Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

YMMV - RIDGID - 2-1/8 Inch Brad Nailer/ 2 1/2 Inch Straight Finish Nailer Combo - $149

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2017 2:30 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 30, 2015
110 posts
214 upvotes
Brossard, QC

[Home Depot] YMMV - RIDGID - 2-1/8 Inch Brad Nailer/ 2 1/2 Inch Straight Finish Nailer Combo - $149

This was marked down at Home Depot Greenfield Park.

The combo includes

Model # R250SFE - 16-Gauge 2-1/2 in. Straight Nailer which is $249 currently.

Model # R213BNE - 18-Gauge 2-1/8 in. Brad Nailer wich is $149 currently.

Store Location:
Home Depot Greenfield Park #7152
500 Avenue Auguste,
Greenfield Park, QC J4V 3R4
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
89 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3734 posts
913 upvotes
Hamilton
Thanks for the post. Was waiting for a sale on a Brad nailer. This is even better. My local HD had them on a end cap but priced at 250. Rang up at 150
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2320 posts
1673 upvotes
SW Ontario
I've owned these for years, and they work excellent ... this is a great deal, especially life time warranty too!
I'd rather be outdoors camping, kayaking, and mountain biking ...
[OP]
Aug 30, 2015
110 posts
214 upvotes
Brossard, QC
adblink182 wrote: Thanks for the post. Was waiting for a sale on a Brad nailer. This is even better. My local HD had them on a end cap but priced at 250. Rang up at 150
I'm glad you were able to pick it up.
Nov 13, 2007
533 posts
269 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks OP, saw them at the HD in GFP.
I don't need them at the moment, but I'm hoping the price will drop even further soon enough.

I was debating between traditional pneumatic nailer, or the 18v Ryobi/Ridgid cordless nailers.

I had the chance yesterday of holding both the pneumatics in this combo deal, and also the Ryobi and Ridgid cordless equivalents. I must say the cordless' weigh a ton, and can't see myself using it for extended amounts of time. Big, bulky, huge, heavy and unwieldy. Not practical, especially for tight spaces. BUT, they are cordless, and that always counts for something! Until they come out with lighter weight/miniturized versions, I'd soon rather stick with the traditional corded pneumatic versions.

so for now... patiently waiting for the price to come down further. I can't imagine as much demand for these kits as say drill/driver/saw combo kits.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1289 posts
511 upvotes
ol' dirty ewok wrote: Thanks OP, saw them at the HD in GFP.
I don't need them at the moment, but I'm hoping the price will drop even further soon enough.

I was debating between traditional pneumatic nailer, or the 18v Ryobi/Ridgid cordless nailers.

I had the chance yesterday of holding both the pneumatics in this combo deal, and also the Ryobi and Ridgid cordless equivalents. I must say the cordless' weigh a ton, and can't see myself using it for extended amounts of time. Big, bulky, huge, heavy and unwieldy. Not practical, especially for tight spaces. BUT, they are cordless, and that always counts for something! Until they come out with lighter weight/miniturized versions, I'd soon rather stick with the traditional corded pneumatic versions.

so for now... patiently waiting for the price to come down further. I can't imagine as much demand for these kits as say drill/driver/saw combo kits.
This kit is already so cheap. Worth it just to buy the 16 gauge nailer alone and sell the Brad nailer if not needed. These are still popular household tools.
"A festivus for the rest of us"

Items for Sale:
Nov 13, 2007
533 posts
269 upvotes
Montreal
dling7 wrote: This kit is already so cheap. Worth it just to buy the 16 gauge nailer alone and sell the Brad nailer if not needed. These are still popular household tools.
I agree it's already cheap... I'm just waiting for it to cheaper like how the Ridgid Drill/Driver w/ hardcase dropped from an already clearance price of $120.

As for it being a popular household tool, well that's all relative. Hobby and Pro Woodworkers, carpenters, contractors, furniture makers. I agree should all have these in their arsenal, as these are used day in and day out by them. But there's only so much trim/ogee's a regular household person can install in 1 house, then it gets put back on the shelf till another reno calls for it.

I am aware that in some situations, nails/pins are called for and are better for those circumstances. But in a pinch, screws and a driver can do the work of a nailer. It may not be pretty or elegant (and it may be temporary), but it'll get the job done of fastening 1 material to another.
Nov 13, 2007
533 posts
269 upvotes
Montreal
Well it's that time again...
HD just dropped the price to $125 for this kit. 25$ lower, is not much... But it's a start. Should be for all stores, but call ahead just in case.

Let the price adjustments begin! I was refunded the original 150, then recharged 125.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1945 posts
932 upvotes
Scarborough
does this set come with a case? too bad i already own a 18 ga brad nailer..
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3734 posts
913 upvotes
Hamilton
no, no case.

I bought it for $150 as well. Going to try and bring mine back for an adjustment. Will they do a price adjustment if that store is out of stock of the product?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5545 posts
2329 upvotes
Toronto
Dewalt or Ridgid?

I just need a 18 gauge finish nailer
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5403 posts
2639 upvotes
damn, was going to get a cordless nailer for finishing the basement baseboards but this is so cheap... don't have a compressor or any other pneumatic tools though...
Aug 24, 2011
199 posts
140 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
The line doesn't work,and can't found it on the website! :-(
Oct 26, 2011
469 posts
212 upvotes
Thanks, just picked up at Calgary Chinook. Stock count on the computer said they had 9 left. SKU is 1001023109. It was hiding in the middle aisle with the regular tools instead of with the rest of the air tools.
Apr 29, 2010
78 posts
38 upvotes
toronto
I have PC, but i really want this...ridgid is great!
Nov 13, 2007
533 posts
269 upvotes
Montreal
BenK wrote: damn, was going to get a cordless nailer for finishing the basement baseboards but this is so cheap... don't have a compressor or any other pneumatic tools though...
The cordless nailers cost an arm and leg. Big, bulky, and heavy.. Hard to nail in tighter spots. But it seems like you are at a crossroad. With no compressor or other air tools, you'd have to at least get a compressor along with the nail gun combo. The cost of a compressor with the clearance 18/16 awg nail guns will be more or less the same price of the cordless nailer depending on which one you go with. But then you're stuck with a compressor you may have no use for (aside from nailing trim/ogee).

Tough decisions lay ahead my friend.
Sep 10, 2009
217 posts
93 upvotes
bought the brad nailer full price. I love it.

Do not use "Benchmark" brad nails though, they would jam every 1-2 nails.
Oct 12, 2011
101 posts
38 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
For anyone in Vancouver that is looking for this. The Home Depot on Terminal had a shopping cart full of these. I believe their price was $129.
Nov 21, 2009
473 posts
274 upvotes
Moncton
My Home Depot sold out of their shipment so no bueno for me. Not bothered really since I already have a Dewalt 18GA brad nailer and 16GA nails appear to be really close to the 18GA; they look almost like a bigger brad as opposed to a "finish nail". After doing some reading, I think if I ever get a finish nailer, I'll go for a 15GA "DA" style gun.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2351 posts
949 upvotes
London
BenK wrote: damn, was going to get a cordless nailer for finishing the basement baseboards but this is so cheap... don't have a compressor or any other pneumatic tools though...
The porter cable cordless is $200 at Lowe's right now. Great nailer, have it and the 16 gauge.