Penalty Box
Jun 19, 2019
1039 posts
1285 upvotes
LOL@ Your Angry Inch…

[Home Hardware] 300000 Metre 1 Outlet Outdoor weatherproof extension cord 16/3

Exclusive to Home Hardware.

Outdoor weatherproof power extension cord
Stays flexible in temperatures to -34°C (-29°F)
Uncoil before using
Resistant to oil and grease
Orange
30 m 98 ft.

Earn 23 Aeoplan points
Ships Free to Home Hardware Stores

Seems to be regular price and is a very good one if you compare to other retailers.
Last edited by HalfTrack on Nov 25th, 2019 9:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
U still have to pay for goods/services U agreed to — even if U did so only unconsciously.
A Visa Canada survey of web shoppers, 1 in 4 said they read all the online text. 50% skimmed it & 27% Read Nothing at all before accepting a tainted offer.
30 replies
Mar 11, 2007
17 posts
11 upvotes
"Seems to be regular price and is a very good one if you compare to other retailers."

So how is this a hot deal exactly?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4355 posts
746 upvotes
Edmonton
I agree don’t feel it’s a hot deal looking at the cord. It does not look like it is rated for extreme cold weather either. Some say remain flexible but simply means it will not explode when it gets bellow -20.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Aug 31, 2014
529 posts
876 upvotes
ontario
jonny34 wrote: "Seems to be regular price and is a very good one if you compare to other retailers."

So how is this a hot deal exactly?
Its not, at all actually, a good deal. Not sure why this was even posted..
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jun 19, 2019
1039 posts
1285 upvotes
LOL@ Your Angry Inch…
Max_Dealing wrote: I agree don’t feel it’s a hot deal looking at the cord. It does not look like it is rated for extreme cold weather either. Some say remain flexible but simply means it will not explode when it gets bellow -20.
Please explain what you mean by "exploding" and find a better price from a reliable retailer.
There is nowhere else to post deals other than here.
Growingupisold wrote: Its not, at all actually, a good deal. Not sure why this was even posted..
Find a similar or better price.
Nowhere else to post deals other than here
You posters are Slagging a RFD advertiser. Without them where would you spew your bile?
Thanks.
Last edited by HalfTrack on Oct 23rd, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
U still have to pay for goods/services U agreed to — even if U did so only unconsciously.
A Visa Canada survey of web shoppers, 1 in 4 said they read all the online text. 50% skimmed it & 27% Read Nothing at all before accepting a tainted offer.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jun 19, 2019
1039 posts
1285 upvotes
LOL@ Your Angry Inch…
Ist has no cold rating.
2nd is a good price and comparable but picture shows 50 ft but lists as 30 metres.
Neither also don't mention if Resistant to oil and grease which is important for our usage.
Thanks

Home hardware shipping to store near our nothern getaway. More convenient as I or someone else can PU next journey.
Aug 31, 2014
529 posts
876 upvotes
ontario
HalfTrack wrote: You posters are Slagging a RFD advertiser. Without them where would you spew your bile?
Oh. My. God.

I am SO sorry. I didn't realize this was an advertiser of RFD! Let me just kiss the ground they walk upon..
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jun 19, 2019
1039 posts
1285 upvotes
LOL@ Your Angry Inch…
Pants536 wrote: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/hdx-10 ... 1000111076
Satisfied?
Even qualifies for free shipping if you don't want to pick it up.
Edit: sorry forgot oil and grease resistance. It's coated in rubber. What kind of corrosive grease is your outdoors covered in?
No amp, Cold ratings and likely not oil or grease resistant. Hardly similar!

Fighting Ignorance since 1973
https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/sh ... p?t=146442
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jun 19, 2019
1039 posts
1285 upvotes
LOL@ Your Angry Inch…
davidjames wrote: The costco extension cord is a way better cord (thicker) and good for -40C and is cheaper
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco- ... 9-2129431/
No mention of oil and grease resistance.
Requires Costco membership and Home Hardware is Canadian unlike any other postings.
Thanks
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2415 posts
1192 upvotes
Vancouver
Buying few I getting extensiom everywhere interior or exteriorSmiling Face With SunglassesSmiling Face With SunglassesSmiling Face With Sunglasses
Jan 9, 2008
806 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
HalfTrack wrote: No mention
of oil and grease resistance.
Requires Costco membership and Home Hardware is Canadian unlike any other postings.
Thanks
Lol
I am sure the costco one is just as "oil and grease resistant" as the home hardware one.
I'm sure that you know someone with a costco card that can take you shopping there.
If not I would be more than happy to go with you so you can get the better extension cable at Costco
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
2628 posts
2605 upvotes
Montreal
HalfTrack wrote: 49.38
No amp, Cold ratings and likely not oil or grease resistant. Hardly similar!

Fighting Ignorance since 1973
https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/sh ... p?t=146442
On the label it says flexible from -40°C to 75°C.

It also says 10 AMP 125 Volt so you can assume this is 16 AWG just like your cord above.

It's made of vinyl so it will resist oil and grease.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2869 posts
2199 upvotes
GTA Ontario
16 gauge wire at over 50' length is only rated for 10 amps. Standard house circuit is 15 amps. Depending on what you plug into it you might have a safety issue before it's even near loaded enough to trip the breaker.

One resource (or find others):
https://www.stayonline.com/product-reso ... pacity.asp

I highly recommend getting 12 gauge. This one's 12/3, outdoor rated, water resistant, 100', $55 including shipping, and you don't need a Costco card to order it online:
https://www.costco.ca/Prime-SJTW-123-10 ... 17480.html

Or if you do need oil resistance, more shopping required.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
9647 posts
2061 upvotes
Edmonton
16/3 at this length (or really any length) is garbage. This is not a good deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1315 posts
2670 upvotes
Montreal
Hopping into my time machine, back in december 2017 my local walmart had 50ft stanley 16/3 for 6$.
Needless to say I bought a few and while they aren't as long it was a better deal imo.
Images
  • 25552820_10156407991305110_1774565874_o.jpg
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jun 19, 2019
1039 posts
1285 upvotes
LOL@ Your Angry Inch…
davidjames wrote: Lol
I am sure the costco one is just as "oil and grease resistant" as the home hardware one.
I'm sure that you know someone with a costco card that can take you shopping there.
If not I would be more than happy to go with you so you can get the better extension cable at Costco
Is it a date?
Take your subjective word for it. But prefer to see the proof rather than speculation.
Why would anyself respecting rational person subject themselves to warehouses full of rampaging hordes risking injury?

Moooove

clseea wrote: 16/3 at this length (or really any length) is garbage. This is not a good deal.
Good as or better than anything else provided presently.
Plugged into GFI.