Home depot's website is so terrible!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2020 7:01 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5997 posts
1027 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
I think the OP has browser/computer problems.

I just tried the Home Depot website - no problems at all.
Comes up quick, search for ryobi gave me 10 pages, I can go from page to page or select pages.
I tried filtering - worked fine as well
Using FireFox as the browser.

If anyone is still using IE, look at that as the problem not the website.
I have actually seen website state they may not work properly with IE because of its non-compliance with web standards.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16577 posts
6706 upvotes
I agree - I think it's a PC problem. The item loads perfectly fine for me.

You might want to run Malwarebytes or another malware scanner.
Banned
Nov 6, 2018
26 posts
6 upvotes
New York
I couldn't agree more! Website is awful. Probably it's so awful because people still buy from them and they don't see the problem.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5997 posts
1027 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
ErikaB35221 wrote: I couldn't agree more! Website is awful.
Maybe you could be a bit more specific about what you find "awful"
Are you talking about the US website?
The review link you posted is US.

I'm talking about the Canadian website and I have no problems with that at all.
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home.html
Banned
Nov 6, 2018
26 posts
6 upvotes
New York
krs wrote: Maybe you could be a bit more specific about what you find "awful"
Yes, I am talking about the US website: https://www.homedepot.com/. Images on the products pages are loading slowly, that is why it's difficult to choose from catalogue.
May 29, 2019
23 posts
12 upvotes
krs wrote: Maybe you could be a bit more specific about what you find "awful"
The review link you posted is US.

I'm talking about the Canadian website and I have no problems with that at all.
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home.html
Sorry to nec an old thread but I'm in Canada and i get this almost daily. HD said it's on their end.wel ok then fix it already lol

One would guess it is bc of my cache or cookies but cleaning up my cache and clearing my cookies don't help but if I view in a private window.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
4339 posts
707 upvotes
Waterloo
T3rry wrote: Why is their site to terrible? it looks decent and would be good to use if it wasn't always broken....

I cant do anything useful on there, if i make a search more than 1 page the next page doesn't load the product, or if i try to use any of the filters on the left it doesn't load products, half the time the product info doesn't load, i cant even add stuff to cart, i click the button and it just spins for a second and does nothing.... i cant be the only one experiencing this..... why do they keep pushing people to use it when it doesn't even work?... The product is Ryobi so i have no other choice, if i had another option i'd have given up on them already, its super frustrating.
you should try Bell Canada's site. I had Bell service at one point, I literally couldn't get to any pages. and paid extra for paper bills so I could see the bills.
OrenN15039 wrote: Sorry to nec an old thread but I'm in Canada and i get this almost daily. HD said it's on their end.wel ok then fix it already lol
One would guess it is bc of my cache or cookies but cleaning up my cache and clearing my cookies don't help but if I view in a private window.
Any web site that requires you to clear your "cache" or anything, is a bad design site. a consumer shouldnt have to do that.
----
Pay it forward.
Mar 22, 2004
646 posts
34 upvotes
Ottawa
OrenN15039 wrote: Sorry to nec an old thread but I'm in Canada and i get this almost daily. HD said it's on their end.wel ok then fix it already lol

Right? Incognito or viewing on my mobile it's fine. I hate Home Depot's site for this. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7666 posts
1728 upvotes
Mont-Royal
looks like the cache/cookies has to be clear EVERY 3 DAYS else it would bug as described. no info about product despite only pic. with chrome. it happens to other browsers too.

during the covid, i dont understand why hd dont take advantage of firing this IT team. and hire new ones.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8353 posts
3794 upvotes
Markham
death_hawk wrote: +1 awful.

Superstore is also terrible. The entire Loblaws banner is actually.
No kidding
You'd think they have pretty advanced systems
Jul 23, 2017
8 posts
2 upvotes
Getting worse!!! Cart doesn't save, keeps deleting things in there when you add new..... it is disgraceful for them!!!!
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19604 posts
4210 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
TBH, I find Home Depot's website is not bad.

I was at Lowes yesterday and ended up getting pretty frustrated because you cannot look up the Aisle / Bay numbers for items. You have to just hunt around until you find them.

Admittedly, HD's website could still use a lot of improvement. Filtering search results based on category and department would be most helpful.
And look at Costco's website, you can filter appliances based on colour, features, fuel type, etc.
What if there were no hypothetical questions? 🤔
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
20037 posts
2850 upvotes
Niagara Falls
HD's website doesn't work for me I'm Chrome or Opera on both my personal machine and my work machine.

I just use Edge instead. I still find the site slow but at least the entire page loads.