[Home Hardware] BOSCH 10 Piece Standard Daredevil Spade Bit Set for 17.97$

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2020 6:05 pm
[OP]
Jul 16, 2020
2 posts
9 upvotes

[Home Hardware] BOSCH 10 Piece Standard Daredevil Spade Bit Set for 17.97$

Hey guys, first time post. Saw that some of you were interested in these spade bits.

PRODUCT OVERVIEWremove
Features a full-cone threaded tip for fast and effortless drilling
Contoured paddle for fast chip removal
Hex shank power groove to reduce slippage
Spur and reamer tips for cleaner holes
Provides a cleaner hole quality with reduced breakout
Up to 10X faster than conventional spade bits with less effort and vibration
**NOTE** Drill bits (or extension + drill bit) in excess of 8" should never exceed 600 RPM
INCLUDES:
(1) 1/4" bit
(1) 3/8" bit
(1) 1/2" bit
(1) 5/8" bit
(1) 3/4" bit
(1) 9/16" bit
(1) 7/8" bit
(1) 1" bit
(1) 1-1/8" bit
(1) 1-1/4" bit
Images
  • SmartSelect_20200918-150958_Chrome.jpg
21 replies
Jun 22, 2008
18 posts
20 upvotes
Home Depot sells the same set, you should be able to price match for an additional 10% off
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2786 posts
2071 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have a smaller set of these bits. They're quite good. Be aware that if the bit hits something hard it will kick the drill back in your hand a bit, and the wider the bit the more leverage it has and can jar your wrist, especially on the low speed / high torque setting. So if you're drilling into something that might have hidden nails etc. with a 1" or bigger on torque, best to hold the bottom of the drill as well with your other hand and be prepared for a kick.
Jul 8, 2008
822 posts
278 upvotes
Toronto
Wasn’t this selling for $5 on Amazon? Or was it the smaller set?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1513 posts
417 upvotes
OakAged wrote: I have a smaller set of these bits. They're quite good. Be aware that if the bit hits something hard it will kick the drill back in your hand a bit, and the wider the bit the more leverage it has and can jar your wrist, especially on the low speed / high torque setting. So if you're drilling into something that might have hidden nails etc. with a 1" or bigger on torque, best to hold the bottom of the drill as well with your other hand and be prepared for a kick.
I had this happen to me as i was drilling in a tight space. It destroyed my $200 pair of glasses and sent me flying to the ground.
Lesson learnt! :)
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2786 posts
2071 upvotes
Toronto, ON
soupmaster666 wrote: That's what the drill clutch is for!
No sir. The clutch is for driving screws, so you don't over-sink the screw or cause cam-out. The drill setting is for drilling, and it doesn't use the clutch.
Apr 23, 2008
263 posts
126 upvotes
Ottawa
These are good bits. The screw helps you get the bit centered when you get started. Some spade bits (not these), especially if they are a little dull, will dance around instead of biting into the wood.
Feb 6, 2019
37 posts
20 upvotes
This is a very good deal, similar to the recent post about the set from Home Depot. The tricky part is to find a suitable case/pouch for them. In the HD thread, someone suggested a pencil case from the dollar store.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8690 posts
880 upvotes
One of the reasons I don't cheap out honestly on a drill. I have a Bosch 18V EC Tough Built Drill... it has anti-kickback which I think should be a feature on EVERY heavy duty drill. The wrist saver as I call it. As other mentioned, the Clutch is for over screw prevention, not for drilling.
OakAged wrote: I have a smaller set of these bits. They're quite good. Be aware that if the bit hits something hard it will kick the drill back in your hand a bit, and the wider the bit the more leverage it has and can jar your wrist, especially on the low speed / high torque setting. So if you're drilling into something that might have hidden nails etc. with a 1" or bigger on torque, best to hold the bottom of the drill as well with your other hand and be prepared for a kick.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7644 posts
1711 upvotes
Mont-Royal
What is the difference between these and the drill spirals? (wood)

I need to insert some shelving metal rod of 8 inches long and 1/2 inch diameter into the thickness of a 2 inches thick wood.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8690 posts
880 upvotes
These are generally for "rough" drilling... like through 2x4 - 2x6 for wiring/tubing etc. If you want clean holes, get yourself some decent Forstner bits... extremely clean holes and a flat bottom if you need that.
L4cky wrote: What is the difference between these and the drill spirals? (wood)

I need to insert some shelving metal rod of 8 inches long and 1/2 inch diameter into the thickness of a 2 inches thick wood.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7644 posts
1711 upvotes
Mont-Royal
sleepyguy wrote: These are generally for "rough" drilling... like through 2x4 - 2x6 for wiring/tubing etc. If you want clean holes, get yourself some decent Forstner bits... extremely clean holes and a flat bottom if you need that.
now sure how to drill straight with fortsner 90 degres as jigs only allow one diameter. so 8 inches deep, how do we do that? :(

"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Sep 7, 2020
16 posts
8 upvotes
You’re trusting those lil screws and plugs to hold up a solid wood 2x10 shelf and whatever you put on it? I used eight #12 toggles rated at 100 lbs each to hold up a floating IKEA (hollow/laminate) Lack shelf, and it came down one night, pulling four nice 3”x5” holes out of the Gyproc. Face With Tears Of Joy

I’ve since repaired the wall and put it back up, drilling new holes in the bracket centred on the studs, and used 3/8”x 3” lag bolts. It’ll stay up till long after I’m dead.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8690 posts
880 upvotes
Ah, ok I didn't see what you were trying to do.

To drill those perfectly, probably build a guide jig and a long drill bit (these bosch spades are too short). A drill press is best but not sure the "throw" will be long enough on must consumer drill presses. So free hand with a long spade bit and a guide is best.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com