Hot Deals

[Home Depot] YMMV Ryobi One+ Miter Saw sale ($335 marked down to $167 in some stores) AND comes with free stand ($158)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2019 3:43 pm
[OP]
Aug 19, 2008
237 posts
139 upvotes

[Home Depot] YMMV Ryobi One+ Miter Saw sale ($335 marked down to $167 in some stores) AND comes with free stand ($158)

320A9A1C-0B87-494A-A636-FA95B37C70BC.jpeg
Went to pick up a Ryobi One+ miter saw RYOBI 18V ONE+ Brushless Cordless 10-Inch Dual Bevel Sliding Miter Saw (Tool Only)... as they were offering a free stand ($158 sign says 148 I know but is marked and scans at 158) with the purchase - not amazing deal, but need to do some renos... when I got there the saw is now marked down to $268 from $335 and they are still offering the free stand. The sale price wasn't advertised and wont show up online.

UPDATE 1 - xFRUGALITYx saw it marked down even further to $167 in his local store and still got the free stand valued at $158! So looks like it could be an amazing deal until they figure out the sale overlap.
The 167 price has been confirmed in Sherbrooke QC, and peterborough (though no confirmed purchase yet in peterborough)

UPDATE 2 - confirmed that you can actually return the stand afterwards to make this an even better deal if you only need the saw.

UPDATE 3 Now seems to be nation wide - original $268 was aurora location, $205 in Saint John, NB , $201 in Port Coquitlam (BC) - and the crazy $167 deal was north london, peterborough and sherbrooke QC.
All of these ALSO got the stand ($158 value) free.
Last edited by digrdan22 on Aug 11th, 2019 10:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
94 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3253 posts
459 upvotes
Hamilton
I got this stand free as a package with a corded mitre saw a few years ago and let me tell you I was very impressed. The stand I think is well made, has weight to it. The legs snap into place in the open and closed position. Each end of the stand also extends out giving you extra support for longer pieces.

Can’t comment on the saw but I definitely would recommend the stand.
[OP]
Aug 19, 2008
237 posts
139 upvotes
I've only ever worked on a pair of those wobbly super cheap mastercraft stands before this, so these seem amazing and definitely have some weight to them.
The saw seems great, tons of power (takes 2 18v batteries)... but like any other ryobi saw, first thing to do is buy a good set of blades and it'll cut just fine.
Jan 4, 2010
106 posts
36 upvotes
digrdan22 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 1:01 pm
I know its not the best brand, but decent price if you already have the batteries.
...but its battery powered! Remember it's performance is tied to the newer HP batteries.
[OP]
Aug 19, 2008
237 posts
139 upvotes
Performance/Power wise is amazing - its more if you have a big job to do you'll need to have an extra set of the bigger batteries and this is the tool only, but I'm sure for 99% we wouldn't be doing much more than small infrequent renos/builds. But having to buy the batteries also would make this not a good deal at all.
Jul 19, 2015
499 posts
390 upvotes
London, ON
Thx OP - because of this well timed post I went straight over to my local HD and found this had also been reduced further to $167! There was zero signage for any of this sale or that it included the stand. I grabbed a stand and it rang in at zero. Major YMMV at this price, but definitely no complaints. I already have sets of the 4, 6, and 9 Ah batteries from previous sales so this will work out very very nicely to continue building the collection.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
Oct 16, 2005
786 posts
308 upvotes
xFRUGALITYx wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 4:14 pm
Thx OP - because of this well timed post I went straight over to my local HD and found this had also been reduced further to $167! There was zero signage for any of this sale or that it included the stand. I grabbed a stand and it rang in at zero. Major YMMV at this price, but definitely no complaints. I already have sets of the 4, 6, and 9 Ah batteries from previous sales so this will work out very very nicely to continue building the collection.
What store did $167? Can you post receipt?
Please and thank you
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
42285 posts
3001 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I don't understand, it's battery powered, which means it's meant to be moved to the job site, but it comes with a permanent stand without wheels. Doesn't seem like a very useful combination to me.

Power is a major factor in woodworking power tools. I can never understand battery-powered saws.
***Bosch GLL1P Bright Single Line and Point Combination Laser $30***
Silver Coins | Bosch Combination Laser | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Dec 23, 2007
392 posts
121 upvotes
Ottawa
What size batteries are needed with this beast?
Jul 19, 2015
499 posts
390 upvotes
London, ON
Jon Lai wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 5:13 pm
I don't understand, it's battery powered, which means it's meant to be moved to the job site, but it comes with a permanent stand without wheels. Doesn't seem like a very useful combination to me.

Power is a major factor in woodworking power tools. I can never understand battery-powered saws.
It's pretty easy to understand with modern batteries. Example I used a Ryobi SDS drill with one 6Ah battery to drill into concrete holes for 120 tapcons and the battery didn't die and wasn't lacking any power.
Jul 19, 2015
499 posts
390 upvotes
London, ON
Superman_2099 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 4:49 pm
What store did $167? Can you post receipt?
Please and thank you
It was in North London
[OP]
Aug 19, 2008
237 posts
139 upvotes
I get the power thing , but that thinking is pretty old now, batteries have evolved a ton since this stuff first came out. Anyone that has tested used these things (any brand with the new generations of high capacity batteries ) are pretty impressed.
Good example Parents were rebuilding their cottage and was talking to the contractors about how much I liked the little Ryobi saw (one+ 7 1/4) I was using - they were more or less making fun of them and the lack of power so I left the small 7 1/4 saw and a couple batteries and a charger and told them to try it out - needless to say they loved it and offered me $50 after a week. Power isn’t the problem with these at all - like I said earlier - upgrade your blade ( for any of the saws).
[OP]
Aug 19, 2008
237 posts
139 upvotes
severum79 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 5:39 pm
What size batteries are needed with this beast?

Needs 2 of the bigger 18v - not included

* edited - picture shows the bigger ones but just need 2 18v any size - have to think performance would be lowered with just the 2 amp ones
Sep 2, 2012
96 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
xFRUGALITYx wrote: Thx OP - because of this well timed post I went straight over to my local HD and found this had also been reduced further to $167! There was zero signage for any of this sale or that it included the stand. I grabbed a stand and it rang in at zero. Major YMMV at this price, but definitely no complaints. I already have sets of the 4, 6, and 9 Ah batteries from previous sales so this will work out very very nicely to continue building the collection.
Could you kindly upload a receipt? :P
[OP]
Aug 19, 2008
237 posts
139 upvotes
xFRUGALITYx wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 4:14 pm
Thx OP - because of this well timed post I went straight over to my local HD and found this had also been reduced further to $167!
Would be interesting to see the receipt - thinking about seeing if I can return just the stand - pretty massive and was going to use this as a portable saw anyway - my receipt says a maximum of $98 return value for the stand which would lower the saw price to $170 which is all I really wanted to get anyway - interested to see if yours has that too - you could possibly return as well and get a new in box one +dual meter saw for under $70!! Stock up and start an ebay store!

Thread Information

There are currently 9 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 5 guests)

hootio, wibil1, SquadG, leeezeng