Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Hardware

BOSCH 10 Piece Standard Daredevil Spade Bit Set $14.97 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2021 10:00 pm
May 8, 2016
956 posts
2107 upvotes

[Home Hardware] BOSCH 10 Piece Standard Daredevil Spade Bit Set $14.97 YMMV

Don’t know whether this deal is cold or warm. The price at HD, Rona is at $30. I am kind of thinking it’s the lowest in the last 2 or 3 years.

A previous discussion when price was $19.99 is at here.

amazon-ca-bosch-dsb5010-daredevil-10-pi ... t-2195010/

PRODUCT OVERVIEWremove
Daredevil™ spade bits are designed for professional users seeking speed, ease of use and hole quality. A full-cone threaded tip pulls the bit through the material with less effort and vibration than other spade bits. The contoured paddle delivers faster chip removal; hex shank with power groove reduces slippage. Up to 10X faster than conventional spade bits.

Features a full-cone threaded tip for fast and effortless drilling
Contoured paddle for fast chip removal
Hex shank power groove to reduce slippage
Spur and reamer tips for cleaner holes
Provides a cleaner hole quality with reduced breakout
Up to 10X faster than conventional spade bits with less effort and vibration
**NOTE** Drill bits (or extension + drill bit) in excess of 8" should never exceed 600 RPM
INCLUDES:
(1) 1/4" bit
(1) 3/8" bit
(1) 1/2" bit
(1) 5/8" bit
(1) 3/4" bit
(1) 9/16" bit
(1) 7/8" bit
(1) 1" bit
(1) 1-1/8" bit
(1) 1-1/4" bit
Last edited by springrain on Mar 4th, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
24 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
2379 posts
4560 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
Nice, thanks OP! $14.97 at Airdrie, Cochrane, Okotoks, and Didsbury stores, if you're in the Calgary area.

Price match minus 10%, to get this for $13.47+GST at Home Depot. You can find part 214771 at Home Depot as SKU 1000665702. Quite a bit of stock all around at various HDs around Calgary: https://stocktrack.ca/?s=hd&sku=1000665702
May 8, 2016
956 posts
2107 upvotes
kodalidatta wrote: $19.99 in Edmonton, AB. Probably $14.99 is YMMV
At least at this store is $15:
#104 5700 - 50 Street
Beaumont, AB
T4X1M8
Jun 6, 2017
176 posts
301 upvotes
Thanks for the update.! Looking at Spruce Grove, AB earlier
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
2379 posts
4560 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
Price matched/beat by 10% at my local Home Depot to get this at $13.47. On the shelf, it had a yellow sticker and priced at $25.48, despite what StockTrack and HD.ca showed ($29.99).
HD-BoschSpades.jpg

I remember last thread for this pointed out that this comes in a blister package, with no carrying/storage case. Yep, that's the case! Maybe I'll have to 3D print one...

CSR Hannah clearly didn't enjoy her job, or was having a bad day. I tried to be friendly and wish her a great evening, but she was giving some pretty grumpy vibes. Oh well.
Jul 13, 2008
171 posts
192 upvotes
A lot of the bit side of Bosch is moving over to the Diablo brand. So all the blue stuff is going at lower prices. SDS bits should be in the same boat if they’re not gone already.
May 10, 2010
45 posts
34 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone have any luck getting HD to price match this with a chat CSR? I just got shut down with the excuse "I already sent all the details and model# of this item to our technical team but they said the problem is with homehardware website and not on our end as it does not load us the details for this store if they have it."

I actually got a price of $14.97 on this at a local Home Hardware store.
Apr 21, 2020
215 posts
224 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
damn thats a great deal, I just bought a bosch 1-1/4" spade alone cost me $10 from home depot.
May 8, 2016
956 posts
2107 upvotes
rileym wrote: Anyone have any luck getting HD to price match this with a chat CSR? I just got shut down with the excuse "I already sent all the details and model# of this item to our technical team but they said the problem is with homehardware website and not on our end as it does not load us the details for this store if they have it."

