Expired Hot Deals

[Home Hardware] HOME BUILDER 300 Pack #8 x 3" Yellow Zinc Plated All Purpose Screws for $9.97

[OP]
Jan 24, 2013
907 posts
3884 upvotes
MILTON

[Home Hardware] HOME BUILDER 300 Pack #8 x 3" Yellow Zinc Plated All Purpose Screws for $9.97

• All-purpose screws
  • Flat socket
  • Outlasts galvanized finished nails or screws
  • Recommended for indoor use only
  • Yellow zinc
  • 300 pack
Images
  • _home-builder-300-pack-8x3-yellow-zinc-plated-all-purpose-screws-home-hardware-b.jpg
15 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3331 upvotes
hmm good deal i need some for my garage is that the only one on sale.
Apr 24, 2015
21 posts
13 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
waven101 wrote: hmm good deal i need some for my garage is that the only one on sale.
The flyer specifically calls-out the 3" screws, so I think not, unfortunately.
Jul 29, 2006
106 posts
124 upvotes
Ottawa
Bought these on sale a couple years ago. The Square drive is a bit inconsistent and shallow so the bit slips out on occasion.
Feb 20, 2011
943 posts
315 upvotes
Can’t add to cart on my side? The button never appears. Anyone else?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2544 posts
1328 upvotes
London
congo wrote: Bought these on sale a couple years ago. The Square drive is a bit inconsistent and shallow so the bit slips out on occasion.
square drive is the american knock off. u have to make sure u buy genuine Robertson bits if u have the genuine bits and screws they are tapered and the screw locks in to the screw so well that if u insert the screw driver into the screw then hold it upside down by the screw it will hold the weight of screw driver without falling out the cheap amercian knockoffs wont do it they are just square without the taper.
Jul 29, 2006
106 posts
124 upvotes
Ottawa
You will rarely find a Robertson screw, knockoff or not, in the US. In fact, it's kind of hard to find the genuine product at a lot of stores in Canada.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2544 posts
1328 upvotes
London
congo wrote: You will rarely find a Robertson screw, knockoff or not, in the US. In fact, it's kind of hard to find the genuine product at a lot of stores in Canada.
builders in the us like them mike homles got them hooked on them but the companies down there rather then import the good ones they made there own crapper version.

if u buy bits made by Task, rack-a-tier or Boss MFG those ones are guarantee to be genuine since there are official suppliers listed on the roberston site.
Last edited by aaron158 on Feb 4th, 2021 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4719 posts
5727 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Too bad.. I need to replenish 1.5 and 2" ones.

3" is too long for most indoor projects.
Nov 28, 2009
53 posts
5 upvotes
Oshawa
The deal is ok not great but the screws are too long and awkward to work with for the DIY crowd.
Oct 27, 2012
150 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
how is their curbside pickup like in ontario? is it super slow?
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”

― Stephen McCranie
May 17, 2011
516 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
bobbyg9 wrote: Can’t add to cart on my side? The button never appears. Anyone else?
I found I can never order online with them, I have to call the store. It's a pretty useless website. The people in the stores just walk around and pick my order while I'm on the phone, so at least it's ready right away.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
12349 posts
3579 upvotes
GTA
Yadvinder007 wrote: how is their curbside pickup like in ontario? is it super slow?
I've grabbed a couple of things from the HH on Vaughan Rd ( Bathurst/St.Clair area) and it was ready next day. A quick knock on the door and you're being served. Dunno about others.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sep 2, 2008
151 posts
79 upvotes
Lousy online service no delivery or curbside pickup option.
I used to go to home hardware but now home depot is my go to place
Apr 1, 2019
33 posts
24 upvotes
As a contractor I must vouch for HomeHardware being #1 during the lockdown for speed of pickups when there is only curbside pick up. I park outside the HH, call in my order and it's ready for pickup a couple minutes later from the front door.

I also buy ALL my screws from homehardware. Buy their largest size pails/boxes 1200-4000's and it's always a better price than homedepot or lowes by far based on price/peice.
Apr 1, 2019
33 posts
24 upvotes
One other tip - I do agree the website functionality is pretty poor. Just open up google and search "item you're looking for - homehardware" and you will have 1000x easier time finding your item on their website.