Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Hardware

20oz stainless tumbler $6.96 @ HomeHardware

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2018 12:35 pm
[OP]
Nov 18, 2006
580 posts
255 upvotes

[Home Hardware] 20oz stainless tumbler $6.96 @ HomeHardware

I've been looking for a stainless thermal tumbler for summer beverages , most big-name brands are in the $30-40 range.

Home Hardware has a no-name "Active" brand 600ml w/ lid for $6.96 in their flyer this week.

Anyone bought one and have opinion? Or have recommendations for better deals?

Don't want to spend >$20 (and extra for guests) just to keep the drinks cold -- better to just drink faster...
5 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2898 posts
1935 upvotes
montreal
Personnally, I would stick with known brands ...

If you have your costco card, Contigo mugs are cheap enough for 2-pak. They have a good seal, and reasonable thermal efficiency.
CanTire also some decent specials once in a while, but can't find anything right now.

I am under the impression, that the clear acrylic cover and the type of mug you saw might have some cover leak issues and poor thermal efficiency.
[OP]
Nov 18, 2006
580 posts
255 upvotes
superbigjay wrote: If you have your costco card, Contigo mugs are cheap enough for 2-pak. They have a good seal, and reasonable thermal efficiency.
I am under the impression, that the clear acrylic cover and the type of mug you saw might have some cover leak issues and poor thermal efficiency.
Looking for a tumbler , not a travel mug -- lid off, sitting on the deck in the back yard with a vodka slush or rum&coke with ice...

Picked up some Thermos cosy(s) last year from HD (maybe not as good as Yeti/etc but still work great),,, but Tumbler would be nice when not drinking from a can...
Jun 8, 2012
475 posts
640 upvotes
Ottawa
Dollar store has nice stainless vacuum tumblers too. $4.
[OP]
Nov 18, 2006
580 posts
255 upvotes
AS2012 wrote: Dollar store has nice stainless vacuum tumblers too. $4.
Thanks... Generally i avoid dollar stores, but will check it out.
Jun 8, 2012
475 posts
640 upvotes
Ottawa
mathomas wrote: Thanks... Generally i avoid dollar stores, but will check it out.
Youll really like it. There is a thread on this forum about it. It keeps a cold can of Coke with ice cold for hours. I guarantee you will like it and buy it vs the HH one.