I actually got a price of $14.97 on this at a local Home Hardware store.
I believe you can just walk into a HD store and show the HH price on your cell phone. I don’t think there is a reason that they are going to reject a PM.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2017
1018 posts
790 upvotes
doesnt come with a case, that is a bummer
May 10, 2010
45 posts
34 upvotes
Vancouver
springrain wrote: I believe you can just walk into a HD store and show the HH price on your cell phone. I don’t think there is a reason that they are going to reject a PM.
I just tried again... this time the chat agent put it through. I think she basically took my word for it. Note for other shoppers, you may need to say your postal code is V2X5X7 in order to get that $14.97 price.
May 10, 2010
45 posts
34 upvotes
Vancouver
rileym wrote: I just tried again... this time the chat agent put it through. I think she basically took my word for it. Note for other shoppers, you may need to say your postal code is V2X5X7 in order to get that $14.97 price.
Update - the Price Match worked better than I thought. I somehow got this set for $8.97 LOL
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
2379 posts
4560 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
rileym wrote: Update - the Price Match worked better than I thought. I somehow got this set for $8.97 LOL
Nice - must be your lucky day! Instead of a 10% discount from competitor pricing, they gave you 40%. Wonder if they mistyped (pressed "4" above the "1" on numeric keypad).
Sep 6, 2016
343 posts
440 upvotes
Calgary
Trying to PM Home Depot in chat. Agent says she can't see a price. I wasn't believing her, so I opened another browser to start a chat with someone else. This new person isn't even answering my chat.

However I now vaguely recall reading somewhere that their IPs may be blocked by certain websites to prevent this PM stuff. Is that true?
Russia/Putin/Cronies must pay for all damages to Ukraine and her people. Let's start with seized assets
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
2379 posts
4560 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
FWIW, an alternative to printing the Home Hardware page is to bring this week's Home Hardware flyer (or access it using Flipp) to Home Depot, and turn to page 3:
HomeHardware10PcSpade.JPG

If matching online, some clerks may only price match (instead of doing price match minus 10%, as expected, for match/beat of bricks-and-mortar store pricing).
Dec 8, 2017
755 posts
2358 upvotes
QC
When you look at the picture of the packaging on Home Hardware's website, it shows 10 + 2 Bonus. The packaging at Home Depot has 10 spades according to the picture in post #7.

Anyone bought it from Home Hardware and can confirm the 2 bonus spades in the package? 2 extra spades are worth more than the $1.50 price match rebate at HD

Edit: called two HH stores who had stock nearby and they confirmed it's the same 10-pack as HD, no bonus.
May 8, 2016
956 posts
2107 upvotes
kbear99 wrote: Trying to PM Home Depot in chat. Agent says she can't see a price. I wasn't believing her, so I opened another browser to start a chat with someone else. This new person isn't even answering my chat.

However I now vaguely recall reading somewhere that their IPs may be blocked by certain websites to prevent this PM stuff. Is that true?
I believe it should be the location issue-if a location is not selected, the ad wouldn’t be visible for a new computer, i.e., the HD CSR.

Some experiment worth to try: provide the postal code of your local HH store together with the deal link. If someone could try, let’s see what happens.
May 10, 2010
45 posts
34 upvotes
Vancouver
kbear99 wrote: Trying to PM Home Depot in chat. Agent says she can't see a price. I wasn't believing her, so I opened another browser to start a chat with someone else. This new person isn't even answering my chat.

This sounds like the problem I had as well. Whatever "system" they use to pull pricing and verify it from a competitor doesn't seem to agree with how HH presents their pricing. The first time I tried the CSR told me he had to notify their technical team about something and would not process the PM. So I ended the chat and started another one immediately. Next rep processed it for me. YMMV clearly.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)