[Home Hardware] 30 AAA batteries for $5.97

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2020 2:27 am
[OP]
Aug 2, 2017
40 posts
63 upvotes

[Home Hardware] 30 AAA batteries for $5.97

Looking for AAA batteries came cross Home hardware for 30AAA batteries for 5.97 regular price is 13.99.

Sounds like good deal.

Tkz
Last edited by TomRFD on May 8th, 2020 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
12 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2670 posts
1336 upvotes
B.C.
Buy rechargeable! It's so worth it. I used to hunt down packages of batteries on sale but it's so much better just having a pile of rechargeable ones.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4580 posts
2687 upvotes
UGH, just bought 36 for $12 from amazon.
Great deal and most batteries store well, good to have for zombie apocalypses for flashlights.
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2004
1303 posts
1985 upvotes
Toronto, ON
are they store brand or name brand?

just a warning that I bought some Home Depot AA and AAA batteries once. They were on display as soon as you walk in the store and were nice and affordable - and had some heft to them so I thought there would be good.

I was so wrong.

They leaked acid like nobodies business.

Like every single battery would leak within a couple of weeks inside any device.

not only a waste of money but a lot of clean-up afterwards.

moral of the story: you get what you pay for.
Sep 9, 2016
264 posts
525 upvotes
Leask
Got a name brand? SKU number? Link to them on the website? Name of the store you found these in? This is kind of a useless post without this information. Might as well post "home depot has some good deals on tape measures" and leave it at that.
Feb 14, 2006
585 posts
530 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
lennyandcarl wrote: Buy rechargeable! It's so worth it. I used to hunt down packages of batteries on sale but it's so much better just having a pile of rechargeable ones.
Alkaline batteries are rated at 1.5V a cell but drop in rechargeable cells are all 1.2V a cell. Seems this difference isn't acceptable in quite a few devices that want their 3V. Now I have 16 batteries that are essentially useless. Before buying rechargeable ensure your devices can handle that 0.3V drop per cell.
Nov 5, 2017
37 posts
59 upvotes
Looks like they are Reactor brand 1.5V. $5.97 plus $1.20 environmental handling fee.
Item: # 5314197 Model: # 30XAAA
Picture shows best before date of 2018 but hard to tell if that's what you actually get.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2670 posts
1336 upvotes
B.C.
Ruciz wrote: Alkaline batteries are rated at 1.5V a cell but drop in rechargeable cells are all 1.2V a cell. Seems this difference isn't acceptable in quite a few devices that want their 3V. Now I have 16 batteries that are essentially useless. Before buying rechargeable ensure your devices can handle that 0.3V drop per cell.
What is your device that doesn't take them?

I'm kind of amazed I haven't run in to one yet. I do have a weather station where it flashes low battery on the remote side- but I've learned to ignore that!
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1278 posts
1404 upvotes
Are rechargeable worth it for things like remotes that drain slowly ?
Jan 31, 2011
860 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
lennyandcarl wrote: What is your device that doesn't take them?

I'm kind of amazed I haven't run in to one yet. I do have a weather station where it flashes low battery on the remote side- but I've learned to ignore that!
The older disney read along books from Costco taking two AAA batteries won't power on with rechargeable.
Snap circuit lab exercise the motor not strong enough to propel the propeller wheel in mid-air when using rechargeable.