Expired Hot Deals

Home Hardware

BEAUTI-TONE RUST COAT Alkyd Rust Spray Paint - Gloss Black/Gloss White, 425 g, 2 Pack for $9.97

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2021 12:29 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1028 posts
4746 upvotes
MILTON

[Home Hardware] BEAUTI-TONE RUST COAT Alkyd Rust Spray Paint - Gloss Black/Gloss White, 425 g, 2 Pack for $9.97

BEAUTI-TONE RUST COAT Alkyd Rust Spray Paint - Gloss Black

BEAUTI-TONE RUST COAT Alkyd Rust Spray Paint - Gloss White
  • Suitable for interior/exterior use
  • Excellent adhesion
  • Corrosion resistant finish
  • Lead and mercury free
  • Can be used on toys, garden tools, lawn furniture and other items made of wood, metal and fibreglass
  • Gloss black or Gloss White
  • 2 pack
  • 425 g (each)
18 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1208 posts
2443 upvotes
Canada
Looks like a good price, seems ideal for a new coat of paint for the mailbox.
Live a little
Feb 2, 2011
122 posts
134 upvotes
Markham, ON
During this time of increased demand, a $20 (pre-tax) order minimum is required for all online purchases.

Your order may take up to 15 days to arrive in-store.
Don't spend two dollars on drying clean a shirt. Donate it to the Salvation Army instead. They'll clean it and put it on a hanger. Next morning, buy it back for seventy-five cents.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1028 posts
4746 upvotes
MILTON
muizzp wrote: During this time of increased demand, a $20 (pre-tax) order minimum is required for all online purchases.

i know that is pain in the neck, but if you call your local store they maybe able to honour your request.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
2418 posts
768 upvotes
Infiniti2011 wrote: can this be used to repaint winter steel rims?
Of course. Just don't get it on the tires. I can't say how long it will last on the rims but the price is right.
Jan 13, 2012
474 posts
530 upvotes
Vancouver
Infiniti2011 wrote: can this be used to repaint winter steel rims?
Yes, but when it comes to winter steelies by the time they start looking rough, it becomes a yearly game. Smart money would use these puppies giving a new set a generous coating, and making sure to give them a good wash every so often during the winter.
Nov 22, 2019
33 posts
136 upvotes
Be patient with the drying time with this paint, takes about 3 days to fully dry before applying more coats in my environment. Learned the hard way when trying to apply additional coats too soon, instant cracking that I had to sand down and restart.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5749 posts
7336 upvotes
Don't order anything from Home Hardware online. I order paint from the site and I got a cancellation email after 10 days. Waste my time. I don't mind getting a cancellation email, but definitely not after 10 days. Anything that cannot be delivered should notify the customer within 2 days. I know we have a special situation to deal with covid-19, but the situation is the same for Canadian Tire, Homedepot, and Lowes. These companies can inform the customer within 2 days. The worst thing is that the paint is still available to order online and Home Hardware doesn't fix the problem. If you want anything from home hardware, try to call, email or phone your local store. The home hardware online inventory system seems not reliable.
muizzp wrote: During this time of increased demand, a $20 (pre-tax) order minimum is required for all online purchases.

Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2379 posts
1110 upvotes
Edmonton
Good for touching up the paint on the old pickup truck....

Gotta fit in with the yokels in Alberta.......
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Dec 4, 2011
300 posts
176 upvotes
Guelph
lcmt wrote: Don't order anything from Home Hardware online... If you want anything from home hardware, try to call, email or phone your local store.
+1 to this. Try calling your local store first.

I recently ordered something online for ISPU that isn't stocked in stores. 2 hours later the store asst. manager of my selected location called me and said the online order would take up to 14 days to ship to his store, but if he ordered through his inventory system, it would come on their next supply truck (3-4 days), so he offered to cancel my online order and reorder it himself.

It seems like their online system has some serious delays to it. Try calling a store.
Dec 10, 2013
403 posts
148 upvotes
KITCHENER
lcmt wrote: Don't order anything from Home Hardware online. I order paint from the site and I got a cancellation email after 10 days. Waste my time. I don't mind getting a cancellation email, but definitely not after 10 days. Anything that cannot be delivered should notify the customer within 2 days. I know we have a special situation to deal with covid-19, but the situation is the same for Canadian Tire, Homedepot, and Lowes. These companies can inform the customer within 2 days. The worst thing is that the paint is still available to order online and Home Hardware doesn't fix the problem. If you want anything from home hardware, try to call, email or phone your local store. The home hardware online inventory system seems not reliable.
You think thats bad? I had ordered an item from home depot i got an email same day that it's delayed 1 month. 1 month later I get another email delayed another month. 2 weeks later I get a cancellation email.
Apr 24, 2011
440 posts
194 upvotes
Scarborough
I'm seeing light rusting on my quarter panel from some metal I cut off a couple years ago which is on the inside of the fender. No bubbling yet but would spraying this in the interior quarter panel help slow/prevent further rust?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5749 posts
7336 upvotes
At least you get an update within same day after you placed the order. It is up to you if you want to wait. If you get an update after 10 days, then it is unaccepatable.
mconnelly wrote: You think thats bad? I had ordered an item from home depot i got an email same day that it's delayed 1 month. 1 month later I get another email delayed another month. 2 weeks later I get a cancellation email.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5749 posts
7336 upvotes
Your local store serves customer better since my local store didn't call me at all.
AnnV11 wrote: +1 to this. Try calling your local store first.

I recently ordered something online for ISPU that isn't stocked in stores. 2 hours later the store asst. manager of my selected location called me and said the online order would take up to 14 days to ship to his store, but if he ordered through his inventory system, it would come on their next supply truck (3-4 days), so he offered to cancel my online order and reorder it himself.

It seems like their online system has some serious delays to it. Try calling a store.
Jan 28, 2007
79 posts
10 upvotes
Just called the store, ordered over the phone, and will go to pick up now. Easy.

Since it's only available in store, I wasn't able to add it to the cart and order online for pickup.
Dec 24, 2011
486 posts
1016 upvotes
East, Canada
I was able to get a rain check at my local store. Customer service varies by employee not just store, but the lady standing at the paint counter gave me a rain check and will call me when it’s in stock. Curiously, she only asked “just the black?” and was referencing her own handwritten noted item numbers of about a dozen products which must be popular sale items. In comparison to Home Depot who flat-out refused me a rain check on three occasions recently, this is great customer service.
Mar 19, 2006
988 posts
388 upvotes
Capt. wrote: Of course. Just don't get it on the tires. I can't say how long it will last on the rims but the price is right.
Tip, use a cheap deck of cards and insert them between the wheel and the tire. Easier than taping.
Aug 18, 2016
269 posts
339 upvotes
lcmt wrote: Don't order anything from Home Hardware online. I order paint from the site and I got a cancellation email after 10 days. Waste my time. I don't mind getting a cancellation email, but definitely not after 10 days. Anything that cannot be delivered should notify the customer within 2 days. I know we have a special situation to deal with covid-19, but the situation is the same for Canadian Tire, Homedepot, and Lowes. These companies can inform the customer within 2 days. The worst thing is that the paint is still available to order online and Home Hardware doesn't fix the problem. If you want anything from home hardware, try to call, email or phone your local store. The home hardware online inventory system seems not reliable.
I had same thing happen with snowblower from Home Depot, but it was after 3.5 weeks. By that time all the best deals were gone as snow had started to fly. So I guess Home Hardware isn't only one...