Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

[Yorkdale] Ryobi 8amp Jet Fan Blower $35

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2017 12:53 pm
Tags:
Sep 23, 2005
450 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto

[Home Depot] [Yorkdale] Ryobi 8amp Jet Fan Blower $35

Ryobi 8 amp Jet Fan Blower (i.e. leaf blower)
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.8amp ... 06812.html

Marked at clearance of $69.97 (same price as online), then there was a sign on the pile saying that they were $34.98.

Note: they ring up at $69.97, but the cashier corrected the price immediately. I didn't ask for the SCOP, because he didn't even check the price - he just took my word for it. Good customer service shouldn't be penalized.

Found at the Yorkdale location of Home Depot. There were about 6 left after I bought mine.

Probably not the best blower, but might be good enough. And hard to go wrong for $35!
26 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3160 posts
1856 upvotes
Kingston
For this price it's probably worth it to use to dry vehicles off after washing. I use a corded leaf blower to dry my motorbike off after a wash to stop water drop stains.
Jul 17, 2007
721 posts
1541 upvotes
Milton,ON
great price, will check out my local HD - do you think if you scanned your receipt they would price match at another HD?
May 2, 2016
278 posts
107 upvotes
Tried my HD (SCARBOROUGH #7001) - But was told couldn't price match...as probably manager special - Yorkdale only probably
Jun 21, 2016
33 posts
62 upvotes
Richmond
Wassifdurrani wrote: great price, will check out my local HD - do you think if you scanned your receipt they would price match at another HD?
Hi Wassifdurrani,

I'm the manager at Richmond Home Depot and I can certainly tell you that having a scanned receipt will not work for price matching. We require a physical copy.

But if we see a picture of price from the competition we will meet and possibly beat (product cannot be on clearance) the price the second we see that it is indeed the exact same model #.

-Ryan
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2003
1361 posts
241 upvotes
Toronto
grabbed one at the yorkdale location. excellent deal! thanks OP
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5680 posts
3098 upvotes
Vancouver
maddmaxx33 wrote: Hi Wassifdurrani,

I'm the manager at Richmond Home Depot and I can certainly tell you that having a scanned receipt will not work for price matching. We require a physical copy.

But if we see a picture of price from the competition we will meet and possibly beat (product cannot be on clearance) the price the second we see that it is indeed the exact same model #.

-Ryan
What if its a picture of a receipt from another HD ; could it then be PM'd? An RFD posted a receipt from the Surrey location for a pressure washer and I tried using that at the Burnaby location but got rejected. They said its probably an instore pricing in which the store mgr can set and they can't match it.
Jun 21, 2016
33 posts
62 upvotes
Richmond
hesp wrote: What if its a picture of a receipt from another HD ; could it then be PM'd? An RFD posted a receipt from the Surrey location for a pressure washer and I tried using that at the Burnaby location but got rejected. They said its probably an instore pricing in which the store mgr can set and they can't match it.
Hi Hesp,

What we need is a picture of the price tag on the shelf or the box, no receipts with the markdowns.

There are manager promo markdowns we make just to make stuff move a bit faster that we take a hit on our bottom line. For instance, if I had 50 of something and only sold 1 over the 2 months, that would mean their is either a pricing issue or not enough people know of its existence. I would then move it to a popular selling location and knock off 10-50% to help it sell through faster.

-Ryan
May 26, 2007
227 posts
58 upvotes
Oshawa
Wow, a manager of home depot is here. Welcome to rfd.

I have a question about the price matching with receipt. Will you price match with a local competitor if I show you a physical receipt of the item purchased from that competitor? The reason I asked is that I tried price match with Canadian Tire on a power tool set. The store associate looked through Canadian Tire website, confirmed model is the same, but refused PM because he can only price match with whatever price on the website, not with the price showing on the receipt. Is that true the price match only valid over the competitor's website price?

Thank you for answering.

-Alex
maddmaxx33 wrote: Hi Hesp,

What we need is a picture of the price tag on the shelf or the box, no receipts with the markdowns.

There are manager promo markdowns we make just to make stuff move a bit faster that we take a hit on our bottom line. For instance, if I had 50 of something and only sold 1 over the 2 months, that would mean their is either a pricing issue or not enough people know of its existence. I would then move it to a popular selling location and knock off 10-50% to help it sell through faster.

-Ryan
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
784 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I wonder if this is a real manager at a store lol. It would be against store policy
Aug 27, 2010
76 posts
41 upvotes
Thanks OP. Picked one up today. Still 5 left. Scanned at $69.97 and I told cashier about price of $34.98. Manager came to override price and I asked for SCOP and was shot down.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1082 posts
255 upvotes
lostinpangea wrote: Ryobi 8 amp Jet Fan Blower (i.e. leaf blower)

Marked at clearance of $69.97 (same price as online), then there was a sign on the pile saying that they were $34.98.

Note: they ring up at $69.97, but the cashier corrected the price immediately. I didn't ask for the SCOP, because he didn't even check the price - he just took my word for it. Good customer service shouldn't be penalized.

