Expired Hot Deals

[Home Hardware] GORILLA Glue $6.74 (4oz) / Shoe Goo $6.47 (109.4mL)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2020 3:34 pm
[OP]
Dec 7, 2005
196 posts
50 upvotes

[Home Hardware] GORILLA Glue $6.74 (4oz) / Shoe Goo $6.47 (109.4mL)

50% on several glues but original Gorilla Glue and Shoe Goo stood out as good deals/savings
https://www.homehardware.ca/en/4oz-prem ... /p/2020832
https://www.homehardware.ca/en/1094ml-s ... /p/4552264

don't forget to earn aeroplan miles
4 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3966 posts
5515 upvotes
somewhere in B.C.
while the price on this deal is good, I certainly don't recommend Gorilla Glue

the glue foams a lot after application and makes a mess of everything
also unopened bottles will only stay usable for a few months (might be ymmv)
and opened bottles for a few weeks

I have no idea what the application is for this glue as I haven't found anything that it does well yet
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
2372 posts
817 upvotes
lethbridge alberta
raskal wrote: while the price on this deal is good, I certainly don't recommend Gorilla Glue

the glue foams a lot after application and makes a mess of everything
also unopened bottles will only stay usable for a few months (might be ymmv)
and opened bottles for a few weeks

I have no idea what the application is for this glue as I haven't found anything that it does well yet
Le sigh..... Its proper use is right in the instructions. The original Gorilla Glue is not your standard wood glue that everyone grew up using. It is a Polyurethane based glue. You have to lightly dampen one side of the joint you are gluing because the glue is activated by water. Then apply the glue "sparingly" to the dry side of the joint. The glue has a 3 times expansion factor. Use too much and it will get everywhere. It is also very sticky. You have to use paint thinner to clean it up. It has a typical one year unopened lifespan though I have opened bottle two years old and it was fine. Since it is water activated, if you use the tip of bottle to spread it around, you will likely pickup some moisture and that is what shortens its lifespan. I've seen guys in the wood shop, spray water on the wood and apply the glue to the wet surface with the tip of the bottle, then one week later the glue won't come out anymore. Lastly you have to clamp whatever you glued because of the glue's expansion factor, it will try to push the joint apart. The product works extremely well as along as you follow the instructions.
Dec 2, 2012
205 posts
292 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
PM at HD for $6.85 (after tax)