350 to $250, in black boxes.
Both model are at clearance section (they don’t even show it in HD’s own inventory system)
Also saw one heavily used leaf blower, no price tag.

All the rest ego product at original price. Asked staff they say it was a shame but no news on when they will clear out items
Last edited by anshiren on Jul 29th, 2020 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
Feb 23, 2017
308 posts
255 upvotes
sleepyguy wrote: The black and decker 20v and 40v chainsaws aren't too bad for very occasional work. They are DIRT cheap on amazon at certain times of the yr. I got my 40v one https://www.amazon.ca/LCS1240-40-volt-C ... 231&sr=8-3 for $90 last yr w/40v battery.

If I see free logs around my neighboorhood for free I'll grab a few and chop them up. Does fine but kinda eats oil for lunch.

This EGO chainsaw is an amazing deal btw.
I'd probably buy the black and decker at that price and I don't even know why. I have a black and decker trimmer sure. But that's all. I don't even really need a chainsaw lol.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2017
1115 posts
233 upvotes
If anyone see EGO chain saw for $150 in Durham region or Peterborough region , Kindly let me know.
Thanks.
Mar 20, 2017
754 posts
1846 upvotes
I love Lowe’s. HD would only sell EGO at retail, most of the time. But you’ll get your regular 5% or occasional 15% contractors discount at Lowe’s.
May 26, 2018
135 posts
61 upvotes
If anyone in Winnipeg spots a string trimmer on sale, please let me know.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1137 posts
1082 upvotes
Mooooonnn
Elysianlight wrote: I'd probably buy the black and decker at that price and I don't even know why. I have a black and decker trimmer sure. But that's all. I don't even really need a chainsaw lol.
E39M62 wrote: I love Lowe’s. HD would only sell EGO at retail, most of the time. But you’ll get your regular 5% or occasional 15% contractors discount at Lowe’s.
Won’t they exclude ego from the sale?

HD also have 10-15%, or save tax event once or twice a year, no?
1. Buy cheap, buy twice