Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

YMMV - Ridgid Octane 18V Brushless Oscillating - $49.00

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2021 1:07 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3631 posts
2290 upvotes
West Coast
ES_Revenge wrote: Nice grab, I just want to find it at a store for $75 or less as I don't want to do a song and dance with returning & rebuying...

Ahahaha :lol: Sorry not laughing at you ;) but just the thought of getting this. For whatever reason Ridgid discontinued it years ago and was probably cleared out at like $30-40. After that they started being scalped on eBay etc. for like $80-100 USD. Then Australian sellers were selling to Americans the AEG equivalent which was cheaper but after shipping and stuff would easily end up the same or more--only supply was plentiful.

Now it has just gone bananas and makes absolutely zero sense. I think I seen these things going for like $200+ USD on eBay these days, the original Ridgid ones. You can easily find a [much better] Milwaukee Fuel ratchet entire tool for these kind of prices, which makes the attachment an unreasonable buy. Also Ryobi has a good ratchet available at a cheap price too. I'm not sure what fool would buy one from these eBay jokers, esp. in the US where they have other great cheap choices like Kobalt, HF, and the new Hart one that just released that they can pickup at any Walmart. Full kit ratchets (i.e. with battery/charger) in the US are going for cheaper everyday in stores than this ludicrous JobMax ratchet attachment. The Australian AEG sellers have abandoned eBay US listings too, either because AEG discontinued it too or because they're not getting any sales because there's so many other better full-tool offerings these days for power ratchets. Let's also not forget all the off-brand China ones you can find on eBay, where even if the batteries aren't compatible with anything else, are still cheaper and better buys than this vapourware attachment.

I don't even understand the basis on which they are listed for such ludicrous prices. I mean it's not like an old videogame or LP/record or something that have "retro resurgence" and have sentimental and nostalgic values attached. It's just a damn tool attachment, not even that old or that great, that Ridgid happened to discontinue. The great thing about it was that it was a relatively cheap attachment you could use as an alternative to buying a pricey full-tool ratchet. Heck in some versions of the JobMax it came included in the box or was a free add-on IIRC. These days there's all kinds of full-tool ratchets to chose from, going from cheap to expensive. So this attachment is totally irrelevant which means it's very puzzling how people try to sell them for so much today.

Just put the ratchet attachment out of your mind, you'll never get one at any price that makes any sense. Barring finding someone that has it at a yard/estate sale or something and has no idea what it is/what it sells for and wants like $20-30 for it, I'd just fugghetaboutit. Just get either the Ryobi or get an M12 one whenever the promos are good. On a side note I don't get why Lowes here is so shit for Kobalt tools--we have some but not what they get in the US and not the prices either. Same with Walmart and Hart--no Hart tools here at all, while in the US they have a crap ton of them already and it's basically just like a blue and white Ryobi.
Sorry, but it's late, so can you offer a TL:DR summary for your post? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15131 upvotes
Richfields wrote: Sorry, but it's late, so can you offer a TL:DR summary for your post? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
LOL not sure if serious but yeah the ratchet attachment is vapourware at this point. They stopped making it and people ask ludicrous money for them on eBay, etc. Prices that are above buying a full-tool ratchet from other brands. So, makes zero sense to seek out/buy the ratchet attachment for a Ridgid Jobmax tool.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3096 posts
3466 upvotes
Montreal
ES_Revenge wrote: LOL not sure if serious but yeah the ratchet attachment is vapourware at this point. They stopped making it and people ask ludicrous money for them on eBay, etc. Prices that are above buying a full-tool ratchet from other brands. So, makes zero sense to seek out/buy the ratchet attachment for a Ridgid Jobmax tool.
It can be found on amazon.co.uk from AEG for ~70$
<no self promotion>
Mar 31, 2017
591 posts
571 upvotes
Did anyone spotted cheap AEG battery charger for Ridgid batteries!!
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15131 upvotes
SquadG wrote: It can be found on amazon.co.uk from AEG for ~70$
Ah never thought to check there. Edit: Now I just checked but can't see any there with shipping set to Canada?

