YMMV - Ridgid Octane 18V Brushless Oscillating - $49.00

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2021 1:07 pm
49 replies
Aug 27, 2018
57 posts
85 upvotes
Great find.
Do you know if the stocktrack relly works for those ?
Jun 12, 2018
702 posts
937 upvotes
Ontario
Great buy if your into Ridgid. These things are awesome
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1093 posts
1046 upvotes
smri3225 wrote: Great find.
Do you know if the stocktrack relly works for those ?
The last few days stock track I've found to be really bad with HD pricing and availability. It's definitely not reflecting in-store pricing properly based on what I've seen on RFD the last few weeks.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1093 posts
1046 upvotes
stevo88 wrote: Great buy if your into Ridgid. These things are awesome
I have the original jobmax 18v that requires a separate key and it drives me nuts....also forgot to register the warranty. If you're looking at getting into Ridgid or already are it's a no brainer.
Jul 7, 2018
150 posts
123 upvotes
GTA
Great price, I bought this with the battery promo a few weeks back and it ends up to be 79$ if you return the battery.

The quick snap on lever makes changing attachment so much easier. The only issue I have with this model is that it doesn't have speed control dial. You'll have to get used to controlling the oscillation with the trigger.
Dec 20, 2010
361 posts
450 upvotes
Ottawa
kronos288 wrote: The last few days stock track I've found to be really bad with HD pricing and availability. It's definitely not reflecting in-store pricing properly based on what I've seen on RFD the last few weeks.
It hasn't shown the instore price for many items since at least January from experience. I think that HomeDepot now has the ability to have an instore price that does not show up on their website. What the website has listed is what StockTrack will show.
With the type of tag displayed here I bet the price is not even programmed into the POS systems and needs to be adjusted by the Cashier to be 49$ by setting it as slow moving and getting the manager to approve.

If the tag has the sale price on the Left and the original on the right it is marked down in their POS system. The tag in OP's post is Regular price first so it is done by an employee or manager on select items and needs to be manually adjusted.
Jul 22, 2015
834 posts
1726 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Compunerd wrote: It hasn't shown the instore price for many items since at least January from experience. I think that HomeDepot now has the ability to have an instore price that does not show up on their website. What the website has listed is what StockTrack will show.
With the type of tag displayed here I bet the price is not even programmed into the POS systems and needs to be adjusted by the Cashier to be 49$ by setting it as slow moving and getting the manager to approve.

If the tag has the sale price on the Left and the original on the right it is marked down in their POS system. The tag in OP's post is Regular price first so it is done by an employee or manager on select items and needs to be manually adjusted.
I don't think the availably is the same either.

Niagara has the 5 PC kit (399) and the Hammer drill (198) on clearance but the Stocktrack shows none
Dec 20, 2010
361 posts
450 upvotes
Ottawa
Superjester wrote: I don't think the availably is the same either.

Niagara has the 5 PC kit (399) and the Hammer drill (198) on clearance but the Stocktrack shows none
Correct there comes a point in the clearance process where the stock is pulled from the website and stocktrack. At first it will be coded as limited availability and stock track can still see it. Then it moves to not available in your area or not sold in stores and StockTrack cannot see it even if there are many in-store.
Jul 22, 2015
834 posts
1726 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Compunerd wrote: Correct there comes a point in the clearance process where the stock is pulled from the website and stocktrack. At first it will be coded as limited availability and stock track can still see it. Then it moves to not available in your area or not sold in stores and StockTrack cannot see it even if there are many in-store.
Stocktrack showed 0
And the website shows "Limited stock in Niagara falls"

I've been eyeing it waiting for it to drop to $299. And just assumed that once the stock went down they dropped the price and people were buying them up.

So in Stocktrack it went to 5 to 3 to 1 to zero.
But none have been sold in the store.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
1548 posts
636 upvotes
+1 on the fact that this tool is awesome...super hot deal at this price.
Apr 27, 2018
17 posts
437 upvotes
Great price. I got one of these last year during the free battery promo. Paired with a Max output battery this thing is awesome.

The only issue I had was the need to buy several different attachments. 🤦🏽🤦🏽
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2018
1127 posts
1663 upvotes
Mickey rourkes futon
Can i buy this online somehow
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2561 posts
1848 upvotes
zehcnasj wrote: Great price. I got one of these last year during the free battery promo. Paired with a Max output battery this thing is awesome.

The only issue I had was the need to buy several different attachments. 🤦🏽🤦🏽
What's the max output battery
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3077 posts
2380 upvotes
Joymax wrote: Great price, I bought this with the battery promo a few weeks back and it ends up to be 79$ if you return the battery.

The quick snap on lever makes changing attachment so much easier. The only issue I have with this model is that it doesn't have speed control dial. You'll have to get used to controlling the oscillation with the trigger.
How does this partial return work? Do you return the battery and the charger kit without receipt? How much do you get for the starter kit?
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you