[Home Depot] YMMV Weber briquettes 20lbs 5.98

Bought 6 bags. Found in Terrebonne.
Images
  • 15769456090141546344225742496401.jpg
22 replies
Jun 23, 2007
62 posts
23 upvotes
SuperPaulette wrote: Bought 6 bags. Found in Terrebonne.
Can anyone confirm any bags available in Pointe Claire?
[OP]
Apr 14, 2017
502 posts
726 upvotes
Montréal Not-COTU
shade69 wrote: Can anyone confirm any bags available in Pointe Claire?
Use stock.ga
May 1, 2004
754 posts
405 upvotes
Montreal
Plenty of stock in Lachenaie.
Images
  • D7A5411F-28FC-4AA4-B308-A1539734D765.jpeg
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2004
1094 posts
164 upvotes
Great deal if you can stock up at this price. I’m a convert to this stuff to use in my Weber Smokey Mountain. Bought a few bags for $15 this past fall. Prior I only used lump charcoal from Costco, but this stuff burned cleaner, more evenly and for longer. Stockcheck, shows It’s still 19.99 in the stores around me, but grab ‘Em if you can find them
Dec 28, 2019
1 posts
Cyrville location, just picked up 6 bags, still have lots.
Images
  • 20191229_132724.jpg
Jul 29, 2016
255 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
Hey, for those who still interested in stocking up some Weber briquettes, there are quite a few in Home Depot at Elgin Mill and Leslie, Richmond Hill, under 6 bucks.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
27090 posts
6530 upvotes
Hamilton
lmx116 wrote: Hey, for those who still interested in stocking up some Weber briquettes, there are quite a few in Home Depot at Elgin Mill and Leslie, Richmond Hill, under 6 bucks.
Thanks for the reminder. Might need to go grab some
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12114 posts
7001 upvotes
Markham
lmx116 wrote: Hey, for those who still interested in stocking up some Weber briquettes, there are quite a few in Home Depot at Elgin Mill and Leslie, Richmond Hill, under 6 bucks.
Went to stock up for the spring/summer/fall season. The stock is there but the price is back to normal $19.99. They will not honor the $5.98 price so I say the deal is "expired".
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Oct 31, 2017
3 posts
There is stock in Laval, but ST says 19.99$, any idea if this is really 6$?
I literally just got home from Home Depot buying 2 bags of kings ford lol. I picked up lump charcoal last week from a BBQ store but I hate lump charcoal other then for searing
Jan 28, 2018
272 posts
212 upvotes
Stocktrack for me shows in stock and price of $0. Free briquettes! Winking Face
Nov 19, 2008
80 posts
69 upvotes
Montreal
Can confirm that Lachenaie/Terrebonne put their price back up to 19.99$ and there is no stock at Ville d'Anjou.
Feb 29, 2016
380 posts
196 upvotes
Ottawa
WiseOx wrote: I’m a convert to this stuff to use in my Weber Smokey Mountain. Bought a few bags for $15 this past fall. Prior I only used lump charcoal from Costco, but this stuff burned cleaner, more evenly and for longer.
I'm the opposite - I switched from briquettes to lump charcoal on my Green Egg after "learning" that the briquettes have all sorts of chemicals in them....not something I want in/around my food if possible. Did I read some over-hyped scare article or are they basically soaked in starter fluid as it was suggested?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
1139 posts
535 upvotes
RetiredRFDer wrote: I'm the opposite - I switched from briquettes to lump charcoal on my Green Egg after "learning" that the briquettes have all sorts of chemicals in them....not something I want in/around my food if possible. Did I read some over-hyped scare article or are they basically soaked in starter fluid as it was suggested?
Weber briquettes should be fine.
The perfect cut of meat deserves the best fuel and accessories to execute it. The new Weber briquettes burn long and strong, and are 100% natural with no added chemicals, so that all you taste is food. Pair the briquettes with any of our charcoal accessories and you're one step closer to BBQ success!
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
1139 posts
535 upvotes
This deal is from December.... Is it even on still?

I went to the Mavis location and it scanned at 19.99
Ended up buying an electric charcoal starter so the trip wasn't wasted...

At 23$ it was cheaper than most of the Amazon starters..
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
9170 posts
3427 upvotes
I stocked up back in early Jan when I found a skid in Cobourg.
Images
  • IMG_20200111_121358.jpg
  • IMG_20200111_104053.jpg
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12114 posts
7001 upvotes
Markham
RetiredRFDer wrote: I'm the opposite - I switched from briquettes to lump charcoal on my Green Egg after "learning" that the briquettes have all sorts of chemicals in them....not something I want in/around my food if possible. Did I read some over-hyped scare article or are they basically soaked in starter fluid as it was suggested?
What you read may be true of some briqs but not all briqs. Avoid anything that is "quick starting" or easy light types IMO.

I use Maple Leaf Briqs...you can readily find them at you local hardware stores like Rona, Lowes, Cdn Tire, HomeHardware.

http://charbonfeuillederable.com/charbo ... e_usa.html

Maple leaf charcoal briquets
Our briquets are made of small charcoal fines and starch (wheat flour) as a natural binder. Unlike many other manufacturers of briquets, we do not use any chemical additives nor clay in the manufacturing process which preserves the flavor of food when cooking on a BBQ.

This complementary offering of briquets allows us to value the entire production of charcoal, including the fine particles which help minimizing the environmental footprint of our manufacturing facility.

Our briquets are easy to use alone or in combination with our natural hardwood lump charcoal. The briquets emit high heat for long cooking hours. The available sizes are 4 kg and 8 kg bags.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)