Found at the Yorkdale location of Home Depot. There were about 6 left after I bought mine.

Probably not the best blower, but might be good enough. And hard to go wrong for $35!
Any chance you took a picture of the sign on the pile? Might help the rest of us if you did.
Nov 14, 2013
498 posts
160 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario
lostinpangea wrote: Ryobi 8 amp Jet Fan Blower (i.e. leaf blower)

Too bad Lowes doesn't have it would have asked for image of receipt and price matched them.

HD doesn't even price match their own stores, pretty sad. This is why I rarely jump on a HD deal.
Jun 21, 2016
33 posts
62 upvotes
Richmond
azsxdc2008 wrote: Wow, a manager of home depot is here. Welcome to rfd.

I have a question about the price matching with receipt. Will you price match with a local competitor if I show you a physical receipt of the item purchased from that competitor? The reason I asked is that I tried price match with Canadian Tire on a power tool set. The store associate looked through Canadian Tire website, confirmed model is the same, but refused PM because he can only price match with whatever price on the website, not with the price showing on the receipt. Is that true the price match only valid over the competitor's website price?

Thank you for answering.

-Alex
Hi Alex,
Store policy is not based off of receipts. If it's apples to apples and you are able to show me a physical price tag or a printed quote with the exact model number then we can do a PM. What we often see is someone goes to an appliance store and they get a printed quote of a fridge/stove/dishwasher/etc. We will meet and beat the price as the quote has the model number printed on it.

A few weeks ago I had to do a $500 markdown because Lowe's had their John Deere tractors drop in price and just happened to be the same time our promo ended so our price went back up. On top of that there was a no tax event going (12% off) so I had to meet and beat all of that. I didn't mind doing the markdown because I had a copy of the Lowe's flyer to justify it.

If you came in with a digital picture of a receipt I'd tell you get lost as pictures can be manipulated and they often are missing crucial information. I had to turn away a customer the other day because he had a price tag from Costco for a washer. The tag didn't say anything about the model #. I punched in the exact model # into the costco.ca website and it showed the price to be $50 more expensive that what they paid in my store. I told him to get a picture of the model # tag from the display at costco and I'll be happy to give him the price that Costco offered.

Half of my day is dealing with customers wanting a reduction in price. I completely see where they are coming from as I am a penny pinching consumer too when I do renovations, but I just need basic proof for me to justify giving you a markdown.

So to sum this up, get a quote not a receipt! Something that has the exact model and pricing. You give me that and I'll have to do a markdown.
Jun 21, 2016
33 posts
62 upvotes
Richmond
foodyforlife wrote: I wonder if this is a real manager at a store lol. It would be against store policy
Come on in to my store. I'll give you the grand tour at Richmond Home Depot.

The only policy that is in place with the Home Depot is that we cannot solicit. I can wholeheartedly talk to you about anything as customer relations is part of my job.

-Ryan
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1824 posts
591 upvotes
maddmaxx33 wrote: Hi Alex,
Store policy is not based off of receipts. If it's apples to apples and you are able to show me a physical price tag or a printed quote with the exact model number then we can do a PM. What we often see is someone goes to an appliance store and they get a printed quote of a fridge/stove/dishwasher/etc. We will meet and beat the price as the quote has the model number printed on it.

A few weeks ago I had to do a $500 markdown because Lowe's had their John Deere tractors drop in price and just happened to be the same time our promo ended so our price went back up. On top of that there was a no tax event going (12% off) so I had to meet and beat all of that. I didn't mind doing the markdown because I had a copy of the Lowe's flyer to justify it.

If you came in with a digital picture of a receipt I'd tell you get lost as pictures can be manipulated and they often are missing crucial information. I had to turn away a customer the other day because he had a price tag from Costco for a washer. The tag didn't say anything about the model #. I punched in the exact model # into the costco.ca website and it showed the price to be $50 more expensive that what they paid in my store. I told him to get a picture of the model # tag from the display at costco and I'll be happy to give him the price that Costco offered.

Half of my day is dealing with customers wanting a reduction in price. I completely see where they are coming from as I am a penny pinching consumer too when I do renovations, but I just need basic proof for me to justify giving you a markdown.

So to sum this up, get a quote not a receipt! Something that has the exact model and pricing. You give me that and I'll have to do a markdown.
Tell someone to get lost?
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1824 posts
591 upvotes
Can someone post a picture of reduced pricing that shows model number etc. And the pricin? A receipt would be nice too. TIA
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
3097 posts
1514 upvotes
QC, Canada
maddmaxx33 wrote: Hi Alex,

First of all, thank you for taking your time answering here :)
Then, just to let you know, everything on costco website is usually 50$ higher than instore to cover for the "free shipping" price
Jul 17, 2007
721 posts
1541 upvotes
Milton,ON
just tried @ HD in oakville,ontario and they are not marked down - showing @ 69$
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5680 posts
3098 upvotes
Vancouver
Thank you Ryan!
maddmaxx33 wrote: Hi Hesp,

-Ryan

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)