Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

YMMV - Ridgid Octane 18V Brushless Oscillating - $49.00

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2021 1:07 pm
Apr 9, 2018
457 posts
202 upvotes
GTA
Fyi I called a bunch of locations in the GTA and asked them the price whether they had it in stock or not. Most locations (pickering, Ellesmere) reported $119.99 in store and a couple (Yorkdale, Whitby south) reported $74.99. As @Compunerd mentioned
this price looks to be store specific to Ancaster. O well.
Nov 23, 2014
11 posts
4 upvotes
Bedford, NS
Has anyone found of of these? There are non in the Maritimes.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6781 posts
4348 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered one online for $149. Did a return a rebuy at a store that sells for $74.50.

Using the regular 4Ah battery and it's pretty useful around the house. Had to sand the door hinge because it was lob sided. Used it on lock hole to enlarge it.

Currently looking for a ratchet attachment but is no where to be found at normal price.
Nov 23, 2014
11 posts
4 upvotes
Bedford, NS
When did you find it online? I don't see any available or I would the same.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2008
1040 posts
414 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks @kronos288. Was able to pick up a used open box for same price. It was the last one at Brampton West HD
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6781 posts
4348 upvotes
Toronto
ScottU wrote: When did you find it online? I don't see any available or I would the same.
There were some last week.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1117 posts
1077 upvotes
toxicheadshot wrote: Can you share the receipt
I will upload shortly (prefer to blank out parts that can be used for the lsa).

Tbh...I can't believe anyone can ever get a price match that way. I've never personally been able to nor anyone I know.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2008
1040 posts
414 upvotes
Toronto
sidde0 wrote: Thanks @kronos288. Was able to pick up a used open box for same price. It was the last one at Brampton West HD
Uploading receipt
Images
  • D8966635-5DB3-49D5-ACAB-87DBD5AEEF9F.jpeg
Nov 17, 2020
254 posts
279 upvotes
kronos288 wrote: I will upload shortly (prefer to blank out parts that can be used for the lsa).

Tbh...I can't believe anyone can ever get a price match that way. I've never personally been able to nor anyone I know.
+1 Thank you @kronos288 I did PM in past for Ridgid Combo Kit using receipt in the Pickering store. It will works most of the time again depends on the person at the counter.
Last edited by toxicheadshot on Sep 1st, 2021 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2008
1040 posts
414 upvotes
Toronto
toxicheadshot wrote: +1 Thank you @kronos288 I was able to PM before using receipt in the store. It really helpful and depends on the person at the counter.
Would you like to update which store in order to help others?
Nov 17, 2020
254 posts
279 upvotes
sidde0 wrote: Would you like to update which store in order to help others?
Sorry for the confusion. I updated my post.
Nov 23, 2014
11 posts
4 upvotes
Bedford, NS
Would another store ship to my local store if I find it in stock there?
Nov 23, 2014
11 posts
4 upvotes
Bedford, NS
I'm also hearing the Octane brand is being discontinued, so I think there will be more of these Ridgid items going on clearance. If anyone sees this happening, please keep the group informed.
Apr 9, 2018
457 posts
202 upvotes
GTA
I've also never had success with a receipt. Tried a few times.
kronos288 wrote: I will upload shortly (prefer to blank out parts that can be used for the lsa).

Feb 16, 2011
701 posts
269 upvotes
Hashim85 wrote: Fyi I called a bunch of locations in the GTA and asked them the price whether they had it in stock or not. Most locations (pickering, Ellesmere) reported $119.99 in store and a couple (Yorkdale, Whitby south) reported $74.99. As @Compunerd mentioned
this price looks to be store specific to Ancaster. O well.
Saw this model at the Morningside HD clearance section for $74.99 several weeks ago. Haven't seen any since then so assume they cleared them all out already at that price...
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15129 upvotes
peteryorkuca wrote: I ordered one online for $149. Did a return a rebuy at a store that sells for $74.50.
Nice grab, I just want to find it at a store for $75 or less as I don't want to do a song and dance with returning & rebuying...
peteryorkuca wrote: Currently looking for a ratchet attachment but is no where to be found at normal price.
Ahahaha :lol: Sorry not laughing at you ;) but just the thought of getting this. For whatever reason Ridgid discontinued it years ago and was probably cleared out at like $30-40. After that they started being scalped on eBay etc. for like $80-100 USD. Then Australian sellers were selling to Americans the AEG equivalent which was cheaper but after shipping and stuff would easily end up the same or more--only supply was plentiful.

Now it has just gone bananas and makes absolutely zero sense. I think I seen these things going for like $200+ USD on eBay these days, the original Ridgid ones. You can easily find a [much better] Milwaukee Fuel ratchet entire tool for these kind of prices, which makes the attachment an unreasonable buy. Also Ryobi has a good ratchet available at a cheap price too. I'm not sure what fool would buy one from these eBay jokers, esp. in the US where they have other great cheap choices like Kobalt, HF, and the new Hart one that just released that they can pickup at any Walmart. Full kit ratchets (i.e. with battery/charger) in the US are going for cheaper everyday in stores than this ludicrous JobMax ratchet attachment. The Australian AEG sellers have abandoned eBay US listings too, either because AEG discontinued it too or because they're not getting any sales because there's so many other better full-tool offerings these days for power ratchets. Let's also not forget all the off-brand China ones you can find on eBay, where even if the batteries aren't compatible with anything else, are still cheaper and better buys than this vapourware attachment.

I don't even understand the basis on which they are listed for such ludicrous prices. I mean it's not like an old videogame or LP/record or something that have "retro resurgence" and have sentimental and nostalgic values attached. It's just a damn tool attachment, not even that old or that great, that Ridgid happened to discontinue. The great thing about it was that it was a relatively cheap attachment you could use as an alternative to buying a pricey full-tool ratchet. Heck in some versions of the JobMax it came included in the box or was a free add-on IIRC. These days there's all kinds of full-tool ratchets to chose from, going from cheap to expensive. So this attachment is totally irrelevant which means it's very puzzling how people try to sell them for so much today.

Just put the ratchet attachment out of your mind, you'll never get one at any price that makes any sense. Barring finding someone that has it at a yard/estate sale or something and has no idea what it is/what it sells for and wants like $20-30 for it, I'd just fugghetaboutit. Just get either the Ryobi or get an M12 one whenever the promos are good. On a side note I don't get why Lowes here is so shit for Kobalt tools--we have some but not what they get in the US and not the prices either. Same with Walmart and Hart--no Hart tools here at all, while in the US they have a crap ton of them already and it's basically just like a blue and white Ryobi.