Expired Hot Deals

Home Hardware

Black Jack 17L Maxx 200 Asphalt Filler/Sealer

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2020 11:22 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
1201 posts
630 upvotes

[Home Hardware] Black Jack 17L Maxx 200 Asphalt Filler/Sealer

Great price for Black Jack Maxx 200.
Retails at Canadaian Tire for $34.97.
I price matched at Canadian tire.
Maxx 200
Images
  • maxx 200.JPG
52 replies
Sr. Member
Jul 20, 2009
646 posts
115 upvotes
Ottawa
How is this one compares to Airport+ All Season Driveway Sealer, 17-L, which is currently on sale?
Jr. Member
Nov 14, 2016
160 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
This thing is nice and thick so you will need more of it as compared to the more liquidy Airport sealer stuff from CT. Make sure to MIX the second container after using half of the first one(if you have a bigger driveway). I made a mistake of not mixing and the 2nd container had a distinct color difference after it dried out.
Sr. Member
Jul 20, 2009
646 posts
115 upvotes
Ottawa
toradian wrote: This thing is nice and thick so you will need more of it as compared to the more liquidy Airport sealer stuff from CT. Make sure to MIX the second container after using half of the first one(if you have a bigger driveway). I made a mistake of not mixing and the 2nd container had a distinct color difference after it dried out.

If that is the case, which one do you suggest? What do you mean by MIX the second container, do you mean stir them up before the use?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 10, 2011
1254 posts
424 upvotes
I just did my driveway with this a couple days ago, way better then the thin cheap homehardware stuff I used a few years ago, this stuff is nice flat deep black with grit in it for traction.. my drive was a slick when wet before. Also when I did drive before with squeegeeing it took 6 pails of the other crap.. this time I rolled this stuff and only used 3 pails! And my driveway is 150’
I was happy paying $25 but it went on sale two days later so I got a price adjustment.. $56 for my big driveway is great.
Images
  • EB7C1FC6-7CA4-472A-9895-8CD0FC6D3016.jpeg
  • 5B49D8DA-2CAD-4E0D-B2FA-34416886A539.jpeg
No One Goes to Palmerston Ontario
Sr. Member
Jul 20, 2009
646 posts
115 upvotes
Ottawa
Redfisher wrote: I just did my driveway with this a couple days ago, way better then the thin cheap homehardware stuff I used a few years ago, this stuff is nice flat deep black with grit in it for traction.. my drive was a slick when wet before. Also when I did drive before with squeegeeing it took 6 pails of the other crap.. this time I rolled this stuff and only used 3 pails! And my driveway is 150’
I was happy paying $25 but it went on sale two days later so I got a price adjustment.. $56 for my big driveway is great.
Hi Redfisher, sorry to ask which brand did you use? Also how many container do you apply for your driveway. My driveway looks similar to your

Thanks in advance
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
11176 posts
4537 upvotes
anzvietboy wrote: Hi Redfisher, sorry to ask which brand did you use? Also how many container do you apply for your driveway. My driveway looks similar to your

Thanks in advance
I think he said he used this brand and used 3 pails.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 10, 2011
1254 posts
424 upvotes
anzvietboy wrote: Hi Redfisher, sorry to ask which brand did you use? Also how many container do you apply for your driveway. My driveway looks similar to your

Thanks in advance
I used the blackjack 200 which is on sale as mentioned in this thread. $18 a pail. I used 3 pails rolled on thin. I’d have used 5-6 pails if squeegeeing on much thicker. Depends on what you want, put on thicker less often or thinner more often. But a pail is good for around 500 square feet.
No One Goes to Palmerston Ontario
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 3, 2007
533 posts
420 upvotes
Toronto
Redfisher wrote: ...
before with squeegeeing it took 6 pails of the other crap.. this time I rolled this stuff and only used 3 pails!
...
Did you use a paint roller? I was under the impression you had to use a squeegee?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 4, 2007
1779 posts
3205 upvotes
Redfisher wrote: I used the blackjack 200 which is on sale as mentioned in this thread. $18 a pail. I used 3 pails rolled on thin. I’d have used 5-6 pails if squeegeeing on much thicker. Depends on what you want, put on thicker less often or thinner more often. But a pail is good for around 500 square feet.
How long does a thinner coat last vs a thicker coat?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 10, 2011
1254 posts
424 upvotes
Yzord wrote: Did you use a paint roller? I was under the impression you had to use a squeegee?
Yes a foam roller with broom handle dipping right in bucket. Rolls nice if not too many voids in surface
No One Goes to Palmerston Ontario
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 10, 2011
1254 posts
424 upvotes
Mmagic888 wrote: How long does a thinner coat last vs a thicker coat?
I’d say twice as long with the thicker coat with squeegeeing.
No One Goes to Palmerston Ontario
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1807 posts
1318 upvotes
Redfisher wrote: I used the blackjack 200 which is on sale as mentioned in this thread. $18 a pail. I used 3 pails rolled on thin. I’d have used 5-6 pails if squeegeeing on much thicker. Depends on what you want, put on thicker less often or thinner more often. But a pail is good for around 500 square feet.
That's a really thin coat, the specs calls for 350 sqft a pail. I guess it depends on how many cracks and how thick of a coat you want. One would be looking at about 15' of standard 2 car garage driveway per pail.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 10, 2011
1254 posts
424 upvotes
my0gr81 wrote: That's a really thin coat, the specs calls for 350 sqft a pail. I guess it depends on how many cracks and how thick of a coat you want. One would be looking at about 15' of standard 2 car garage driveway per pail.
I know, I was kinda surprised too. But my drive was done so many times by the old owners it has almost a thick smooth rubbery coating! So this stuff rolled on thin and smooth. I’m trying to let it thin out a bit so I’m gonna do a thin coat as needed, but yes by square footage I should use 6 pails as my drive is I think 2700 sq feet.
No One Goes to Palmerston Ontario
Jr. Member
Nov 14, 2016
160 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
anzvietboy wrote: If that is the case, which one do you suggest? What do you mean by MIX the second container, do you mean stir them up before the use?
This is a good brand for the price. I meant to open both the containers and use the first one 2/3 and then pour some from the 2nd container to blend the color. They have this on the instructions as well.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 10, 2011
1254 posts
424 upvotes
toradian wrote: This is a good brand for the price. I meant to open both the containers and use the first one 2/3 and then pour some from the 2nd container to blend the color. They have this on the instructions as well.
I also use paint mixer on my cordless drill for a few minutes a bucket to mix real smooth.
No One Goes to Palmerston Ontario
Sr. Member
User avatar
May 22, 2012
834 posts
459 upvotes
Toronto
anzvietboy wrote: How is this one compares to Airport+ All Season Driveway Sealer, 17-L, which is currently on sale?
I'm wondering the same thing, was planning on picking up the Airport+ All Season Driveway Sealer, 17-L that's on sale right now at Canadian tire

Edit: Also any recommendations on how to remove oil spots on the driveway?
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
11176 posts
4537 upvotes
Just wondering if it's worth doing it yourself (600 square feet and around $50+ in materials cost) or paying someone $100 or so?

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)