Maxx 200
Images
  • maxx 200.JPG
53 replies
Jul 20, 2009
473 posts
76 upvotes
Ottawa
How is this one compares to Airport+ All Season Driveway Sealer, 17-L, which is currently on sale?
Nov 14, 2016
157 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
This thing is nice and thick so you will need more of it as compared to the more liquidy Airport sealer stuff from CT. Make sure to MIX the second container after using half of the first one(if you have a bigger driveway). I made a mistake of not mixing and the 2nd container had a distinct color difference after it dried out.
Jul 20, 2009
473 posts
76 upvotes
Ottawa
toradian wrote: This thing is nice and thick so you will need more of it as compared to the more liquidy Airport sealer stuff from CT. Make sure to MIX the second container after using half of the first one(if you have a bigger driveway). I made a mistake of not mixing and the 2nd container had a distinct color difference after it dried out.

If that is the case, which one do you suggest? What do you mean by MIX the second container, do you mean stir them up before the use?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2011
1254 posts
413 upvotes
I just did my driveway with this a couple days ago, way better then the thin cheap homehardware stuff I used a few years ago, this stuff is nice flat deep black with grit in it for traction.. my drive was a slick when wet before. Also when I did drive before with squeegeeing it took 6 pails of the other crap.. this time I rolled this stuff and only used 3 pails! And my driveway is 150’
I was happy paying $25 but it went on sale two days later so I got a price adjustment.. $56 for my big driveway is great.
Images
  • EB7C1FC6-7CA4-472A-9895-8CD0FC6D3016.jpeg
  • 5B49D8DA-2CAD-4E0D-B2FA-34416886A539.jpeg
No One Goes to Palmerston Ontario
Jul 20, 2009
473 posts
76 upvotes
Ottawa
Redfisher wrote: I just did my driveway with this a couple days ago, way better then the thin cheap homehardware stuff I used a few years ago, this stuff is nice flat deep black with grit in it for traction.. my drive was a slick when wet before. Also when I did drive before with squeegeeing it took 6 pails of the other crap.. this time I rolled this stuff and only used 3 pails! And my driveway is 150’
I was happy paying $25 but it went on sale two days later so I got a price adjustment.. $56 for my big driveway is great.
Hi Redfisher, sorry to ask which brand did you use? Also how many container do you apply for your driveway. My driveway looks similar to your

Thanks in advance
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9344 posts
2813 upvotes
anzvietboy wrote: Hi Redfisher, sorry to ask which brand did you use? Also how many container do you apply for your driveway. My driveway looks similar to your

Thanks in advance
I think he said he used this brand and used 3 pails.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2011
1254 posts
413 upvotes
anzvietboy wrote: Hi Redfisher, sorry to ask which brand did you use? Also how many container do you apply for your driveway. My driveway looks similar to your

Thanks in advance
I used the blackjack 200 which is on sale as mentioned in this thread. $18 a pail. I used 3 pails rolled on thin. I’d have used 5-6 pails if squeegeeing on much thicker. Depends on what you want, put on thicker less often or thinner more often. But a pail is good for around 500 square feet.
Jun 3, 2007
440 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto
Redfisher wrote: ...
before with squeegeeing it took 6 pails of the other crap.. this time I rolled this stuff and only used 3 pails!
Did you use a paint roller? I was under the impression you had to use a squeegee?
Jun 4, 2007
959 posts
498 upvotes
Redfisher wrote: I used the blackjack 200 which is on sale as mentioned in this thread. $18 a pail. I used 3 pails rolled on thin. I’d have used 5-6 pails if squeegeeing on much thicker. Depends on what you want, put on thicker less often or thinner more often. But a pail is good for around 500 square feet.
How long does a thinner coat last vs a thicker coat?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2011
1254 posts
413 upvotes
Yzord wrote: Did you use a paint roller? I was under the impression you had to use a squeegee?
Yes a foam roller with broom handle dipping right in bucket. Rolls nice if not too many voids in surface
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2011
1254 posts
413 upvotes
Mmagic888 wrote: How long does a thinner coat last vs a thicker coat?
I’d say twice as long with the thicker coat with squeegeeing.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1125 posts
630 upvotes
Redfisher wrote: I used the blackjack 200 which is on sale as mentioned in this thread. $18 a pail. I used 3 pails rolled on thin. I’d have used 5-6 pails if squeegeeing on much thicker. Depends on what you want, put on thicker less often or thinner more often. But a pail is good for around 500 square feet.
That's a really thin coat, the specs calls for 350 sqft a pail. I guess it depends on how many cracks and how thick of a coat you want. One would be looking at about 15' of standard 2 car garage driveway per pail.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2011
1254 posts
413 upvotes
my0gr81 wrote: That's a really thin coat, the specs calls for 350 sqft a pail. I guess it depends on how many cracks and how thick of a coat you want. One would be looking at about 15' of standard 2 car garage driveway per pail.
I know, I was kinda surprised too. But my drive was done so many times by the old owners it has almost a thick smooth rubbery coating! So this stuff rolled on thin and smooth. I’m trying to let it thin out a bit so I’m gonna do a thin coat as needed, but yes by square footage I should use 6 pails as my drive is I think 2700 sq feet.
Nov 14, 2016
157 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
anzvietboy wrote: If that is the case, which one do you suggest? What do you mean by MIX the second container, do you mean stir them up before the use?
This is a good brand for the price. I meant to open both the containers and use the first one 2/3 and then pour some from the 2nd container to blend the color. They have this on the instructions as well.