Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1023 posts
4698 upvotes
MILTON

[Home Hardware] HOME GARDENER Overseeding Grass Seed 1kg for $4.97

• Quick germinating mixture
  • Excellent for repairing bare spots and thickening an existing lawn
  • Overseeding annually makes turf healthier and is a natural way of fighting weeds
  • The added self-repairing Perennial Ryegrass allows for the turf to regenerate itself, naturally filling in bare spots
  • Contains some coated seed for faster germination and early seeding success with less water
  • Covers up to 700 sq. ft. (65 sq. m.)
  • 1 kg
3 replies
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11411 posts
2870 upvotes
Kingston
Note these parts of the description:
An excellent choice for repairing bare spots and thickening existing lawns, this varietal blend of ryegrasses ensures rapid results.
An easy blend for anyone to use. Works best in the springtime when you need quick recovering from winter damage.

Rapid results usually means ANNUAL ryegrass which grows quickly and then dies at the end of the year (doesn't come back)
Aug 7, 2011
801 posts
369 upvotes
Good deal. Personally, I'm going to try something new this Fall and buy seed directly from a sod farm: https://www.fairgreensod.com/sun-grass-seed/

It takes too much time and effort to overseed properly so rather not risk it with cheap unknown seed. Fairgreen does have an excellent rep for its sod so let's see how the seed is.
Jul 18, 2014
504 posts
1090 upvotes
Tillsonburg ON
I went to Home Hardware to buy this grass seed and noticed they had bulk bins of seed. I end up buying seed from the bulk bin, it contained 50% Kentucky bluegrass which is higher than most of the mixes I see