Still, if you look at what you can get a Milwaukee 2457 (non-Fuel 3/8") for in the promos, it's around that that I think. Actually in the last promo (which wasn't a great one) with return trick you could get the 2457 for $75, which is an entire tool and not just an attachment head. Granted this is w/o any battery or charger, but still at least it's a whole tool. M12 is also good to get into anyway as there are a ton of useful tools in the platform.

There have been promos with the Fuel 2557 version as well--I can't remember now but I think I got mine for around $120 that way I wanna say, maybe +/- $10. Next "good" promo maybe they'll have the high-speed 2567...which I won't be buying or at least I keep telling myself lol.

The Ryobi 1/4" is only like $50 in the promo, returning the battery kit; heck even if keeping it it's still only $100. They only have the 1/4" in the promo though, the 3/8" is not included unfortunately. Still the tool-only reg. price of the 3/8" is $100--I think I'd rather buy that than an attachment head for $70. The attachment would be great at like $40, but once that price starts increasing the alternatives become better ideas, even if they sometimes cost a little more.
Last edited by ES_Revenge on Sep 11th, 2021 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15131 upvotes
Capindy wrote: Did anyone spotted cheap AEG battery charger for Ridgid batteries!!
Were you the guy looking for the 240V charger? Because otherwise I don't really see a reason to seek out an AEG charger when Ridgid chargers are plentiful over here.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3096 posts
3466 upvotes
Montreal
ES_Revenge wrote: Ah never thought to check there. Edit: Now I just checked but can't see any there with shipping set to Canada?

Still, if you look at what you can get a Milwaukee 2457 (non-Fuel 3/8") for in the promos, it's around that that I think. Actually in the last promo (which wasn't a great one) with return trick you could get the 2457 for $75, which is an entire tool and not just an attachment head. Granted this is w/o any battery or charger, but still at least it's a whole tool. M12 is also good to get into anyway as there are a ton of useful tools in the platform.

There have been promos with the Fuel 2557 version as well--I can't remember now but I think I got mine for around $120 that way I wanna say, maybe +/- $10. Next "good" promo maybe they'll have the high-speed 2567...which I won't be buying or at least I keep telling myself lol.

The Ryobi 1/4" is only like $50 in the promo, returning the battery kit; heck even if keeping it it's still only $100. They only have the 1/4" in the promo though, the 3/8" is not included unfortunately. Still the tool-only reg. price of the 3/8" is $100--I think I'd rather buy that than an attachment head for $70. The attachment would be great at like $40, but once that price starts increasing the alternatives become better ideas, even if they sometimes cost a little more.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aeg-Omni-IR-He ... 871&sr=8-2

I said 70 but its a bit more expensive then when I saw it last time, its actually 150 once converted... It was 35 pounds few months ago
<no self promotion>
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15131 upvotes
SquadG wrote: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aeg-Omni-IR-He ... 871&sr=8-2

I said 70 but its a bit more expensive then when I saw it last time, its actually 150 once converted... It was 35 pounds few months ago
Yeah that's kind of what I was saying, same thing happened with the "Australian sellers" on eBay--first they were selling them for what was still an expensive price but was around what people were asking for Ridgid ones at the time. Now the Australian sources seem to have disappeared (again probably because no one was buying at those prices) leaving nutjobs to try selling their "rare" Ridgid parts for like $200 :rolleyes: That kind of money, in the US, will buy you a 2457 + 2x 6.0 batteries + charger SB kit, so yeah dunno what those eBay guys are thinking. Rare or not it's not worth even half that.
Dec 31, 2020
34 posts
21 upvotes
On the home depot website, if your selected store says out of stock for this tool, does that mean they no longer have the clearance price? I called Yorkdale and they said the price was $149, but I didn't ask if it was their clearance price.
Aug 28, 2010
48 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
so does anyone know where else is selling this for $79? i tried calling Yorkdale too but they said "we're out of stock", without telling me the price...