YMMV Milwaukee 2982-20 8" Metal Saw 319, Reg 529

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2022 8:29 pm
[OP]
Sep 2, 2010
171 posts
372 upvotes

[Home Depot] YMMV Milwaukee 2982-20 8" Metal Saw 319, Reg 529

Price not showing online or on stock track. I put YMMV because I spotted it in a single store: Shawnessy.

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=hd&sku=1001540033

Reviews say it's hard to find 8"blades but local building stores seem to have lots and different types.

I also read a few reviews discussing the squareness of the base. My tests with what I had around the garage showed square cuts.

This is a bit of a niche tool honestly but if you have metal to cut, this and a mitring jig is more versatile than a cold cut saw. In terms of power the manual rates it for up to 1"thick steel plate, which is nuts. Have fun.
Images
  • 20220122_233342.jpg
12 replies
Nov 28, 2013
118 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto
Great tip! Awesome videos from steelworkers using it. I cut metal from time to time and hate grinders and hacksaws so always wanted a slow turning high torque metal saw.

I am at the cottage and checked the HomeDepot website for stock in Bracebridge and... nothing.

Lo and behold when I went in and was checking out noticed one on a toolbox near the cashier.

$150!!!!!

I'm on the M12 program so no M18 batteries but grabbed it for the future when I need to use it. For $150 it will pay for itself in a couple cuts!
Images
  • M18 Metal Saw.jpg
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1269 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
Can't you just put a Diablo Steel Demon on a regular circular saw?
Dec 25, 2021
25 posts
7 upvotes
clinteast wrote: Great tip! Awesome videos from steelworkers using it. I cut metal from time to time and hate grinders and hacksaws so always wanted a slow turning high torque metal saw.

I am at the cottage and checked the HomeDepot website for stock in Bracebridge and... nothing.

Lo and behold when I went in and was checking out noticed one on a toolbox near the cashier.

$150!!!!!

I'm on the M12 program so no M18 batteries but grabbed it for the future when I need to use it. For $150 it will pay for itself in a couple cuts!
Great find ,which location? Bracebridge? I am currently looking for one, can you post your receipt ?or receipt number? thanks a lot
Last edited by jameskalo on Jan 24th, 2022 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Sep 2, 2010
171 posts
372 upvotes
blueangel2323 wrote: Can't you just put a Diablo Steel Demon on a regular circular saw?
Yes, for a while. Metal saws are designed to run at lower speeds through more resistance but most importantly, the saw is designed to keep the fine metal filings out of the motor. If you have a cut or two to do then roll the dice but understand that you are taking a chance.
Jul 3, 2020
71 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto,ON
This has actually been on clearance at this price for quite a while at most HD locations in the GTA. So likely stock will be low, I’ve never seen a product sit at clearance pricing for so long at HD. So not surprising if it’s marked down even cheaper at the odd location that has it
[OP]
Sep 2, 2010
171 posts
372 upvotes
I guess the YMMV is how much more mileage you get than OP.
Dec 5, 2013
276 posts
78 upvotes
jameskalo wrote: Great find ,which location? Bracebridge? I am currently looking for one, can you post your receipt ?or receipt number? thanks a lot
Not everyone s willing take effort to post receipt. There will be always clearance later on,good steal always around, I guess this type of saw,the blade is hard to find or relative expensive,cs not very common use i believe. if you do not use it very often ,why you choose cordless one? the battery is expensive and it has the life time.if you only use few times in a year ,just get corded one,you never need to remember to charge the battery . the new model will release and eventually they will be cleared again. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Dec 25, 2021
25 posts
7 upvotes
creosole wrote: I guess the YMMV is how much more mileage you get than OP.
good find,thanks for your picture
Nov 28, 2013
118 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto
jameskalo wrote: Great find ,which location? Bracebridge? I am currently looking for one, can you post your receipt ?or receipt number? thanks a lot
They only had the one at Bracebridge. I called Orillia and Huntsville Home Depot to see if there was another one for my friend... but nothing in stock.

The receipt is now up at the cottage so can't post a pic.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6324 posts
2247 upvotes
Calgary
anybody seen any in Calgary? there's 5 at chinook, but i'm over an hour away, i dont want to go there for nothing.

(edit, i went there myself, they still have 5, but they're still at 320, it's a cool tool, but something i definitely don't need, I'd probably buy one around 250 if it drops again)
Last edited by T3rry on Jan 26th, 2022 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 25, 2021
25 posts
7 upvotes
clinteast wrote: They only had the one at Bracebridge. I called Orillia and Huntsville Home Depot to see if there was another one for my friend... but nothing in stock.

The receipt is now up at the cottage so can't post a pic.
Thank you so much,if you get chance in future visiting cottage again,please post your receipt,or PM .That will really help me to find,I appreciate your help.
Yeah,It seems discontinued , hope you can find good deal for the battery also .thanks