• Sep 20th, 2020 7:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5924 posts
1644 upvotes
Calgary

Home depot's website is so terrible!

Why is their site to terrible? it looks decent and would be good to use if it wasn't always broken....

I cant do anything useful on there, if i make a search more than 1 page the next page doesn't load the product, or if i try to use any of the filters on the left it doesn't load products, half the time the product info doesn't load, i cant even add stuff to cart, i click the button and it just spins for a second and does nothing.... i cant be the only one experiencing this..... why do they keep pushing people to use it when it doesn't even work?... The product is Ryobi so i have no other choice, if i had another option i'd have given up on them already, its super frustrating.
Images
  • Annotation 2019-05-14 134213.png
  • Annotation 2019-05-14 134243.png
34 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2171 posts
812 upvotes
Toronto
Did you try another browser? If another browser works then maybe you need to clear your cache. Or, maybe their website doesn't work properly with whatever browser that you're using.

Keep in mind that I have never bought anything from homedepot.ca but I don't ever remember having issues browsing on their site.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12967 upvotes
+1 awful.

Superstore is also terrible. The entire Loblaws banner is actually.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5924 posts
1644 upvotes
Calgary
ds2chan wrote: Did you try another browser? If another browser works then maybe you need to clear your cache. Or, maybe their website doesn't work properly with whatever browser that you're using.

Keep in mind that I have never bought anything from homedepot.ca but I don't ever remember having issues browsing on their site.
its the same at home and at work, although it does seem to be a bit better on IE, but still terrible
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2147 posts
1071 upvotes
London
i had no issues bring the item up in firefox.
Dec 28, 2007
997 posts
524 upvotes
I've had the same problems with their site. Surprising that they wouldn't do some basic testing to make sure the website works properly.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3168 posts
1187 upvotes
Montreal
can't talk about bad websites without mentioning FIDO as well :)
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Feb 13, 2013
157 posts
78 upvotes
BC
Home Depot's website is a disgrace. Totally useless. Freezes and glitches all the time. Location services (stores near me) doesn't work and only defaults to either Toronto or Victoria, no matter how many times I set my home store.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4179 posts
3451 upvotes
Toronto
Never have any of the problems OP and others mentions, and I browse their website A LOT. Latest Chrome.

Viruses, malware, various extensions and "toolbars" can cause problems loading sites. I keep my machine very clean. OP's item came up for me in approx. 0.02 seconds:
hd.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8518 posts
2301 upvotes
Mississauga
Thank goodness its not just me. I cant believe a company that big can have such a terrible website.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
2013 posts
158 upvotes
York Region
aaron158 wrote: i had no issues bring the item up in firefox.
I am using FF and have the same problem it never uses to be. They (HD) must have changed something.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1796 posts
777 upvotes
London
I don't have the issue you report.
The HD website actually is one that works fairy well for me, except the issue below.

I did your "ryobi 18V" search and it found 188 items over 4 pages.
I can select "next", plus choose criteria on the left.

I'm using the latest Firefox.
christel3 wrote: Location services (stores near me) doesn't work and only defaults to either Toronto....
Always goes to Toronto for me.
Apr 10, 2019
249 posts
412 upvotes
Ottawa
tsatsa wrote: I am using FF and have the same problem it never uses to be. They (HD) must have changed something.
I spend many hours a week browsing the site and placing orders there and yes the problem is new and started this week. Not sure what they did but they really f'ed things up. (on chrome)
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
2324 posts
1300 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Their website sucks. It hangs up very frequently like that.

I know the team that works on it. Completely inept people.