Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

YMMV Ryobi 18v 150W Inverter Local Markdown Guelph ($60-80)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2022 8:08 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3213 posts
3155 upvotes

[Home Depot] YMMV Ryobi 18v 150W Inverter Local Markdown Guelph ($60-80)

Found 5 items in stock with yellow labels marked down to $80 in Guelph for Ryobi 18v 150w Inverter RYi150BG. Asked to get additional $20 off on checkout. So final sale price of $60+tax. Not a bad deal. Original price is $100.
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2006
6691 posts
899 upvotes
Murica
Not bad. This is the old model. New model is the one with usb c, not in Canada yet.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2846 posts
2536 upvotes
Ontario
maniacshopper wrote: Not bad. This is the old model. New model is the one with usb c, not in Canada yet.
Don't think it's anywhere yet.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
3749 posts
6586 upvotes
Calgary
I got this to pair with a 9.0 Ah for camping and road trips. Very handy unit.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1705 posts
1792 upvotes
maniacshopper wrote: Not bad. This is the old model. New model is the one with usb c, not in Canada yet.
CaptainCrash wrote: Don't think it's anywhere yet.
Ya at this point it's more of a myth.

I have both this and the 40v inverter. Both work fine within their limits. I got mine 18v one for about $50 from direct tools though.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3213 posts
3155 upvotes
bpcrally wrote: Ya at this point it's more of a myth.

I have both this and the 40v inverter. Both work fine within their limits. I got mine 18v one for about $50 from direct tools though.
Any chance you have a receipt or maybe someone can take a picture of the shelf? Then it could be easier to get stores to match. I considered asking for $50 today but decided it would be pushing it too hard. $20 they could do without manager approval
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1705 posts
1792 upvotes
elfion wrote: Any chance you have a receipt or maybe someone can take a picture of the shelf? Then it could be easier to get stores to match. I considered asking for $50 today but decided it would be pushing it too hard. $20 they could do without manager approval
At direct tools or hd? I don't think hd will match direct tools
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3213 posts
3155 upvotes
bpcrally wrote: At direct tools or hd? I don't think hd will match direct tools
It's not a price match conversation. It's just an argument for lowering the price on already discounted slow moving item. I went with a simple "I was wondering if I could have an additional $20 off this clearance item". But I'm sure that "this also sells at another place refurbished for $50, I could get it there or pick this up right now" would also potentially work. I'm also sure that is totally doable to knock it down to 50 without any competition references by simply negotiating a bit harder
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1705 posts
1792 upvotes
elfion wrote: It's not a price match conversation. It's just an argument for lowering the price on already discounted slow moving item. I went with a simple "I was wondering if I could have an additional $20 off this clearance item". But I'm sure that "this also sells at another place refurbished for $50, I could get it there or pick this up right now" would also potentially work. I'm also sure that is totally doable to knock it down to 50 without any competition references by simply negotiating a bit harder
Understood. Here you go, good luck!
Screenshot_20220917_221627_com.whatsapp~2.jpg
Jan 3, 2008
423 posts
61 upvotes
Victoria
Would this be able to power a small basement sump pump for a while in an emergency?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2776 posts
1995 upvotes
elfion wrote: Found 5 items in stock with yellow labels marked down to $80 in Guelph for Ryobi 18v 150w Inverter RYi150BG. Asked to get additional $20 off on checkout. So final sale price of $60+tax. Not a bad deal. Original price is $100.
How did they agree for additional $20 off. You speak to manager?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3213 posts
3155 upvotes
Mrrfdxyz wrote: How did they agree for additional $20 off. You speak to manager?
Nope. On clearance items they are very likely to give extra discounts, without even a need to rationalize. I just said I don't really need it right now but if you knock extra $20 off I'll take one. That's the whole point of clearance discounts.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2776 posts
1995 upvotes
elfion wrote: Nope. On clearance items they are very likely to give extra discounts, without even a need to rationalize. I just said I don't really need it right now but if you knock extra $20 off I'll take one. That's the whole point of clearance discounts.
You told to an employee in that area or you brought it to cashier?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3213 posts
3155 upvotes
Mrrfdxyz wrote: You told to an employee in that area or you brought it to cashier?
Cashier. An employee could do $20 off too, I think (not sure). If not, they would call a manager. But it's not a big deal either way. The cashier I was with couldn't do it so she asked the one next to her to do it instead. So their permissions seem to vary.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)