Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Hardware

BENCHMARK 22" Electric Snow Blower - 15 amp - $149.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2022 8:21 pm
Jul 14, 2008
22 posts
6 upvotes
What I like about this machine vs gas is that there is no maintenance and is very light, so i can pick it up and use it in areas a gas one wont allow. One downside with the cord aside from being careful not to run it over with the machine, is that when things are all said and done, a 100' 12/3 extension cord can get pretty heavy to wrap and put away. Also indefinite run time vs batteries which can give peace of mind.
Jul 10, 2003
787 posts
684 upvotes
Toronto
The belt on mine the dust on the first day out after just 20 minutes. Called Home Hardware and they sent me to their repair partner across town.

They had to order a belt which is a wear item and not covered. It's $30 for the belt and $20 to install but if I want to install it myself then it's $30 for the belt plus $20 for shipping, taxes and ??? from the warehouse to the repair shop and if I don't want it at all then it's $50 for the "consultation".

FYI - If you get a year out of it or more before the belt breaks, you're ahead but don't get fleeced at their repair shop like me. Disappointed But Relieved Face
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2003
1003 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
ironchefff wrote: The belt on mine the dust on the first day out after just 20 minutes. Called Home Hardware and they sent me to their repair partner across town.

They had to order a belt which is a wear item and not covered. It's $30 for the belt and $20 to install but if I want to install it myself then it's $30 for the belt plus $20 for shipping, taxes and ??? from the warehouse to the repair shop and if I don't want it at all then it's $50 for the "consultation".

FYI - If you get a year out of it or more before the belt breaks, you're ahead but don't get fleeced at their repair shop like me. Disappointed But Relieved Face
Started replying to this thread as I saw the price drop. Then it went back and now it's out of stock!
Also just saw the message above. Thanks for the heads up on the belt. Can you buy the belt somewhere else such as amazon (assuming you had known before the consult)
It sounds unfortunate, sorry for your situation and thank you for sharing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)